Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 02:30 AM

3,326 posts, read 2,620,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Are you kidding? A country full of immigrants, that also is full of tourists from all over the world.
Those cities will certainly be potential targets. Spain is one of the higher risk countries in Europe.
Spain is the country with the least terorrism risk from the western European countries...

1st the Spanish police is the most prepared from Europe against terrorism. Seems that ETA threat for many years introduced an extended obligatory anti terrorism training for all of the police.

Spain has 3 types of police, one of them half military, i.e. Guardia Civil. There are countries in Europe where the police patrols the streets without guns. Guardias usually have automatic rifles in the trunk of their cars or 4x4 when patrolling. They're doing many roadblocks day by day with spikes, helmets and automatic guns. Call me crazy but Spain is the 9th country in the world with the smallest homicide rate. It's maybe linked to this... isn't it, don't you think? It's also amongst the safest countries in the world. Maybe the point is here...

Not sure if those news arrived outside of Spain but actually many potential terrorists linked to terror groups or people posting online related to terrorism were detained and now they're in prisons.

Yes, I reaffirm that from Western Europe, Sevilla, Málaga or Valencia are the major cities with the least risk.

I'm saying western Europe. At the moment France, Germany, UK and Belgium suffered attacks. Italy is much more prone than Spain as they have nearby Bosnia, a country known for having some terror cells and easy access to automatic rifles.

I'm NOT saying from all of Europe. Actually eastern Europe has less risk of course.

Call me crazy or biased about Spain but it's a simple fact...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 06:12 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
Spain is the country with the least terorrism risk from the western European countries...

1st the Spanish police is the most prepared from Europe against terrorism. Seems that ETA threat for many years introduced an extended obligatory anti terrorism training for all of the police.

Spain has 3 types of police, one of them half military, i.e. Guardia Civil. There are countries in Europe where the police patrols the streets without guns. Guardias usually have automatic rifles in the trunk of their cars or 4x4 when patrolling. They're doing many roadblocks day by day with spikes, helmets and automatic guns. Call me crazy but Spain is the 9th country in the world with the smallest homicide rate. It's maybe linked to this... isn't it, don't you think? It's also amongst the safest countries in the world. Maybe the point is here...

Not sure if those news arrived outside of Spain but actually many potential terrorists linked to terror groups or people posting online related to terrorism were detained and now they're in prisons.

Yes, I reaffirm that from Western Europe, Sevilla, Málaga or Valencia are the major cities with the least risk.

I'm saying western Europe. At the moment France, Germany, UK and Belgium suffered attacks. Italy is much more prone than Spain as they have nearby Bosnia, a country known for having some terror cells and easy access to automatic rifles.

I'm NOT saying from all of Europe. Actually eastern Europe has less risk of course.

Call me crazy or biased about Spain but it's a simple fact...
No.
It's not the most prepared at all against Islamic terrorism.
It's nations that were touched before. Aka France, Uk and Germany. If you think Spain is totally fine then you just don't learn from history... Specially Madrid showed that Spain isn't impossible to target at all.

Germany thought terrorism would never happen thanks to their way to integrate refugees.
UK thought terrorism would never strike thanks to their way of accepting different communities.
Both of them were attacked.

ISIS dreams about killing as much people as possible on Spanish beaches :
https://www.google.fr/amp/www.dailym...-hotspots.html

It's just a reality, and fortunately the Spanish police is much more pragmatic and realistic than you. But Spain is like Belgium, it has more a profile of place where you can prepare your attacks in France, target number 1 in Europe. fortunately in France too they are doing a good work.

Last but not least,. Islamists are discrete, a lot of them also in prison in France, but It's not finished either. In Spain too.
You need few minutes to move from safe to under attack...

For me Portugal is much more safe when it comes to Islamic terrorism.

Old 07-16-2017, 08:17 AM

3,326 posts, read 2,620,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
No.
It's not the most prepared at all against Islamic terrorism.
It's nations that were touched before. Aka France, Uk and Germany. If you think Spain is totally fine then you just don't learn from history... Specially Madrid showed that Spain isn't impossible to target at all.

Germany thought terrorism would never happen thanks to their way to integrate refugees.
UK thought terrorism would never strike thanks to their way of accepting different communities.
Both of them were attacked.

ISIS dreams about killing as much people as possible on Spanish beaches :
https://www.google.fr/amp/www.dailym...-hotspots.html

It's just a reality, and fortunately the Spanish police is much more pragmatic and realistic than you. But Spain is like Belgium, it has more a profile of place where you can prepare your attacks in France, target number 1 in Europe. fortunately in France too they are doing a good work.

Last but not least,. Islamists are discrete, a lot of them also in prison in France, but It's not finished either. In Spain too.
You need few minutes to move from safe to under attack...

For me Portugal is much more safe when it comes to Islamic terrorism.
"the Spanish police is much more pragmatic and realistic than you." how exactly, where is the source for this??

leave it or take it, but can't change it. Spain is the most prepared country from Europe against terrorism. Yes, that event of 2004 made a lot towards national protection.

lol, barely Russia has police that tough as it's the Guardia Civil against those kinds of things. But you're free to think whatever you want.

