Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2016, 08:15 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
fine, the top half is factually incorrect
"Incorrect?" Let's see...
There are two theories out there, two beliefs; one - is that people are not born all the same, some are gifted/talented in different areas of art/science, some are not. And if people are all different, then the nations that bring them forth ( or not) can't be all similar as well.
Then there is a second theory that humans are basically born all the same, and it's only a matter of "surroundings," "upbringing" and "education" that makes the difference.
This theory was the most popular among the early Soviets circa 20ies and then once again among the liberal-minded Americans of the 60ies.
While the first theory has plenty of practical proofs, the second one practically none, other than wishful thinking of die-hard Communists and politically-correct Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 08:19 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
"Incorrect?" Let's see...
There are two theories out there, two beliefs; one - is that people are not born all the same, some are gifted/talented in different areas of art/science, some are not. And if people are all different, then the nations that bring them forth ( or not) can't be all similar as well.
Then there is a second theory that humans are basically born all the same, and it's only a matter of "surroundings," "upbringing" and "education" that makes the difference.
This theory was the most popular among the early Soviets circa 20ies and then once again among the liberal-minded Americans of the 60ies.
While the first theory has plenty of practical proofs, the second one practically none, other than wishful thinking of die-hard Communists and politically-correct Americans.
You misunderstand, I simply mean that people may have different physical or mental talents but their personalities and emotions are the same no matter their up bringing. This has a greater effect on the identity of a country than individual 'talent' making it so that countries and nations are practically the same.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:10 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
You misunderstand, I simply mean that people may have different physical or mental talents but their personalities and emotions are the same no matter their up bringing.
Who told you they are "all the same?"
They vary a great deal even within a European group of people - from self-restraint and individualism of Britons to impulsiveness and "communal mode of survival" in Russians, with anything in-between among other European nations. So when it comes to the rest of groups, the differences are even bigger - in terms of family arrangements, the way women are treated in different cultures and so on. If people were all the same in terms of their "emotions" and "personalities," everyone would be living in the same type of houses, on the same type of streets.

Quote:
This has a greater effect on the identity of a country than individual 'talent' making it so that countries and nations are practically the same.
Since your presumption is wrong to begin with, there is no "greater effect" - countries and nations are different for the same reason, as people are born with different talents and abilities.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:15 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
I was shocked at the condition of the pool. Green with algae. Real class in Rio. Rotting corpses floating in the bay? Disgusting. Never want to go to that cesspool.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Who told you they are "all the same?"
They vary a great deal even within a European group of people - from self-restraint and individualism of Britons to impulsiveness and "communal mode of survival" in Russians, with anything in-between among other European nations. So when it comes to the rest of groups, the differences are even bigger - in terms of family arrangements, the way women are treated in different cultures and so on. If people were all the same in terms of their "emotions" and "personalities," everyone would be living in the same type of houses, on the same type of streets.

Since your presumption is wrong to begin with, there is no "greater effect" - countries and nations are different for the same reason, as people are born with different talents and abilities.
People may act different but that is only a translation of their feelings. If a man in Saudi Arabia abuses women his mental reasoning and basic understanding are the same as a stoic Brit, their actions are different, not mental justification. Growing up in chilly Russia may make one act different but their reasoning and base personality are the same

Old 08-15-2016, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
I don' want to burst your bubble (head), but you are most definitely ridiculous.
I only seem ridiculous to you right now because my stated position on the subject of the human consensus is new and unheard of to you(and many others). People tend to assume irrational things when confronted with the unknown

Old 08-15-2016, 09:36 PM

1,529 posts, read 916,464 times
Quote:
You misunderstand, I simply mean that people may have different physical or mental talents but their personalities and emotions are the same no matter their up bringing. This has a greater effect on the identity of a country than individual 'talent' making it so that countries and nations are practically the same.
There is a rumor that you will debate yourself. My guess is that one of you will lose and the other one will win. There is also the possibility that the other one will lose and you will win. Now then, what are the chances that both of you will win or lose.

I think I am confusing myself. As the superior mind around here could you please help and un-confuse me.

Thanks.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:46 PM

1,529 posts, read 916,464 times
Quote:
People may act different but that is only a translation of their feelings. If a man in Saudi Arabia abuses women his mental reasoning and basic understanding are the same as a stoic Brit, their actions are different, not mental justification. Growing up in chilly Russia may make one act different but their reasoning and base personality are the same
Wow!!! You figured all this out by yourself. Wow and wow again.

Not all of Russia is chilly. Would growing up in warm Russia change matters?

Old 08-15-2016, 09:50 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times
Quote:
I only seem ridiculous to you right now because my stated position on the subject of the human consensus is new and unheard of to you(and many others). People tend to assume irrational things when confronted with the unknown

So then subjectivity is not a reality according to you.

Consensus reality is nothing new and merely describes what groups of humans have agreed upon to be real and even then it somewhat varies from one group to another and even individuals due to subjectivity(due to feelings, personal opinions and unique experiences)

Old 08-15-2016, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
So then subjectivity is not a reality according to you.

Consensus reality is nothing new and merely describes what groups of humans have agreed upon to be real and even then it somewhat varies from one group to another and even individuals due to subjectivity(due to feelings, personal opinions and unique experiences)
forgive my wording, I simply the collective mind of people in the sense that They all believe the same thing which is my conclusion as a whole. I didn't mean to describe the human consensus as my subject material in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World