Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Worst Customer Service
DMV 6 16.67%
USPS 4 11.11%
TSA 10 27.78%
Other 16 44.44%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 09:06 AM

8,047 posts, read 10,638,176 times

Advertisements

Sometimes the bigger a company gets, the worse it's customer service gets. Used to love Bell South, then it got taken over by AT&T and their customer service is pretty lousy. Also, ANY PLACE that has outsourced it's customer service to a call center overseas (India, etc.) ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 07:41 PM

408 posts, read 723,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Comcast makes those organizations look like the Hilton concierge.

YouTube - A Comcast Technician Sleeping on my Couch
I was a Comcast technician when this video posted on youtube.... People though it was ME, but it was a guy from over in Washington D.C. I still work for the company and honestly, they make it hard to provide customer service. I work for the company but our customer service is still FAARR superior to most others.

Ever had to call Verizon for assistance with anything?
McAfee or Norton with inquiries on why their product didn't stop your PC from being raped?
Microsoft? You need you CC# just to get through to a support rep.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:46 PM

5,867 posts, read 11,928,737 times
Hands down the worst customer service I've ever experienced was AT&T. Not just once but on multiple occasions. It took me 16 months to sort out a cell phone billing problem. I hope to never do business with them again (one of the reasons I won't get an iPhone).

Old 02-06-2010, 08:22 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,462,096 times
I'll nominate HIP VIP out of NY - an HMO. My Mom had a stroke, and in trying to care for her and get her all the services she should have (and paid thousands in premiums for years), I was met with a heartless group of people who at various times placed me on perma-hold, laughed at me, gave me the run-around, wrong information and even hung up on me. It was not until I was getting the NY State Attorney General's office involved that they offered any sort of assistance. Nothing short of a pack of unfeeling vultures - and that is me being VERY generous in my assessment of them.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:34 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
Time Warner Cable - the guy came to replace and update my DVR box and remote and was extremely rude and patronizing. I had to take off work to be there to let him in. I didn't ask him one thing about how the DVR box or new remote worked. He practically threw the remote instruction manual at me. "You're going to have to read the whole thing to see how it works. We don't teach people."

I should have gotten his name off his badge and reported him.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:43 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,274,431 times
For me the Post Office. No matter which branch I've visited, in whatever state, there was always the rude postal worker, long lines, flustered and irritable customers. I remember thinking once, "ahhh this is why people went postal..."
Mailmen weren't so great either.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:46 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
DL Division. Our state, along with several others, have changed the requirements to get a driver's license regardless if it's first time or a renewal. Problem is that they weren't prepared for all the delays and problems this could cause the public. Some people were waiting over 6 hours only to be turned away. What a joke.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:53 PM

45,407 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Every, and I mean EVERY, store in Annapolis, MD. The DMV there is outstanding, though.

One experience out of many: Mrs. NBP bought me a fairly expensive watch for Valentine's Day a number of years ago. The owner's instructions were the wrong ones (for a different make of watch) so I took it back to get the correct paperwork. I happened to be in my Bean camo hunting coat for some reason when I went to the store. Went in and a clerk offered her assistance. I said that I had a minor issue with a watch to which she replied, after she looked at me, "I'm quite sure that your watch didn't come from here because you can't afford to shop here".

Old 02-09-2010, 03:09 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Every, and I mean EVERY, store in Annapolis, MD. The DMV there is outstanding, though.

One experience out of many: Mrs. NBP bought me a fairly expensive watch for Valentine's Day a number of years ago. The owner's instructions were the wrong ones (for a different make of watch) so I took it back to get the correct paperwork. I happened to be in my Bean camo hunting coat for some reason when I went to the store. Went in and a clerk offered her assistance. I said that I had a minor issue with a watch to which she replied, after she looked at me, "I'm quite sure that your watch didn't come from here because you can't afford to shop here".
Holy Crap! That's terrible. Did you offer to help her pull the stick out of her butt?

Old 02-09-2010, 07:41 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
That's not "poor customer service" that's just plain rude and ignorant. I hope you reported it to her manager
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment