Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: EU or USA
European Union 119 45.25%
USA 144 54.75%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 10:18 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
This isn't an arguable point--I don't see why any of you are carrying this on. Mass transit in the US overall is a lot worse than it is in Europe. That will likely be the case for decades even were the US to continue the expansion of various systems and the EU simply kept their transit systems as they are--which is also not happening.

The US has awesome national parks. The EU is not going to start creating giant old growth forests from scratch.

Each area has their own advantages. Stop trying to obfuscate something so ridiculously simple.
And I'm just saying that public transportation not that big of a deal and is unusually praised and looked up to like a God on this Forum.

Why not compare European Motorways to the Interstate Highway System?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Old 11-27-2013, 11:05 AM

37,155 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
And I'm just saying that public transportation not that big of a deal and is unusually praised and looked up to like a God on this Forum.

Why not compare European Motorways to the Interstate Highway System?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
That's fine. I'm into it. You're not. The advantages or disadvantages of having a well functioning mass transit system is mostly a separate issue and one that I'm glad the American public has slowly come back around on. What I don't get are attempts at arguing that mass transit is somehow comparable between the US and the EU when they are really obviously not.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:49 PM

242 posts, read 368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Hmmm....looks like a lot of darker green areas with no service. This also doesn't tell how frequent and where the services are in the rural areas that actually get service.

Nope. Not feeling foolish. All my relatives live in suburbs, not even rural areas, in the US and only one has any type of bus service and that is limited to where it goes.

Oh, and how many times do I have to repeat to you that I'm not European.
So, about half of the area has service. Just give it up. PS what suburbs do they live in? Tell me The western part of the USA has no service because its pretty much national parks, desert and yep, low density.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:25 PM

4,095 posts, read 5,547,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INsync3 View Post
So, about half of the area has service. Just give it up. PS what suburbs do they live in? Tell me The western part of the USA has no service because its pretty much national parks, desert and yep, low density.
Low density where I live as well. I mean, 5 million for all of Scotland, but still public transport, even on the islands.

The suburbs are in Michigan. No transport.

Old 11-27-2013, 04:24 PM

37,155 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INsync3 View Post
I think you need to get out and see more of the US or meet more people from different parts of the US.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:27 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
This poll and topic makes good sense, large areas and both overall economic powers with high standard of living. I would have to go with the United States, I don't like the idea of living the rest of my life in any European country. The idea of living in the United States appeals to me. I am being objective as possible.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:31 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
Again I am not blind, many European countries are better than the U.S is some aspects, so I am not saying the U.S is perfect.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I think you need to get out and see more of the US or meet more people from different parts of the US.
Just in general i was saying that, yes i know some of the largest cities are on the west coast, but overrall its pretty low density. Don't take it so serious.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Low density where I live as well. I mean, 5 million for all of Scotland, but still public transport, even on the islands.

The suburbs are in Michigan. No transport.
Be more specific please about the location.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:37 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Metro Detroit?

Who would want public transportation out there, they have AMAZING freeways.

http://goo.gl/maps/1gydn
Take the train? No thank you, i'm renting a Dodge Challenger...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World