Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: EU or USA
European Union 119 45.25%
USA 144 54.75%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 09:40 AM

401 posts, read 534,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
What you say doesn't ring true? It sounds more like American government propaganda than anything, I am guessing you have never even been to Europe?
I have lived in Europe for over 40 years. Also, been in every European country except the Balkans. So I guess I have lived in Europe longer than you have lived in the States.

Government propaganda?? Really? Where does one find US Government propaganda that makes people like being able to buy pizza and Mountain Dew after dark?

Old 03-03-2014, 09:58 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,601,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingen View Post
I have lived in Europe for over 40 years. Also, been in every European country except the Balkans. So I guess I have lived in Europe longer than you have lived in the States.

Government propaganda?? Really? Where does one find US Government propaganda that makes people like being able to buy pizza and Mountain Dew after dark?
Do you live in the boondocks or something? There is a 24-hour convenience store near my house, and it's open until 11pm on Sunday. My nearest supermarket, less than a mile away, is open until 10pm Mon-Sat. This is in a boring suburban area, not the inner-city.

I guess civilisation has not yet arrived in your mysterious location?

Old 03-03-2014, 10:07 AM

401 posts, read 534,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Those Norwegians must be crazy if they think I will give my up British citizenship to live in their country.
You dont have to give up your British citizenship to live in Norway. Any citizen of EU can do that, but to be able to get a Norwegian citizenship you need to give up you previous one, since Norway does not allow dual.

However if born with a Norwegian you can have a US citizen, since the US allows dual.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:24 AM

1,523 posts, read 2,866,273 times
Funny how Vikingen simply answers the question and gives his honest opinion, he is jumped on for not giving the "right" answer. Since he didn't give the "right" answer it must mean he isn't really European, that he is buying into propaganda or that he hasn't traveled anywhere. Is that what being "open-minded" and "tolerant" of different opinions and ideas means?

Old 03-03-2014, 10:27 AM

108 posts, read 153,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAdragon View Post
Sure, at least to give it a try. I know like-minded people who are there (CA) and like it. I'd probably prefer US (CA,CO,NM,AZ) over Canada mainly because of the climate. I'm not sure I would even want US citizenship, it sounds like rushing into a marriage. I would prefer a place with somewhat open minded people, capable of having discussions/opinions that are not only black or white: huge number of people there look like they are strongly divided around any issue. But of course, you don't need to be friend with everybody, a few are enough and they can be found pretty much everywhere.
Please do not tell me your just listed Arizona as one of the open minded states, there government is probably the most conservative and radical in the country.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:24 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
If they don't like certain things about 'Europe' then that is fair enough, there are things about the part of the world that I live in that I don't like. I'm just saying that I live in Europe and what he/she says doesn't really ring true, not where I live for certain and I am pretty sure not for most of Europe either, it sounds to me like quite a lot of 'stereotypical' views of somebody that has never been to Europe, of course they may have lived in a far flung corner of Europe where what they say is true but then they shouldn't really be tarring all Europe with the same brush, there may not be much 'open space' in London or Rome but to suggest that there is no open space in Europe is a bit odd. Is grafitti any worse in Europe than anywhere else? In large city centres thay may be some but the town I live in is grafitti free and I am sure the same can be said of most in Europe. To claim that all of Europe has 'second rate health care' sounds like the sort of propoganda a private health company would use, health care varies from country to country and as for 'peeing' on your suitcase and going out to dinner at 8 o'clock on a Sunday? What is that all about?
So where in europe can you get wide open spaces like what you see in the Midwest?

Old 03-03-2014, 04:54 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
So where in europe can you get wide open spaces like what you see in the Midwest?
France and Spain

Old 03-03-2014, 05:20 PM

595 posts, read 720,000 times
Again
Where in Europe someone can't go out to dinner at 8 o`clock on a Sunday?

Old 03-03-2014, 05:33 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,245,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Iceland, Norway, Finland, Romania, Spain, Ireland, most of Eastern Europe.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:38 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,890,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Do you live in the boondocks or something? There is a 24-hour convenience store near my house, and it's open until 11pm on Sunday. My nearest supermarket, less than a mile away, is open until 10pm Mon-Sat. This is in a boring suburban area, not the inner-city.

I guess civilisation has not yet arrived in your mysterious location?
In Europe they don't really have 24 hour stores.

Like in Spain I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World