U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which has better nightlife?
Europe 10 47.62%
Latin America 11 52.38%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 43,130,167 times
Reputation: 11862

Advertisements

note: Latin America includes, in this case, Miami and south Florida.

Miami
San Juan
Tijuana
Cancun
Guadalajara
Mexico City
Panama City
Bogota
Caracas
Lima
Salvador
Recife
Rio de Janeiro
Sao Paulo
Buenos Aires
Santiago

versus

Lisbon
Madrid
Seville
Barcelona
Ibiza
Rome
Paris
London
Manchester
Amsterdam
Stockholm
Berlin
Munich
Belgrade
Athens


Which do you think has better nightlife?

Music - DJ's, live music, vibrancy, value for money, fun, variety, people...
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-21-2013, 09:39 AM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 9,722,762 times
Reputation: 4069
Newcastle and Glasgow are more fun than Manchester. Also you forgot the Greek islands.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2013, 03:40 PM
 
6,041 posts, read 10,356,467 times
Reputation: 3046
This depends exactly on the kind of scene someone is looking for in nightlife.

Europe’s nightlife is overall having more variety, more sophisticated in some ways, more of an introverted+extroverted mix depending on exact place, and trying to appear wealthier.

“Latin America” nightlife is more extroverted overall, more affordable, less pretentious, and easier to get to know.

I might use another term for the places you are saying for “Latin America,” and I wouldn’t really include Southern Florida over there. Also, what your views for Spain vs. Latin America? Spain is obviously European, but also having a Latin identity, and relatively familiar connections to some countries, and places in South America.

I experienced European nightlife scene in Romania, Bulgaria, France, UK. For “Latin American” nightlife, I experienced this in Mexico, and Costa Rica. I have wealth of exciting memories for my visits to those countries, including for nightlife and plenty of other activities in visiting. I would go to these countries again for more memories and more entertainment.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2013, 11:07 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 43,130,167 times
Reputation: 11862
One notable one I missed was Havana!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2013, 11:09 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 43,130,167 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
This depends exactly on the kind of scene someone is looking for in nightlife.

Europe’s nightlife is overall having more variety, more sophisticated in some ways, more of an introverted+extroverted mix depending on exact place, and trying to appear wealthier.

“Latin America” nightlife is more extroverted overall, more affordable, less pretentious, and easier to get to know.

I might use another term for the places you are saying for “Latin America,” and I wouldn’t really include Southern Florida over there. Also, what your views for Spain vs. Latin America? Spain is obviously European, but also having a Latin identity, and relatively familiar connections to some countries, and places in South America.

I experienced European nightlife scene in Romania, Bulgaria, France, UK. For “Latin American” nightlife, I experienced this in Mexico, and Costa Rica. I have wealth of exciting memories for my visits to those countries, including for nightlife and plenty of other activities in visiting. I would go to these countries again for more memories and more entertainment.
Many Americans would think Spain is very similar to LA, but I'm sure for those who have visited both there are obvious differences. Many LA cities have old Spanish architecture which make them superficially seem similar. For those who have been I wonder what the main cultural differences you noticed were?

How would you compare the nightlife scenes in the countries you've been to? Especially between the European countries?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2013, 02:17 AM
 
71 posts, read 120,555 times
Reputation: 37
ive only visited buenos aires and montevideo. ba was great but ive never seen anything like madrid with streets so packed with beautiful people and such incredible variety or ibiza for clubbing. and there is no way la nightlife is anything like spain. its so so much quiter there is no comparison.i
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2013, 04:05 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 43,130,167 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by rongens View Post
ive only visited buenos aires and montevideo. ba was great but ive never seen anything like madrid with streets so packed with beautiful people and such incredible variety or ibiza for clubbing. and there is no way la nightlife is anything like spain. its so so much quiter there is no comparison.i
LA so much quieter than Spain? That's a surprise lol. I always thought they could out-party the Spanish.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2013, 04:08 AM
 
Location: Czech Republic
2,385 posts, read 5,567,316 times
Reputation: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
LA so much quieter than Spain? That's a surprise lol. I always thought they could out-party the Spanish.
Spanish are the most party people in the world. Ibiza is the party capital of the world.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2013, 04:50 AM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 9,722,762 times
Reputation: 4069
Spainairds can't party like Brits! Come on now!

It's mostly us doing the partying in Ibiza!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2013, 07:13 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 43,130,167 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Spainairds can't party like Brits! Come on now!

It's mostly us doing the partying in Ibiza!
lol true.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top