Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 11:54 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,981,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Oh look another CA... er NY hate thread...

Its not any more than any other large city across America. I'm there frequently and I would disagree.

Don't like it.. leave.. and stay away... it is that simple.

When someone hates on any other Southern city the response is the same.... don't like it.. leave.. stay away.
NYC hate thread. No one really hates on Upstate. Even Upstate hates on Downstate too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 04:33 AM

570 posts, read 510,661 times
NYC again! What a surprise

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www....-children.html

Old 06-02-2020, 10:54 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,385,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuariodeldia View Post
Is it NYC or is it global?

Considering the two examples you cited concern offenders who are not even from the United States, much less New York, I suspect the answer trends towards 'global'.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:31 PM

6,469 posts, read 8,199,299 times
Aaron Schlossberg. That sounds like a Jewish name. Is this guy clueless about his own people's history?

Old 06-02-2020, 02:21 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,074,648 times
Quote:

The viral video about that lady making false accusations to the police towards an African American made me ask open this thread. For people who’s not aware of Amy Cooper’s horrible behaviour. I will copy the link about the news
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/us/ce...rnd/index.html

...... < snip >

What I want to know is what is wrong with people who don't recognize blatant mental illness when they see it? When observers refuse to recognize a mental illness melt down that is literally slapping them in the face does that mean the observers are being entitled bigots their selves?

I think the above incident is a very, very poor example to use as a demonstration of entitled bigotry. Anyone with half a clue in their head viewing that video should be able to immediately recognize that woman's behaviour is a melt down indicative of somebody who is mentally ill and apparently is off her meds and in extreme emotional crisis.

That isn't entitled bigotry you're seeing there in that video, it's extreme paranoia and escalating hysteria that's more likely to be expressed by somebody with paranoid schizophrenia or some other extreme form of mental disorder when they're off their anti-psychosis meds and have lost control of their self. People who are that sick and obsessive with their delusional fears can't be held responsible for the crazy false accusations they say when they're having a major debilitating anxiety attack and melt down like that. She was being genuinely delusional and crazy, not bigoted. She shouldn't even own an emotional support dog considering the way she was physically abusing and choking the dog during her attack of anxiety and paranoia. She's so irresponsible she doesn't even know how to obey the park's dog leashing rules or how to treat the dog correctly.

Obviously the bird-watcher was intelligent enough he immediately recognized she was mentally ill and he took steps to protect himself by recording her behaviour as evidence of her state of mind.

Why are there not more people recognizing it?

Old 06-02-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
What I want to know is what is wrong with people who don't recognize blatant mental illness when they see it? When observers refuse to recognize a mental illness melt down that is literally slapping them in the face does that mean the observers are being entitled bigots their selves?

I think the above incident is a very, very poor example to use as a demonstration of entitled bigotry. Anyone with half a clue in their head viewing that video should be able to immediately recognize that woman's behaviour is a melt down indicative of somebody who is mentally ill and apparently is off her meds and in extreme emotional crisis.

That isn't entitled bigotry you're seeing there in that video, it's extreme paranoia and escalating hysteria that's more likely to be expressed by somebody with paranoid schizophrenia or some other extreme form of mental disorder when they're off their anti-psychosis meds and have lost control of their self. People who are that sick and obsessive with their delusional fears can't be held responsible for the crazy false accusations they say when they're having a major debilitating anxiety attack and melt down like that. She was being genuinely delusional and crazy, not bigoted. She shouldn't even own an emotional support dog considering the way she was physically abusing and choking the dog during her attack of anxiety and paranoia. She's so irresponsible she doesn't even know how to obey the park's dog leashing rules or how to treat the dog correctly.

Obviously the bird-watcher was intelligent enough he immediately recognized she was mentally ill and he took steps to protect himself by recording her behaviour as evidence of her state of mind.

Why are there not more people recognizing it?

She was clearly a bigot. She used many times “an African American”. She used that racist profile to escalate that situation with the police. Granted, she is from Toronto but she had a good salary in NYC $178k/year.

Old 06-05-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
She was clearly a bigot. She used many times “an African American”. She used that racist profile to escalate that situation with the police. Granted, she is from Toronto but she had a good salary in NYC $178k/year.

I was not aware that using the term African American has now become racist profiling. When did that happen? What are the correct terminologies to use now to describe people's appearances in the 21st century?

People need to make up their minds about what is appropriate terminology to use and stick with it instead of changing their minds every few decades. Personally I prefer the original descriptive term negro since negro is the most appropriate, factual, literal, scientific, HONEST term of all. Will I be called an entitled bigot now if I call a negro a negro?

If I get into a delusional panic and think I'm being threatened by somebody of any race and colour and I call the police to tell them, how should I describe the person I think is threatening me when the police ask me for a description of the threatener?

The woman's place of origin, her job and salary is irrelevant. You are profiling her when you mention it. It has absolutely nothing to do with the incident in the park or her mental illness.

So why are you profiling her?

Old 06-05-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I was not aware that using the term African American has now become racist profiling. When did that happen? What are the correct terminologies to use now to describe people's appearances in the 21st century?

People need to make up their minds about what is appropriate terminology to use and stick with it instead of changing their minds every few decades. Personally I prefer the original descriptive term negro since negro is the most appropriate, factual, literal, scientific, HONEST term of all. Will I be called an entitled bigot now if I call a negro a negro?

If I get into a delusional panic and think I'm being threatened by somebody of any race and colour and I call the police to tell them, how should I describe the person I think is threatening me when the police ask me for a description of the threatener?

The woman's place of origin, her job and salary is irrelevant. You are profiling her when you mention it. It has absolutely nothing to do with the incident in the park or her mental illness.

So why are you profiling her?

You sound like a bigot too. Au revoir!

Old 06-05-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
You sound like a bigot too. Au revoir!

Takes one to know one. Bye bye to you too.

Old 06-06-2020, 08:09 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,420,498 times
Quote:
Yes the fact she was Canadian is the only reason the person is defending here. Zoisites comment is actually pretty disgusting.

The man in the video was not doing anything wrong and she clearly did that to threaten him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World