Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 03:09 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,376,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
It's clear that the US entertainment industry thinks black women are un-attractve. Lt is very rare for a non-white couple to be cast as a woman darker than her man. Try to think of one.
If the entertainment industry casts Black to ingratiate themselves with the black audience, maybe the colorism in casting female actors is tied to that audience rather than the tastes of Americans as a whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2020, 03:15 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,376,919 times
Quote:
It's clear that the US entertainment industry thinks black women are un-attractve. Lt is very rare for a non-white couple to be cast as a woman darker than her man. Try to think of one.
I am not duputing the disparity in how women of differrent races are held in higher or lower esteem in the industry, but if the entertainment industry casts Black actors to ingratiate themselves with the black audience, maybe the colorism in casting female actors is tied to that part of the audience rather than the tastes of Americans as a whole.

Old 09-13-2020, 03:47 PM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
1. American women are fat.
2. American women never walk anywhere, have forgotten how to walk with grace and dignity. They trudge wearily.
3. They have pasty complexion, from living in a dreary climate always indoors.
4. Their junk food diet contributes to 1 and 3.
5. Americans dress like slobs. Asians dress up to travel or go shopping.
6. They're mean and angry, and they look it. You see one coming down the street, you want to cross over to the other side. And you better, she'll feel threatened if you don't.
IDK where you live, but none of that is true of the American young women I know. You sound like you're from a different planet.

Old 09-13-2020, 06:50 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,415,626 times
Quote:
I just watched the recent Sonic the hedge hog movie. Tika Sumpter is beautiful.

Old 09-13-2020, 06:52 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,415,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
IDK where you live, but none of that is true of the American young women I know. You sound like you're from a different planet.
I agree. People need to cut it out with those stereotypes.

Old 09-13-2020, 08:03 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,082,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post

Also America is very large and broad with all the different regions and states. I tend to find the ones in the South to be the most attractive, followed by the Midwest .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8yph3rb27o

Old 03-30-2021, 12:11 PM

6,568 posts, read 12,067,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I just watched the recent Sonic the hedge hog movie. Tika Sumpter is beautiful.
She also plays Michelle Obama in the movie "Southside With You".

Lately I've been finding bi-racial/mixed race to be a thing of beauty like Zendaya, Tessa Thompson, Doja Cat, and Saweetie.

Old 03-30-2021, 03:20 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,028,291 times
Quite on topic: The other day I posted something about my plans to move to Japan on Reddit and out of 50+ sentences not a single one was even remotely hinting that I'm planning to "get a Japanese girl", yet someone had seen my post and re-posted it in one of those "troll subreddits" where they randomly gossip about funny posts. So the top comment there was how I must be having a yellow fever, which is a slang term for someone who obsesses with Asians sexually.

So given how fanatic these people are to guard Japanese women makes me wonder if I'm missing something ? I mean if you knock on someone's door and they answer with "go away I'm not hiding 400 kilos of gold!" - you know chances are they're hiding 400 kilos of gold...

Old 03-30-2021, 03:53 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,503,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Quite on topic: The other day I posted something about my plans to move to Japan on Reddit and out of 50+ sentences not a single one was even remotely hinting that I'm planning to "get a Japanese girl", yet someone had seen my post and re-posted it in one of those "troll subreddits" where they randomly gossip about funny posts. So the top comment there was how I must be having a yellow fever, which is a slang term for someone who obsesses with Asians sexually.

So given how fanatic these people are to guard Japanese women makes me wonder if I'm missing something ? I mean if you knock on someone's door and they answer with "go away I'm not hiding 400 kilos of gold!" - you know chances are they're hiding 400 kilos of gold...
As silly as it might sound, I somewhat understand where that stereotype comes from. In a lot of western countries, people have been learning Japanese because of video games and manga/anime, which somehow ties in with the fetization of Japanese women.

Old 04-02-2021, 12:24 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,610,361 times
A great majority have never seen women on the street in any country but their own. The've only seen a few hotties in films, most of those of mixed parentage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World