I suppose that you're joking when comparing Spain to Belgium in terms of national security. Spain is much bigger and has muuuch more police and army. Spain's borders are always watched with heavy police with automatic rifles, 2 weeks after the last terrorist attacks in Brussels, the land border between Netherlands and Belgium was already without any kind of surveillance, anyone could enter Belgium. lol

It hasn't been a single time in those last 2 years when I went out from Spain by car and I didn't see police patrolling at the Spanish border with Perthus. I've been told the same about the border with Hendaye. On the French side, I've seen the Gendarmerie barely few times. Besides, in the Spanish side, there were always lots of patrols of Policia Nacional. They don't stop anyone, they just stop who see as a suspect. The speed at the border while crossing is 20km/h and you also have to stop to get the ticket from the toll. They stop on the right side anyone they see suspect, many times even buses/tours or trucks.

And i'm not sure at all where I said Spain or Madrid. I said Málaga, Sevilla and Valencia being the least prone western European cities against terrorism.
Not about the entirety of Spain, lol. I said that Spain is the country with the least risk from Western Europe because it is, can't deny that lol. UK, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Italy, etc all are in a bigger risk than Spain. Am I wrong? So where I exactly said something wrong?? I didn't say it's impossible but a smaller possibility than most of Western Europe lol. It's true, isn't it ???

Last edited by ase42dv; 07-16-2017 at 08:27 AM..

Old 07-16-2017, 09:18 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,896 times
Quote:
"the Spanish police is much more pragmatic and realistic than you." how exactly, where is the source for this??

leave it or take it, but can't change it. Spain is the most prepared country from Europe against terrorism. Yes, that event of 2004 made a lot towards national protection.

lol, barely Russia has police that tough as it's the Guardia Civil against those kinds of things. But you're free to think whatever you want.

I suppose that you're joking when comparing Spain to Belgium in terms of national security. Spain is much bigger and has muuuch more police and army. Spain's borders are always watched with heavy police with automatic rifles, 2 weeks after the last terrorist attacks in Brussels, the land border between Netherlands and Belgium was already without any kind of surveillance, anyone could enter Belgium. lol

It hasn't been a single time in those last 2 years when I went out from Spain by car and I didn't see police patrolling at the Spanish border with Perthus. I've been told the same about the border with Hendaye. On the French side, I've seen the Gendarmerie barely few times. Besides, in the Spanish side, there were always lots of patrols of Policia Nacional. They don't stop anyone, they just stop who see as a suspect. The speed at the border while crossing is 20km/h and you also have to stop to get the ticket from the toll. They stop on the right side anyone they see suspect, many times even buses/tours or trucks.

And i'm not sure at all where I said Spain or Madrid. I said Málaga, Sevilla and Valencia being the least prone western European cities against terrorism.
Not about the entirety of Spain, lol. I said that Spain is the country with the least risk from Western Europe because it is, can't deny that lol. UK, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Italy, etc all are in a bigger risk than Spain. Am I wrong? So where I exactly said something wrong?? I didn't say it's impossible but a smaller possibility than most of Western Europe lol. It's true, isn't it ???
Quote:
Because the spanish police is perfectly aware that Spain is a very strong target. Even in Malaga or Valencia.

The most prepared against terrorism ? No. Less interesting than Paris or London or even Berlin ? Yes.

How can you say that Spain is more prepared than France against terrorism for example ? It's not like if for Bastille Day there were 85 000 policemen in streets... 11 000 in Paris. Snipers everywhere.
I went to the coldplay concert yesterday night to the Stade de France, 3 checks of the backpack, probably 500 policemen protecting the area.

Ofc if you leave the capital the pressure reduces...Paris is a magnet for terrorists because it's just the heart of France, everything they hate. You can go in La Rochelle, nothing will ever happen. Even Lyon is very safe.

So no, when you receive 80M tourists, full of british, germans, french or italians, a catholic country WITH islamists too (even 1 with a car is enough), you are a premium target. Same level than Italy, no reasons that it wouldn't be the case.

Old 07-16-2017, 11:47 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Auckland and Wellington
Both have had terrorist bombing resulting in death.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:31 PM

210 posts, read 200,330 times
I think Lisbon is as unlikely to be stroke by a terrorist attack as can be.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:49 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebaruna View Post
I think Lisbon is as unlikely to be stroke by a terrorist attack as can be.
Probably because noone (not even the terrorists) give a crap about Lisbon

Old 07-16-2017, 12:53 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Some of the more developed East European cities would qualify. Doubt we will see any terrorist attacks in Warsaw , Krakow, Bratislava, Prague, Ljublana, Plovdiv, Sofia, etc

Old 07-16-2017, 01:11 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleMerchant View Post
What is a developed city, anyone?
One with a traffic signal.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:14 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Probably because noone (not even the terrorists) give a crap about Lisbon
What it that supposed to mean? I'm actually considering living there among other places at some point 4-6 months out of the year. He's right Lisbon is a low risk city for terrorism for many different reason's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World