Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 04:33 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Europeans are always very quick at calling America racist when they are 10 times worse. Talk about lack of self-awareness.

And it's funny that OP talks about "civilised world" taking the US "back", as if the so-called "civilised world" could afford cutting their ties to the US. Trump tried to withdraw some American troops from Germany and those hypocritical German ****s totally freaked out. Give me a ****ing break lmao. The so-called "civilised world" certainly has no problem enjoying US military protection. They can't even handle economic non-entities like Russia and Turkey on their own, lol.
This post is nonsense

Old 01-29-2021, 05:53 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
I’m sure you’ve all heard by now that the United States has a real president now. He is doing his best to work us back into your good graces, and we are relieved about that. The question is: will you have us back? Will you forgive us our trespasses?
I am truly hoping you’ll welcome us back into your friendly embrace, like a long-suffering, tolerant boyfriend who was unjustly dumped for a rich bully.
What is it that you think Trump did to annoy the World? Exclude China.

Reality is, if not for Covid he'd still be your President. Much of your beloved Europe has far worse Covid outcomes than the US.

Most of my family, friends and colleagues in various parts of the World thought the really shocking happenings in the States was the BLM/Antifa destruction being tolerated by major Cities.

Sure he was a pretty gross guy, but I don't think much of the world is looking at Joe as anything to be excited about. And certainly see nothing of him doing his best of anything except signing executive orders to pay the piper.

Old 01-29-2021, 06:19 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You would think. But I think what he is saying is we have to let the world walk all over the U.S. again:

US has to pay the bulk of NATO costs again
US has to ease tariffs so China and Germany can take advantage of trade differences again
US has to have our military save their worthless ass every time they have an armed conflict.
US has to increase foreign aid to these developing countries that turn around and spit in our face
US has to accept stringent energy/climate restrictions that are not followed by any other country.

Yeah, yeah. The world will love the US again for sure. Actually OP has no idea what he is talking about, he's just some guy from the P&C forum with a political agenda.
The US doesn't have to do anything, indeed no one has forced the US to any of this.

In terms of NATO, the coats are tiny and it's up to each country to decide it's own defence budget, however I agree that countries should be meeting the 2% target. The truth being that Europe has increased it's defence substantially and many countries are now either meeting or progressing towards the agreed target, which was set for 2024, whilst others have agreed to meet the target further in the future.

In terms if US tariffs in relation to China, they are nothing to do with anyone but the US, and the same is true of foreign aid policy and climate change. The US may decide to join agreements but they are not being forced to.

Whilst in terms of the US commitment to WW2, whilst Europeans are grateful, the US did not win WW2 single handed, and the bloodshed of the Soviets, British Commonwealth and other allies should not be forgotten.

Whilst in terms of WW1, all sides were demoralised and wanted an end to the war, and none more so than Germany, and the US entry whilst welcome was one of only a number of factors.

One thing I do agree with, is the current behaviour of Germany, which seems to want to placate China, and one of the recent sponsors of the German CDU Party was in fact Huawei, whilst Germany has been at the centre of a new investment agreement with China. This does not sit well, at a time when the rest of the western world is more wary of China than every in relation to technology, trade, slavery, human rights, the covid virus, Hong Kong, Taiwan and numerous other issues.

The same is true of Russia, with Germany being instrumental in the recent controversial EU-China investment deal, which has put it at loggerheads with the US, whilst the Nord Stream 2 pipeline (which is now 94% complete) is a further sources of controversy, whilst at the same time the US has criticised Germany for it's low levels of Defence Spending.

Merkel has already warned of future arguments with the Biden administration, and they had previously been at loggerheads over supplying arms to Ukraine, which Biden is firmly committed to, whilst military moves in Syria could also be a bone of contention, and things could get a lot worse if new CDU party leader Armin Laschet replaces Merkel as Chancellor.

Last edited by Brave New World; 01-29-2021 at 06:33 AM..

Old 02-01-2021, 08:14 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
You would think that most of the world would prefer the former U.S. President since he did not start any new wars.

But human beings are more complicated than that. Isn't it so?
Of course human beings are more complicated than that. For all his shortcomings, Biden at the very least understands one basic thing, that the US needs to engage with its allies and not pull out of every international agreement. Conflicts in Syria or elsewhere are simply not that big of a deal when looking at the bigger picture.

Old 02-01-2021, 08:23 PM

8,865 posts, read 8,446,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
This post is nonsense
The truth hurts doesn't it.

Old 02-02-2021, 12:56 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,956,707 times
Orange man bad!

Old 02-03-2021, 11:07 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,387,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
I’m sure you’ve all heard by now that the United States has a real president now. He is doing his best to work us back into your good graces, and we are relieved about that. The question is: will you have us back? Will you forgive us our trespasses?
I am truly hoping you’ll welcome us back into your friendly embrace, like a long-suffering, tolerant boyfriend who was unjustly dumped for a rich bully.

There has to be change. Stop protectionism. Build win-win relationship. Don't kick us around just because you can.

Old 02-04-2021, 02:53 AM

Quote:
The truth hurts doesn't it.
It's certainly not 'the truth' though is it.

Old 02-04-2021, 05:15 AM

8,865 posts, read 8,446,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
It's certainly not 'the truth' though is it.
I don't have any time for your Britain number 1 nonsense.

Old 02-04-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I don't have any time for your Britain number 1 nonsense.
??? Eh? I didn't say anything about Britain!? What ARE you on about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World