Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 01:53 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times

Advertisements

Against other countries bans, North Korea defied them with nuclear tests. Could this be another war.

North Korea stages nuclear test in defiance of bans | World news | guardian.co.uk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 02:16 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Not the first time, though. If confirmed, it would mark the third time the North has detonated a nuclear device, following previous tests in 2006 and 2009. I wonder about the technical level of the North’s nuclear weapons program. Speculations are about an uranium device this time, compared to the plutonium ones detonated in previous tests, or maybe both.
It will be interesting to see how other countries respond to a country that appears immune to coercion, especially China ( NK closest ally ) who has long shielded North Korea from harsh global sanction.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:19 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
North Korea doesn't want a nuclear war, because they know it would wipe their entire country off the map. They want attention. Flexing muscles.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:13 PM

91 posts, read 157,926 times
They pissed China off with the test, it was something that China had warned them against. The only real way to hurt them is to cut the oil supply that is coming in from China, don't know why they would do it if it would anger their only ally.

There is also speculation that Iran, a country that is very interested in seeing the response from the UN to NK's testing, might be trading information with NK, while NK might actually be testing for both countries.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:11 PM

3,187 posts, read 4,588,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
North Korea doesn't want a nuclear war, because they know it would wipe their entire country off the map. They want attention. Flexing muscles.
Yep, North Korea would have to be suicidal to contemplate ever using a nuclear weapon on a foreign country.

Funny that they are being lectured by the only country to have used a nuclear weapon in warfare, twice. A case of 'do as I say. not as I do'.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:54 PM

26 posts, read 67,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkiercupid View Post
Yep, North Korea would have to be suicidal to contemplate ever using a nuclear weapon on a foreign country.

Funny that they are being lectured by the only country to have used a nuclear weapon in warfare, twice. A case of 'do as I say. not as I do'.

Someone has to keep them in check. Would you trust NK or Iran with a nuclear or the USA?

Old 02-13-2013, 04:34 PM

109 posts, read 128,301 times
Quote:

Japan did some pretty bad things to citizens of other countries in SE Asia...

Old 02-13-2013, 05:22 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,618,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Against other countries bans, North Korea defied them with nuclear tests. Could this be another war.

North Korea stages nuclear test in defiance of bans | World news | guardian.co.uk
Good afternoon! This is the topic was. North Korea has the right to suverinitet.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:29 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,618,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
They do not stick out your muscles. they know that if they have nuclear weapons, America will be afraid to invade their country as America is doing in Iraq, and so on. And can not control anymore. And all the panic is raised Americansюю

Old 02-13-2013, 08:06 PM

1,412 posts, read 4,485,386 times
Quote:

Yes because the same people who decided to use the bombs in WWII after a lot of warning, are alive today and in control.

It is like saying, why trust Austrailia? It is nothing but convicts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World