Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 04:04 AM

278 posts, read 230,779 times

Advertisements

In the year 2016 Spain had 75,6 million tourists and in the first months of 2017 is increasing by 12%.It is very possible that this year your tourism well rise arrived to 83 million.-

It is curious that however is a very secundary destination for the American Tourists.

For what reasons does i happens this anomaly -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 04:41 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,727,746 times
A large percentage of that number are fueled by things that are met by domestic US destinations. Scandinavians, Germans, Brits and French, many just want to go to the costas to get some sun. In the US Florida, California and the nearby Caribbean fulfil this remit.

Old 06-02-2017, 05:16 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,051,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salomon View Post
In the year 2016 Spain had 75,6 million tourists and in the first months of 2017 is increasing by 12%.It is very possible that this year your tourism well rise arrived to 83 million.-

It is curious that however is a very secundary destination for the American Tourists.

Spain's proximity to so many different countries pushes the international tourism numbers way up, as it does in other European countries as well. When a Brit flies to Spain, that is international tourism. When a New Yorker visits Florida it is not. However, Florida receives 113 million tourists per year by itself when domestic tourism is accounted for. New York City by itself receives 58 million tourists. Comparing international tourism within the EU to international tourism in the Americas is silly.

In answer to your question, most Americans who travel internationally only visit Europe a once to a few times over the course of their lives. France and Italy are far more romanticized in the US than Spain while the UK shares a common language. Spain needs to do a better job of promoting itself in the US if it wants to attract more American visitors. I encourage my friends to go, but I'm not a promotion agency.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:15 AM

37,153 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Why do so many Europeans prefer Spanish beaches to other southern European beaches?

Old 06-02-2017, 08:48 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Why do so many Europeans prefer Spanish beaches to other southern European beaches?
Spain is a giant UV station, the best sun of Europe PLUS an easy access and developped infrastructures and cheap very good food. It's the paradise for germans and british that want to migrate under the sun.
The only other place that could compete very strongly on this was Turkey, but now they struggle like crazy and that will continue for a long long time.
French riviera is very developped too but way more expensive for a lot of people...and smaller

Old 06-02-2017, 08:52 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salomon View Post

Salomon, you should update the title a little. Like :

"Could Spain be the world's leading tourist destination in 2017? Why is it a secondary destination in Europe for American people? "

It's basic basic english, but a little bit more easy to read

Old 06-02-2017, 11:38 AM

1,110 posts, read 983,740 times
only 75 million? The city of Shanghai alone has 260 million tourist in 2016

Old 06-02-2017, 12:01 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,051,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
only 75 million? The city of Shanghai alone has 260 million tourist in 2016
Can you cite the source of this information?

Old 06-02-2017, 12:25 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,382,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Costa del Sol is my favorite and i was born in the french riviera...It is just a magical place...the food, the beaches, the people...

Old 06-02-2017, 01:17 PM

278 posts, read 230,779 times
Pokitobounto.-

Thank you very much .for your corrections .I am a beginner in English language study,

Gen 2010.-

This year many chinese tourists have begun to arrive.
We are worried that chinese masses that will arrive in the next few years because these people flood us and they are of a very different education,.-

Raybay 91.-

I visited years ago Florida = Sun,Golf,beaches,Disney,and life of night .-

Spain is Florida + Great Gastronomy+4000 Castles+
Thousands of Palaces and Cathedrals+famous Festivals+Extraordinary Museums +Dozens cities World Heritage,According to UNESCO+Cosmopolitan People+More elegant shopping +Deserts ,Sky Stations ,beaches,mountains and near by visitable in a only one Day.-,+and climate radically different ,in few hours of trip and change of the constructions in less of 100 Km+And legendary itineraries as of Camino of Santiago with hundreds of Thousands on travelers on foot from all over Europe.-

These things can no be seen in the tourism of inside of USA.-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World