Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 02:30 PM

667 posts, read 940,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citynomad View Post
I'm a listener.
I know the Arizona Law against illegals, IMO nothing wrong especially by skyrocketing border crime rates.Moreover I heard about huge unemployment in AZ and conservatism of its people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 03:20 PM

1,185 posts, read 2,221,131 times
I think about phoenix when i think about arizona. Then i think about how everyone is wrong about arizona being only desert. I only learned recently that there are mountains in arizona along with forests.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:35 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Hot, deserts, mountains, bad economy..

Old 12-20-2012, 05:16 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalLord View Post
I'm not boycotting them, but as a brown person I ain't going back there without my U.S. passport. It's easier to carry around than my birth certificate.

I'm (mostly) serious.
What are you worried about?

Old 12-20-2012, 07:09 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,546,625 times
Too hot (yea, yea but it's a dry heat)

Racist. Stop and show ID if you look 'foreign'.

Open carry gun law

The only reason I would go to Arizona is to see the Grand Canyon. Then I'd get the hell out, fast.

Last edited by Ameriscot; 12-20-2012 at 07:21 AM..

Old 12-20-2012, 07:20 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
I'm Australian and have been to Arizona, albeit I wouldn't say I've truly explored it.

Before I visited, my perceptions were of the desert, cacti, and, of course, the Grand Canyon.

Since we just drove the interstate the scenery kind of disappointed me. More a flat steppe-like landscape than the mountains, cliffs, and, mostly importantly giant cactus (saw NO giant cactus, but drove mostly across northern AZ). I was on a tour so that couldn't be helped. The Grand Canyon was amazing, though, we took a helicopter ride. Lived up to the rep. I have a mock car license plate, 'Arizona: The Grand Canyon State' on my wall. When I go back I hope to go back to AZ, especially the Sonoran desert.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:28 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Too hot (yea, yea but it's a dry heat)

Racist. Stop and show ID is you look 'foreign'.
That's not how the law works.

Its tragic that so many people don't have enough intellectual curiosity to learn the truth. They then turn around and make blanket slurs against a whole state of people and the overwhelmingly good people who man the state's multiple law enforcement agencies.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 12-20-2012 at 08:12 AM..

Old 12-20-2012, 11:51 AM

254 posts, read 316,283 times
Sidewalks are deserted in Arizona. Always. Everyone drives.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:11 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,933,292 times
Arizona is mostly boring as all ****. I've been there many times and it's never awesome except if you're in college and go to Arizona State or Arizona University. Sedona I hear is cool, and of course the Grand Canyon.. but otherwise....**** state completely. Not to say cool people can't live there, but it's boring, especially Tucson. Phoenix and Tucson area..talk about urban sprawl.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:52 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,966,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm Australian and have been to Arizona, albeit I wouldn't say I've truly explored it.

Before I visited, my perceptions were of the desert, cacti, and, of course, the Grand Canyon.

Since we just drove the interstate the scenery kind of disappointed me. More a flat steppe-like landscape than the mountains, cliffs, and, mostly importantly giant cactus (saw NO giant cactus, but drove mostly across northern AZ). I was on a tour so that couldn't be helped. The Grand Canyon was amazing, though, we took a helicopter ride. Lived up to the rep. I have a mock car license plate, 'Arizona: The Grand Canyon State' on my wall. When I go back I hope to go back to AZ, especially the Sonoran desert.
Tucson is a lovely city in the Sonoran Desert, there's an ample amount of southwestern history there & the scenery (as well as tall cactus') are just lovely all with the mountains.

I love Arizona, the Grand Canyon, Sedona, Flagstaff, & Tucson. I think Phoenix is okay- I don't have any gripes with the place and I've been twice even have some distant cousins in Tempe. It has stuff to offer for those that live there but it's not an exhilarating place in the least. One cool thing is Montezuma's Castle on the outskirts of Phoenix. It's a terrific thing to visit and it's unique. Lots of Aztec history. However as a city, just like the other average joe cities in the United States like Philadelphia, Baltimore, Houston, & such I find it to be mildly boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World