Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 01:50 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,839,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Sorry Irene, I have to agree with this post. As a Black American male, while I have experienced some racism from whites, what Black American hasn't, I have actually received the most bigoted behavior from Hispanics. South Asians (Indians) are a close second.
Your experiences with hispanics in the US have mostly been with Mexican people in the bay area (they are after all the overwhelming majority of Spanish speaking people in California)

I don't think all Mexicans dislike black people but I am not that familiar with mexican culture and I don't know the cultural interaction mexicans have with USA blacks.

In my country (I am from Colombia as you know) about a third of the population is black/mulato so I don't think people will really antagonize you for being black

you live in the US and the US has a really sour history of racism and discrimination towards black people, in Colombia we don't, and while racism might exist from different colobians towards different colombians it's not the norm, we don't have a historical racism like segregation, jim crow laws that might influence people to discriminate you like it happens in the US.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:54 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
AHAHAHAHA omg this sh-t is hilarious.

So sick of those white English speakers labeling people by race!!

Old 05-18-2015, 01:54 AM

225 posts, read 216,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
a few selected ones who I consider worthy of getting to know me better.
We are not worthy oh Great One.

So who is worthy in your books then?

Last edited by Not the Maginot Line; 05-18-2015 at 02:07 AM..

Old 05-18-2015, 04:58 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Why are white english speaking people so obsessed with skin color and afraid of darker people?

Because they are brought up in a culture that looks down on people that are darker skinned or who are not of European ancestry. It makes things worse when the darker skinned person isn't ''Westernised'' as not being ''Westernised'' means you're lesser. I hear this ''Westernised'' crap all the time and it clearly has a racial element to it.

But its not just White English speaking people its everywhere on the planet that has been exposed to that kind of mentality from France to Colombia , to Poland to Indonesia.

Now can we please close the thread?

Old 05-18-2015, 05:00 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,260,330 times
Or perphaps P London its more that black people have an inferiority complex.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:06 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
if anglos were "scared" of darker people as you say, then they wouldnt purposely destroy their skin laying under heat lamps and of course, darker people would be running shht

Old 05-18-2015, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
if anglos were "scared" of darker people as you say, then they wouldnt purposely destroy their skin laying under heat lampsand of course, darker people would be running shht
That's tanning not wanting you're skin to look like a dark skinned Aboriginal Australian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Or perphaps P London its more that black people have an inferiority complex.
White People also have a superiority complex. Its blatantly obvious.

Old 05-18-2015, 06:22 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,889,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Why are white english speaking people so obsessed with skin color and afraid of darker people?

Because they are brought up in a culture that looks down on people that are darker skinned or who are not of European ancestry. It makes things worse when the darker skinned person isn't ''Westernised'' as not being ''Westernised'' means you're lesser. I hear this ''Westernised'' crap all the time and it clearly has a racial element to it.

But its not just White English speaking people its everywhere on the planet that has been exposed to that kind of mentality from France to Colombia , to Poland to Indonesia.

Now can we please close the thread?
Are you writing from a concentration camp in which evil White British racist put you?

Old 05-18-2015, 06:30 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,345 times
I find it funny when someone says "white people have a superiority complex" or that we think we're better than anyone else. No, we do not. I really think a lot of you who go on and on about race are seeing things that aren't really there.

If a black person yells at a white person because they spilled coffee on them? Are they racists? Just picking on the white waiter just because he's white?

If a white person yells at a black person because they spilled coffee on them? Are they racists? Are they yelling at the black waiter just because he's black?

Nope.

Race has nothing to do with 80% of interactions between people. People react and act our their personalities to others regardless of the other person's race.

Quit fishing for petty, extraneous issues that don't even exist.

Old 05-18-2015, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
Are you writing from a concentration camp in which evil White British racist put you?
I wasn't specifically talking about white people.

Wah Wah Black guy keeps talking about racism Wah Wah keep me in my European centric worldview Wah Wah.

Poor you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World