Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Paris, London, or NYC
Paris 202 34.89%
London 177 30.57%
New York City 200 34.54%
Voters: 579. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 02:57 PM

545 posts, read 866,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartfordd View Post
I know Paris very well and it's a very very dangerous city, stop believe that Paris is the paradise !
Paris is much more dangerous than New York City BY FAR and a lot of Parisian people are bad, arrogant, not polished etc...

Crime in Paris :

[videos]
Don't watch those pseudo-documentaries about the US or you may think this country is full of sexual offenders living below bridges, mad dudes shooting randomly in the streets, car's pursuits and pregnant teenagers to name just a few.
Yes Paris is not heaven.. It's a just a big city. Unbelievable right ?

Where did you live to think Paris is so dangerous ? I live in the 11th arrondissement.. Some months ago I saw one of these "documentary" saying it is the most dangerous arrondissement of Paris. Meanwhile kids are playing in the park in front of my windows without any parent watching them.

Last edited by Rozenn; 02-26-2014 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: Removed videos from quote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 05:48 AM

1,076 posts, read 1,746,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedlaRoche View Post
Don't watch those pseudo-documentaries about the US or you may think this country is full of sexual offenders living below bridges, mad dudes shooting randomly in the streets, car's pursuits and pregnant teenagers to name just a few.
Yes Paris is not heaven.. It's a just a big city. Unbelievable right ?

Where did you live to think Paris is so dangerous ? I live in the 11th arrondissement.. Some months ago I saw one of these "documentary" saying it is the most dangerous arrondissement of Paris. Meanwhile kids are playing in the park in front of my windows without any parent watching them.
New York City people is more civilized and respectful, I know both cities and I see a big difference in mentality, behaviour... (for example in New York City people can even help you if you have a problem)
Also in New York City, he has no delinquent who can assault you without reasons.
Paris is a very dangerous city and the suburb is even worse.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:24 PM

301 posts, read 521,379 times
London
new york
paris

Old 02-26-2015, 03:20 AM

1,076 posts, read 1,746,462 times
New York City is obviously better than Paris because this city is cleaner, more beautiful, people are generally open minded, helpful...
Paris is a dirty and gloomy city, people are generally arogant, disrepectful...

Old 04-29-2015, 11:35 PM

6 posts, read 15,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
This comparison is totally ridiculous! Paris is 40 sq. miles. NYC is 303 sq. miles. London is 607 sq. miles.
You're looking at city limits. Paris city limits are bigger than the size of Manhattan. To compare the actual hearts of the cities (Manhattan, Paris, City of London) is different.

Paris = 105,40 km2
Manhattan = 87,46 km²
Inner London = 319 km2 (More than the actual walking area)

Paris metropolitan area = 2 845 km2 (Paris region = 12 011 km2)

Just so you could understand, all these cities are the same size roughly and by population NYC>Paris>London

Old 04-30-2015, 01:50 AM
SE9

219 posts, read 348,630 times
Inner London, Manhattan and whatever you've defined as "Paris" are not equivalent entities.

London and New York have roughly the same population.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:08 AM

1,327 posts, read 2,606,474 times
No, New York City is bigger than London. Never compare city proper.
If you add the suburbs, there are 8 million more people in New York City than in London.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:26 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,970,037 times
New York, followed by London. I will be living in London soon but New York is still my favorite city in the world up to this point.

I don't care much for Paris. I saw it as a kid, never cared for it, but I will be living pretty close by to there now. So I will take advantage of visiting Paris and seeing if it can grow on me.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:18 PM

969 posts, read 825,902 times
This is an ancient thread.

Interesting poll choices from the early 2010s, with Paris duking it out with New York for ascendancy, and a much lower profile pre-Olympics London.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:17 AM
SE9

219 posts, read 348,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
No, New York City is bigger than London. Never compare city proper.
If you add the suburbs, there are 8 million more people in New York City than in London.
'New York City' refers specifically to the five boroughs. The statistical system for defining suburbs is different in the US to the UK/Europe.

Not that population size alone reflects the greatness of a city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World