Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 07:21 PM

2,238 posts, read 3,324,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I think Isabel Preysler looked more European when she was younger

Very beautiful picture! And I couldn't agree more.

+1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 12:59 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,881,321 times
Yes this should be a good read

Old 01-27-2014, 12:33 AM

Arabs and Europeans were the ones who carved up Africa and other places around the globe without regards to ethnic boundaries, then they have issues with multiculturalism. #Irony

Old 01-27-2014, 10:21 AM

485 posts, read 2,246,581 times
I want to say that the least extroverted people are the Peruvians and Bolivians. They are just like southern Mexicans who are also introverted and very traditional people. Some of them don't even wanna get a picture taken of them because they still have the belief that it will steal their soul.

I think overall, Mexico is more extroverted, then Peru, Then Bolivians because Mexico has the most Spanish / European influence and admixture of the three. Then Peru, then Bolivia

Old 01-28-2014, 01:10 AM

Mexico and The Philippines: History - YouTube

Old 01-28-2014, 01:11 AM

Cultural History of the Philippines: Hispanic Philippines Than We Admit - YouTube

Old 02-01-2014, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhc1985 View Post
Where are you from? You usually claim the existence of many afro-argentines who are hidden due to some white pride or something but do you have any figures about the demography of Argentina?

Whites and mestizos are the predominant groups and make up over the 90% the population.

Jews, Arabs (mostly Syrio-Lebanese descents) and Armenian descents are always considered White and were never hidden. Inside the diverse mestizo group there are mixed-race people with African ancestry. According to some genetical studies, the amount of people with African markers is about 2-4%, which turned to be a surprisingly high number, but phenotypically only a small fraction has traits (usually mixed) and few see themselves as Afro-argentines.

Then the next racial group after the two aforementioned would be the amerindian, including native peoples and full descendants. There are many in the northwest of the country, but I guess its number has increased a lot lately due to Bolivian and Peruvian immigration, who settled mostly in Buenos Aires.

Finally we must count African and Asian descendants. There were a good number of Korean and Japanese people who migrated to Argentina many years ago, whereas many Chinese people are still coming. This diaspora in particular is becoming certainly numerous and very visible. Still, Asians and their descendants don't count very much statistically. Then, black people in Argentina. There are mulattoes and full black-argentines who come from many generations in the country, but very few. More commonly, black people in Argentina are mostly very recent immigrants from other Latin American countries and West Africa (especially Senegal).

A group that seems to be very rare in Argentina is people from the Indian Subcontinent, which is kind of strange considering all the diverse immigration.
Contrary to popular belief, Jew and Arab are NOT mutually exclusive:

Reflections By An Arab Jew - Ella Shohat

Old 02-01-2014, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I think Isabel Preysler looked more European when she was younger

I AM A FILIPINA: Isabel Preysler

Beatriz Arrastia Reynares ( Isabel Preysler's Mum)

GeneAll.net - Mara Beatriz Arrastia y Reynares

Julio Iglesias llegando a la boda de su hijo - Cultura - Ver imágenes INFORMATIVOS

Carlos Preysler y Perez de Tagle ( Isabel Preysler's Father )

GeneAll.net - Carlos Preysler y Prez de Tagle
Isabel Preysler was a dazzling beauty in her young yesteryears. I could just devour her lol.

Anyway, she looks like she is majority of European ancestry, and so do her parents. I don't know why people have a hard time accepting the racial mixture and beautiful diversity of the Philippines, and it's rich strong heritage and connections through and via Spain.

Old 02-01-2014, 03:03 AM

Philippines is very Spanish, Hispanic, Latino.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:46 PM

An interesting in depth analysis and must read:

Black in Latin America | Kontak
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World