Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 12:49 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 9 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,920,579 times

Advertisements

There is necessary incentives in having to revolutionize school education system in areas of countries. Real education matters in real life is a main theme. Science curriculum needs adjustment, especially in high school, including a higher amount of attention. Areas of the World need equal respect in Critical Thinking, and Rote Memorization learning methods, and not depending too much in one towards the other in real life application.

There is a massive discrepancy of extreme divide between college, and high school. I feel college is much easier overall long term, and I prefer college environment because there is another schedule, and trend in sociological attitude of mindset. I have complete control in any class I want official registration in about any topic. There is an available afternoon, evening late schedule, and I don't have to take non- stop morning classes. High school in retrospect, while enjoyable and rewarding, felt too comprehensive and overwhelming. I am extremely successful in all of college while I struggled after my 1st year of high school for 2 years. Why doesn’t high school allow less than 5+ classes, and a high variety of schedule possibilities? School Education requires an aura of academia, and not any corruption, or shallowness in the everyday process. Equal distribution of school investment is a rational imperative, and not cause too much discrepancy between various schools. People have to feel they are able to reach their full potential, and there is equal attention of priority in idealistic imaginative, and practical reference of learning, relevant ability of expertise in workforce, including valuable, rewarding thinking in learning.

There is a noticeable amount of countries ranking high in education school system: France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Taiwan, Singapore, China, USA, Canada, Australia, UK, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, UAE, Germany, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Cyprus, Poland, Ireland, Spain, Italy, and Belgium. However, even these countries need extra improvement, and appropriate revolution in a sane, rational logistical setup in school education system in a bright future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 09:25 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Why are we not taught about fighting, hunting, starting fires, the REAL history of the world and questioning

Why (and more importantly, how?) would they teach fighting, hunting and fire starting in public schools? Sounds stupid.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:27 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Schools are not "just" for average students, the need to make sure good students stand out too. So there's always something beyond necessity.
That being said, I do agree memorizing is less important nowadays. Education can be more individualized.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:31 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
"Critical thinking" (as I would call it) should definitely be part of the education curriculum.
The problem is, critical thinking is not well defined to begin with, and it largely depends on where your interest is.

For example, a computer scientist may wonder why a certain algorithm should be applied to a known problem and propose many alternatives; but he has absolutely no motivation to argue why cultural relativism is criticized by post-modern anthropologists. So such courses would be very hard to teach.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:37 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Why (and more importantly, how?) would they teach fighting, hunting and fire starting in public schools? Sounds stupid.
Those should be the basis of Human knowledge, if there's a massive apocalypse most people will suffer and die. Thousands of years ago most Human beings knew all those stuff but know we have ''advanced'' so much that we don't know how to survive in nature. Sad really, we've become so disconnected with the Earth we forget we live on a planet instead of Humanworld.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:02 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Those should be the basis of Human knowledge, if there's a massive apocalypse most people will suffer and die. Thousands of years ago most Human beings knew all those stuff but know we have ''advanced'' so much that we don't know how to survive in nature. Sad really, we've become so disconnected with the Earth we forget we live on a planet instead of Humanworld.

So join the boy scouts...The idea that fire starting is a necessary skill that needs to be taught in public schools is really stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World