Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 11:39 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,620,060 times

Advertisements

^^^^^^
Thanks for your views. As a NY'er myself I can understand the need to be expressive in points of view. All the well. I leave it to others to wonder what taking a Putinian opposing position in the mother country leads to. Crisp debate or what other mode of operation occurs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 12:03 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,933,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Why not? Civil wars are often the most bloody ones. US, Russia, Spain, Greece, Finland... the list goes on.
So you are saying durring the American civil war the unionists (the north) burned down NYC, no they didn't because that would be pointless and stupid, instead they burned down Atlanta. You see you only destroy your enemy not your self. So tell me why do you think the separatists and the Russians are bombing Donetsk and Lugansk?

Old 02-21-2016, 12:19 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
So you are saying durring the American civil war the unionists (the north) burned down NYC, no they didn't because that would be pointless and stupid, instead they burned down Atlanta. You see you only destroy your enemy not your self. So tell me why do you think the separatists and the Russians are bombing Donetsk and Lugansk?
The dumbass separatists gets a lot of help from Russia, and there are many Russians fighting there, like war criminal Motorola (Arseny Pavlov). In Donetsk and Luhansk there's effectively a mob rule, and conditions are appalling, especially now in winter.

The CP-aratists are just opportunistic criminals and terrorists.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:07 PM

207 posts, read 498,157 times
Quote:
The dumbass separatists gets a lot of help from Russia, and there are many Russians fighting there, like war criminal Motorola (Arseny Pavlov). In Donetsk and Luhansk there's effectively a mob rule, and conditions are appalling, especially now in winter.

Another point goes to Ariete!

Old 02-21-2016, 05:59 PM

684 posts, read 714,160 times
Quote:

When a person leaves Ukraine, comes to US. Becomes US citizen but not Ukraine's citizen, would such a person understand the desire of others to not be a part of Ukraine?

People are acting like it's outrageous for some-one to not want to be a part of Ukraine. I mean how is it possible for people living in Crimea to want to not be a part of Ukraine? What about other regions?

Old 02-21-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:

If they were terrorists they would've been attacking Kiev and other major Ukrainian cities, but they don't. That being said they are not perfect either and probably are ruthless to any pro Ukrainian they might come upon, but that still doesn't excuse the Ukrainian government, even the human rights watch says that Ukraine has used cluster bombs in heavily populated areas such as Donetsk as well as using unguided missiles and poorly trained soldiers who do a bad job at aiming them. I don't know why westerns excuse Ukraine and think they are poor little angels, they have one of the most corrupt governments in the world, and the revolution has done nothing to fix it. The only thing it did is make the country Russophobic and blame all of their problems on Russia, and unable to take responsibility, a similar problem I have noticed with Russia where they blame all their problems on the west.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5thOfNovemner View Post
When a person leaves Ukraine, comes to US. Becomes US citizen but not Ukraine's citizen, would such a person understand the desire of others to not be a part of Ukraine?

People are acting like it's outrageous for some-one to not want to be a part of Ukraine. I mean how is it possible for people living in Crimea to want to not be a part of Ukraine? What about other regions?
Exactly people are sick and tired of living in a country that is utterly corrupt even worse than Russia if you can imagine that, and where there is a revolution every decade. Russia might not be paradise but at least it's stable and has some kind of economy, the fact that Russia has'nt fallen into a Great Depression yet is a testament to it. The only difference between expats and separatists is that they haven't given up on their homeland and dream that it can get better with out having to move to a foreign country with a foreign culture.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:49 PM

684 posts, read 714,160 times
Quote:
Exactly people are sick and tired of living in a country that is utterly corrupt even worse than Russia if you can imagine that, and where there is a revolution every decade. Russia might not be paradise but at least it's stable and has some kind of economy, the fact that Russia has'nt fallen into a Great Depression yet is a testament to it. The only difference between expats and separatists is that they haven't given up on their homeland and dream that it can get better with out having to move to a foreign country with a foreign culture.
Expat

I was in Moscow a few years ago, When Ukraine was only starting out. I went there to celebrate may 9th. I first heard that word used there. Expat.

Yah, separatists are defending their lands.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:36 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The5thOfNovemner View Post

It's not their choice to make what country their area belongs to. If they want to be a part of Russia, then pack your bags and go. If I don't want to be a part of Finland, I have absolutely no right to decide that my province suddenly want to be a part of Portugal.

Quote:
If they were terrorists they would've been attacking Kiev and other major Ukrainian cities, but they don't. That being said they are not perfect either and probably are ruthless to any pro Ukrainian they might come upon, but that still doesn't excuse the Ukrainian government, even the human rights watch says that Ukraine has used cluster bombs in heavily populated areas such as Donetsk as well as using unguided missiles and poorly trained soldiers who do a bad job at aiming them. I don't know why westerns excuse Ukraine and think they are poor little angels, they have one of the most corrupt governments in the world, and the revolution has done nothing to fix it. The only thing it did is make the country Russophobic and blame all of their problems on Russia, and unable to take responsibility, a similar problem I have noticed with Russia where they blame all their problems on the west.
If they could, they probably would. But you can be terrorist in many ways, you don't have to do suicide attacks. But if you don't like the word terrorist, I can use some other definition, like suka, khui or imbecile retards
The Russian-backed separatists have used cluster munitions en masse too, and if you mean rockets by 'unguided missiles', the separatists have used a lot of Russian-supplied BM-21 Grad rocket launchers.

I don't think Ukraine is an angel, but it certainly have the law on its side. Russia is to blame about the War in Donbass and the unlawful seizure of Crimea. And as we've seen in all other countries - Russophobia is created by Russia. If you act as an idiot don't be surprised if people don't like you.

Quote:
Yet is the magic word. The Russian coffers are empty, exports dwindling due to falling oil prices and the international sanctions. Putler needs a war if he wants to stay in power, because soon the country starts to ache. The things you say about the separatists are why there have been revolutions in Ukraine. The people wants to make the country better. Waging a guerrilla war is not to make it better, as it has destroyed much of the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:05 AM

None of this would've happened if they waited till the elections, yanukovych only had one more year in his term, they could easily have made a campaign to support a pro western presidential candidate and then have him elected in. That way he would be the undisputed president and Crimea and donbass would never seceded. Many people in US have been unhappy with many of our presidents but you never would see people trying to burn down the White House and try to kill the president, because let's be honest if that mob had made it past the police they would've killed him. Physical revolutions never go as planed and often times only make things worse, what you need are political revolutions where people elect the right people into office, not a rich crony chocolate king.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World