Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 05:06 PM

691 posts, read 2,328,659 times

Advertisements

Been there, done that. I had a boss who was so horrible, always writing me up, lying, the "goal" for her was to put me on corrective action, to make herself look better. Same deal, I was a single mom, it was right after 9/11, no jobs. I toughed it out, until she fired me. I got unemployment.

In retrospect, I would have just quit, because it was so grueling to deal with stuff I took from her. It is amazing how much power a "boss" can have over your life. After she fired me, I had no health insurance for me or my child. No money, definitely no reference, she tried to completely destroy my life.

All I can say, is I feel for you. Been there. Know what it is like. She is no doubt trashing you to everyone. And, managers stick together, so they will just go along with whatever she does and says.

Take care of yourself, try to get away as fast as you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 12:15 AM

615 posts, read 1,374,878 times
Here is an article on cracked.com titled The 6 Most Horrific Bosses of All Time.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:14 AM

16 posts, read 22,943 times
"I thumbed through this book Amazon.com: The No ******* Rule: Building a Civilized Workplace and Surviving One That Isn't (9780446526562): Robert I. Sutton: Books last weekend at Barnes and Noble and it may me feel better for some reason - maybe because there are enough folks suffering in their jobs to make a book of it."

Unfortunately, a lot of people are affected by unhealthy workplace environments. According to a national poll conducted by the American Psychological Association, two-thirds of both men and women say work has a significant impact on their stress level, and one in four has called in sick or had to take a mental health day as a result of work stress.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:41 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,912,151 times
Quote:
there are some idiots in this world who actually pride themselves on being difficult to get along with
SOME?????!!!!

Old 09-17-2009, 12:49 PM

37,800 posts, read 41,000,307 times
You could always throw up on her or on her desk when she yells at you.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:58 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,834,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katgotsteve View Post
recording someone is subject to state laws. in georgia, they have a one party consent law--meaning if i record i give consent for the recording and do not have notify the other party. in california, it has the two party consent law meaning that both parties have to consent. california supreme court has also ruled that california residents are not subject to the laws across state lines--meaning if i am in california and i call georgia and i am taped it can not be used against me. check you state laws.

that being said, a journal is admissible in civil court in most states. it is your words and feelings at them time. the journal becomes physicaly evidence.

i am not a lawyer, just have been through a civil hearing and represented myself, so i had to learn a few things.
Umm, Like they say, the lawyer that has himself for a client, has either a fool for a lawyer, or an idiot for a client.

When you get on the area of crossing state lines, then you are governed by Federal Law, and federal law states, that as long as one adult is aware of the conversation being recorded, it is legal. Also when you record on the telephone you are dealing with FCC regulations, which is, Federal Communications Commission. So, If you paid yourself for that legal service, then you overcharged yourself and should get your money back. That is why so many police investigations are ok when someone is wearing a wire. That person is aware that the conversation is being recorded.
In the first place, this most likely wouldnt' ever go to court, it's just for employment purposes and reputation sake. It will stand up in every state for UE reference. I've represented myself "PROPIA PERSONA" in civil cases, interstate, and intra-state, but before I went to court, I did a lot of discovery. So, be careful about throwing out advice if you don't know what youre referring to.

Last edited by sinsativ; 09-17-2009 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: added info

Old 09-17-2009, 02:19 PM

95 posts, read 227,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
Umm, Like they say, the lawyer that has himself for a client, has either a fool for a lawyer, or an idiot for a client.

When you get on the area of crossing state lines, then you are governed by Federal Law, and federal law states, that as long as one adult is aware of the conversation being recorded, it is legal. Also when you record on the telephone you are dealing with FCC regulations, which is, Federal Communications Commission. So, If you paid yourself for that legal service, then you overcharged yourself and should get your money back. That is why so many police investigations are ok when someone is wearing a wire. That person is aware that the conversation is being recorded.
In the first place, this most likely wouldnt' ever go to court, it's just for employment purposes and reputation sake. It will stand up in every state for UE reference. I've represented myself "PROPIA PERSONA" in civil cases, interstate, and intra-state, but before I went to court, I did a lot of discovery. So, be careful about throwing out advice if you don't know what youre referring to.
before you act like a know it all maybe you should read this ruling by the california supreme court in regards to a georgia company and california resident. i am not stupid, nor did i misquote anything.

http://www.cov.com/files/Publication...c/oid22451.pdf

you can also find this opinion located on the california supreme court website.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:36 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,834,062 times
Once again, its still mandated by Federal law. So, its just a matter of doing your homework. they took it to california state court, not federal court. Didn't act like a know it all, you did. watch your quotes, you started it, I corrected you, you got your panties in a knot.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:41 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,122,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpointer View Post
Here is an article on cracked.com titled The 6 Most Horrific Bosses of All Time.
is any of that even true? what a load of BS.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:46 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,777,431 times
While it isn't easy to work for someone like this, and it can be very stressful, you have to learn not to internalize her behavior towards you. It's not personal, she is just a person with very poor social skills, and you unfortunately are an easy target for her aggression. Let it be her heart attack, not yours. No one should have the power to drive you to therapy and be put on meds just to cope. You have to find some inner strength and a different perspective. I hate to say it, but you have to toughen up and learn how to roll around you, not through you. Meanwhile, try to get and save all of her emails, so when she says she told you one thing while it was the other, you have some form of documentation to back you up. Save all notes as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment