Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 3 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,912,538 times

Advertisements

There is equal importance for introversion and extroversion in all of life and universal existence. Why is introversion negatively stigmatized more than extroversion sometimes? There is the possibility of easily finding a balance of introversion together with extroversion, and a practical characteristic in life.

I noticed not all versions of personality styles of introversion are the same, and this is especially accurate for personality and temperament styles in extroversion. However, some stereotypes is able to be said. This is necessary to categorize and notice the exact specific events for what is introverted and what is extroverted in people's actions, and in people's lives.

The top 10 most Introverted Countries based on National Temperament and Personality:

Austria
Switzerland
Germany
Denmark
Norway
Netherlands
Singapore
India
Taiwan
Canada

The top 10 most Extroverted Countries:

Dominican Republic
Mexico
Venezuela
Brazil
Spain
Portugal
Philippines
South Africa
Croatia
Costa Rica
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 04:41 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
The top 10 most Introverted Countries based on National Temperament and Personality:

Austria
Switzerland
Germany
Denmark
Norway
Netherlands
Singapore
India
Taiwan
Canada

The top 10 most Extroverted Countries:

Dominican Republic
Mexico
Venezuela
Brazil
Spain
Portugal
Philippines
South Africa
Croatia
Costa Rica
I don't see India as introvert, those people can keep talking.
You really see the Netherlands as more introvert than Iceland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Sweden, Finland, Korea and Japan

btw where is Italy on your most extroverted list?

Old 10-24-2013, 05:18 AM

41 posts, read 243,394 times
5/10 extroverts are former Spanish colonies! Interesting!

Old 10-24-2013, 06:55 AM

956 posts, read 1,766,726 times
Missing from the introvert list would be Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. The Indians , Singaporeans and Taiwanese are in between, not intros!

Old 10-24-2013, 09:54 AM

57 posts, read 181,545 times
I don't understand why people assume Italians are extroverted, that is a fat myth. I live here (North) and these people are extremely reserved. If they don't know you they won't make small talk! Now when I go very south of Italy there are more extroverted! So it depends where in Italy.
But introverted/extroverted are personality traits.
I lived in a few countries Europe so many year now and Northern Europe are more quieter and reserved nations.
America is very extroverted and loud, if you are not extroverted you will make the average American uncomfortable. I am talking in general. Also in my experience being introverted is not viewed as a negative thing here in Europe as in America.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
I don't see India as introvert, those people can keep talking.
You really see the Netherlands as more introvert than Iceland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Sweden, Finland, Korea and Japan

btw where is Italy on your most extroverted list?
Well, you agree with most of the countries on my most introverted and most extroverted list. Most Introverted countries based on national temperament, personality, and people scene: Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Singapore, Taiwan, Canada. Most Extroverted countries: Dominican Republic, Mexico, Venezuela, Brazil, Spain, Portugal, Philippines, South Africa, Croatia, Costa Rica.

There was just a few exceptions where you don’t agree: Netherlands, and India. Well, I met plenty of introverted Indians, and there is always something introverted about Indians based on some characteristics, even when acting extroverted.

There is a false stereotype about the level of extroversion in Italians, especially in the northern regions of Italy where people are more introverted compared to the south over there. The entire country of Italy is not in the top 10 for either main characteristic in this topic. If Southern regions of Italy was a separate country, then it would be in the top 10 for most extroverted.

What is your view of introversion and extroversion outside of listing countries? This topic is about those personality characteristics on an international global scale, not just a list, and my post was about much more than the list:

Quote:
There is equal importance for introversion and extroversion in all of life and universal existence. Why is introversion negatively stigmatized more than extroversion sometimes? There is the possibility of easily finding a balance of introversion together with extroversion, and a practical characteristic in life.

I noticed not all versions of personality styles of introversion are the same, and this is especially accurate for personality and temperament styles in extroversion. However, some stereotypes is able to be said. This is necessary to categorize and notice the exact specific events for what is introverted and what is extroverted in people's actions, and in people's lives.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierro View Post
5/10 extroverts are former Spanish colonies! Interesting!
Yeah, Spain and almost all “former Latin Spanish colonies” modern countries that have long term historical relations with Spain appear very extroverted for plenty of reasons. This includes Spain, Costa Rica, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Philippines, and some more countries.

I wonder what is the most introverted country with historical Spain relations? This might be Peru. I had a Peruvian American girlfriend when I was 15 to 16 years old, and almost every person I met with Peruvian ancestry are very introverted compared to any other “Hispanic” and Spanish Latin nationality, including this girlfriend with Peruvian ethnic heritage. Peruvians are more quiet, talk less, more serious, slower pace, and more mystical. However, I wouldn’t categorize Peru into the top 10 most introverted countries list. This is just in relative terms compared to other Spanish speaking countries.

Argentina, and Chile are more introverted compared to the most extroverted Spanish speaking countries. However, they have a pretty good balance of introversion and extroversion personality characteristics together, and are not in the top 10 most introverted or most extroverted.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by november4 View Post
I don't understand why people assume Italians are extroverted, that is a fat myth. I live here (North) and these people are extremely reserved. If they don't know you they won't make small talk! Now when I go very south of Italy there are more extroverted! So it depends where in Italy.
But introverted/extroverted are personality traits.
I lived in a few countries Europe so many year now and Northern Europe are more quieter and reserved nations.
America is very extroverted and loud, if you are not extroverted you will make the average American uncomfortable. I am talking in general. Also in my experience being introverted is not viewed as a negative thing here in Europe as in America.
I agree with you there is a false generalization stereotype about the level of extroversion in Italians, at least in the northern regions of Italy north of Rome. The people in Northern Italy seem more reserved, serious, quieter, talk less: especially to strangers/acquaintances, and don’t show the same exact personality characteristics compared to people in the southern regions of Italy. If someone is not Italian in nationality, or ethnic heritage, then there is a higher possibility of not being talked to as much from an Italian.

Yeah, introversion and extroversion are characteristics, personality traits, and shown in plenty of actions in everyday life.

There is benefits, and value in both introversion, and extroversion, and important to find a balance in those characteristics personality traits without too much extremes with too much introversion or too much extroversion.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:53 PM

360 posts, read 982,255 times
Quote:

Austria
Switzerland
Germany
Denmark
Norway
Netherlands
Singapore
India
Taiwan
Canada
How did you come up with the conclusion that Canada and Singapore are introverted societies?

Old 11-05-2013, 10:37 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,467,646 times
I think a lot of what people are saying here is based on stereotypes. There are introverted and extroverted people in every country. A lot of how a populace acts is down to society's expectations and people learn to act a certain way out in public from their parents, school etc. I bet if people met a lot of these so called "introverts" in a social setting they wouldn't find them that introverted at all. It is just a matter of conditioning and expectations on how to act correctly out in public.

Truly introverted people are much happier on their own and shun a lot of social interaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World