Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 12:11 PM

2,531 posts, read 3,096,958 times

Advertisements

I’m sure you’ve all heard by now that the United States has a real president now. He is doing his best to work us back into your good graces, and we are relieved about that. The question is: will you have us back? Will you forgive us our trespasses?
I am truly hoping you’ll welcome us back into your friendly embrace, like a long-suffering, tolerant boyfriend who was unjustly dumped for a rich bully.

Old 01-26-2021, 01:05 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Seriously dude, give us a break and give it a rest from your political agenda.

We replace a wild outspoken businessman with a 78 year old career politician with cognitive issues. There were people that hate the US before the prior administration, there will be people that hate the US in the current administration and as long as we are a world power those people will still hate us. If all the world loves us, I would say we have serious problems - i.e. the US is not looking after it's own self-interest.

Now I see you are a "career P&C poster" with a specific agenda that has nothing to do with world affairs. You can return to your P&C forum now and post your political nonsense to your hearts content.

Last edited by Dd714; 01-26-2021 at 01:19 PM..

Old 01-26-2021, 01:18 PM

27,545 posts, read 28,630,498 times
You would think that most of the world would prefer the former U.S. President since he did not start any new wars.

But human beings are more complicated than that. Isn't it so?

Old 01-26-2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
You would think that most of the world would prefer the former U.S. President since he did not start any new wars.

But human beings are more complicated than that. Isn't it so?
You would think. But I think what he is saying is we have to let the world walk all over the U.S. again:

US has to pay the bulk of NATO costs again
US has to ease tariffs so China and Germany can take advantage of trade differences again
US has to have our military save their worthless ass every time they have an armed conflict.
US has to increase foreign aid to these developing countries that turn around and spit in our face
US has to accept stringent energy/climate restrictions that are not followed by any other country.

Yeah, yeah. The world will love the US again for sure. Actually OP has no idea what he is talking about, he's just some guy from the P&C forum with a political agenda.

Old 01-26-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I think what he is saying is we have to let the world walk all over the U.S. again:
US has to ease tariffs so China and Germany can take advantage of trade differences again
US has to have our military save their worthless ass every time they have an armed conflict.
US has to increase foreign aid to these developing countries that turn around and spit in our face
US has to accept stringent energy/climate restrictions that are not followed by any other country.

Yeah, yeah. The world will love the US again for sure.
Relationship status:

"It's complicated."

Old 01-26-2021, 01:28 PM

4,510 posts, read 5,048,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You would think. But I think what he is saying is we have to let the world walk all over the U.S. again:

Yeah, yeah. The world will love the US again for sure. Actually OP has no idea what he is talking about, he's just some guy from the P&C forum with a political agenda.

This says it all !!!!

Old 01-26-2021, 01:41 PM

2,531 posts, read 3,096,958 times
Errr...actually, this “dude” (not!) was hoping for responses from the World, not a handful of knuckledraggers from fly-over country. Specifically: Europeans.

Old 01-26-2021, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Errr...actually, this “dude” (not!) was hoping for responses from the World, not a handful of knuckledraggers from fly-over country. Specifically: Europeans.
No you aren't, you are expecting a response from anyone that supports your biased political agenda and overly simplistic world view. Otherwise your OP wouldn't be written so cynically and loopy and you wouldn't need to rely on personal insults.

How's that working for you so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Relationship status:

"It's complicated."
Indeed it is.

Old 01-26-2021, 02:53 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
I’m sure you’ve all heard by now that the United States has a real president now. He is doing his best to work us back into your good graces, and we are relieved about that. The question is: will you have us back? Will you forgive us our trespasses?
I am truly hoping you’ll welcome us back into your friendly embrace, like a long-suffering, tolerant boyfriend who was unjustly dumped for a rich bully.
Apologist boot licker left over from the Obama admin?

Old 01-26-2021, 05:20 PM

Methinks a social media platform shutting down the U.S. President did not go over too well in the rest of the world.

Something is a little fishy about that, don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World