Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 05:56 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,754,147 times

Advertisements

Hey there,

I have been on my anxiety meds for about a year now, have you tried that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 08:30 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,814,491 times
I am like that when starting a new job and not knowing the expectations and whether I am good enough to exceed them. I have never failed in a work related context so the initial uncertainty makes me nervous. So nervous that I cannot eat breakfast in the morning for the first few days.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,542 times
This is how I feel every work night. I feel apprehensive to go to bed because I feel nervous to go to work. Once I get to work, I calm down and make it through the day. It's even worse when I have an extended amount of time off, like a vacation or if I'm home with the flu - the return to work feels like the end of the world to me and I just want to stay home. I'm glad to see others go through this as well, I always felt like some kind of weirdo to feel afraid to leave the house to go to work. If I call in "sick" to work I could leave the house to go anywhere else, grocery store, shopping etc. it's just a fear of having to go to work. It doesn't matter where I work - I have the fear at previous and current jobs. Whether I work independently or in a group. I suffer from a fear of going to work, and work only. I've tried self talking to calm myself down but it doesn't always work.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,233 times
I delivered furniture for 2 years and every day I would dread going into work, and it caused me to have a bad attitude while working. After 2 years I quit and hit a slump where I sat home everyday except only going to college. Not working made my anxiety worse and I get worthless when I woke up every morning. Now I recently started working at a retail phone store and I dread waking up in the morning. I started smoking marijuana 2 hours before work and I don't have the feeing at all anymore thankfully. I am only 20 years old and had this feeling not only about work but almost everything. I most likely have GAD

Old 02-08-2016, 10:53 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,755,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetvj View Post
people need to stop believing that taking a pill is the cure for dealing with life....

I'm not saying that drugs are never the answer for a true psychiatric disorder. I just think our society has somehow developed the belief that feeling anything but happiness and contentment is somehow abnormal and needs to be cured.
Yeah, just about everyone I know these days who has a little stress in their lives in taking Xanax.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:11 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,787,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadingedge04 View Post
Hello,
I have had this issue for years now and it confuses me. One example is, I worked at a job for a year and I was really good at but every time before work I feel nervous about going into work but yet when I'm there, its all ok and I really enjoyed it. This happened from day one until day 300 or so. I have a new job and like it but the trend continues with this new job, I really enjoy my job, its easy, the coworkers are so-so (but i don't have much contact with them), but before my shift my tummy gets into a knot and I get all nervous. Can anyone explain why this happens and how to stop it? I just don't want it to be like this!

I do have that at times, just because I have either been away form it for 2-4 days (Crazy schedule)
or that a supervisor is on a rampage due to finding a single crumb near some equipment.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:44 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,754,147 times
Had to bring this one back up. I am doing ok, but when I get back from a period off I get extreme anxiety. Vacation/weekend.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,024 times
I feel just like this! I'm 20 and just started working about a week ago and absolutely hate it. I feel like because I haven't been trained properly, because of how busy my supervisor is, I'm going to let the customers and my employers down. Talking to new people and doing mundane things like ordering my food at a restaurant have never been easy for me. This job entails having to make calls to shipping companies and answering clients to sale merchandise such as blankets and sheets. I'm always nervous when calling but it's getting better and better. Every morning I feel stressed out and nauseated because of it and once I get there I'm okay but it comes back the moment I make a call again. If only there were an on and off switch for nerves!

Old 10-04-2016, 12:39 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,740,038 times
It's crazy, and really comforting to know that so many others can relate! That's a relief in of itself.

I have really good intuition and can read peoples actions and gestures pretty well. Anxiety, in of itself its dreading a particular outcome. If I'm anxious its because I can sense that a certain outcome or reaction is not going to be positive. The problem is that I'm usually right at least 80% of the time.

Right now I am dealing with a co-worker whom is either bi-polar, racist, or just plain mean. I could leave the office at 6 and she is as sweet as a button. The next morning she wants nothing to do with me, rolls her eyes at me continuously, and gets upset/yells at me if I even take a paperclip off of her desk. She has become buddy-buddy with the boss and always seems to talk about me behind my back.

I now dread coming into work because I fear just asking her a simple question, will just set her off and affect me from getting my work done efficiently. It's disgusting because you can tell that she is looking for things, and trying to get me to voluntarily quit or even get fired. The messed up part is that I've been with the company longer than she has and I'm part of the reason she even has a job

Old 10-05-2016, 07:10 PM

94 posts, read 83,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadingedge04 View Post
Hello,
I have had this issue for years now and it confuses me. One example is, I worked at a job for a year and I was really good at but every time before work I feel nervous about going into work but yet when I'm there, its all ok and I really enjoyed it. This happened from day one until day 300 or so. I have a new job and like it but the trend continues with this new job, I really enjoy my job, its easy, the coworkers are so-so (but i don't have much contact with them), but before my shift my tummy gets into a knot and I get all nervous. Can anyone explain why this happens and how to stop it? I just don't want it to be like this!
I can relate to this so much! Literally every day when I get to the traffic light across from my office I get the worst stomachache. As soon as I'm sitting at my desk it's gone! I don't know why I feel like that; it's true that I dislike my job but I feel confident I'm doing good work and people always come to me with questions. Regardless, every day I get that horrible stomachache as soon as my office building comes into view. Maybe you can just remind yourself of the reasons you should feel good about your work? Or do something to relax you before work? For example, eating your favorite kind of cereal or listening to a favorite CD on the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment