Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2021, 07:03 AM

66 posts, read 43,399 times

Advertisements

The rainiest city in Europe is Podgorica Montenegro, however in Podgorica when it rains, you have a considerable amount of water falling in a short period of time (almost tropical storm like), and then it goes back to being bright blue skies.

In London you don't get as much water falling as Podgorica, but you get more gray gloomy damp days. The kind of rain that falls there it's like a continuous drizzle that does not amount to much in volume, but it's there often and will get you soaking wet. Add to that gray low skies giving the impression that it is going to rain.

https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...more%20rows%20

New Orleans is the rainiest city in the US. However the weather is normally sunny and bright, it's just that when it rains, it rains cats and dogs being in the tropics.

Seattle on the other hand is not as rainy, but you do get an endless amount of dampness, gray skies, and small rain that goes on for days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2021, 07:17 AM

14,834 posts, read 12,112,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usuari0deldia View Post
I don’t need facts lol I do live in London. Stereotypes? It’s the truth. This not a sunny or dry city. It’s mainly cold, rainy, overcast and windy.
The 'truth' as in real facts has just been posted by BNW. It is THIRTY FIFTH wettest out of the 44:-

http://www.floodsax.co.uk/news/which...ies-in-europe/

There are some REAL facts for you.

Old 07-30-2021, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
London and the UK have just experienced a heat wave, and the weather has been extremely good, although I would have thought you would have known that if you really lived in London.

UK weather: heatwave health alert for England extended to Friday - The Guardian

There is also another heatwave predicted for August.

"The current UK heatwave is drawing to a close, but another could be on the way in just a couple of weeks".

When is the next UK heatwave? Met Office weather forecast for August with hot temperatures set to end - inews

It's been a fantastic July with temperatures reaching 32c (90f )and August is all set for anther heatwave, perhaps you are living in a different London, maybe London, Ontario, although I think the weather has also been quite hot in many parts of North America, and Canada has just had a record heatwave.

Personally I would call 32c (90f) plus warm.
The guy obviously doesn't live anywhere near to London

Old 07-30-2021, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwlari View Post
The rainiest city in Europe is Podgorica Montenegro, however in Podgorica when it rains, you have a considerable amount of water falling in a short period of time (almost tropical storm like), and then it goes back to being bright blue skies.

In London you don't get as much water falling as Podgorica, but you get more gray gloomy damp days. The kind of rain that falls there it's like a continuous drizzle that does not amount to much in volume, but it's there often and will get you soaking wet. Add to that gray low skies giving the impression that it is going to rain.

https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...more%20rows%20

New Orleans is the rainiest city in the US. However the weather is normally sunny and bright, it's just that when it rains, it rains cats and dogs being in the tropics.

Seattle on the other hand is not as rainy, but you do get an endless amount of dampness, gray skies, and small rain that goes on for days.
Ahh! The ole 'continuous drizzle' stereotype now eh! Drizzle is the rarest form of rain in London, the MOST common type of precipitation is of course showers.

Cue somebody posting a picture of a drizzly day in London lol

Old 07-30-2021, 07:24 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,729,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usuari0deldia View Post
That’s actually not entirely true. Have you seen the weather forecast in London and compared to NYC’s, Istanbul, etc? It’s just cold and rain. The weather here is so sh#t. I just moved to London recently and although I live the city, the weather here really sucks. Summer here is as cold as winter in Sydney. Sure we had some days with really warm weather but now it’s very cold and rainy. A couple of nights ago it went down to 12C and the next days the temperature will be be between 13-19C.

I'm actually envious of London summer, it's rainy but cool.

In Tulsa, OK where I live, the temperature is expected to hit 37C today and 38C tomorrow.

Old 07-30-2021, 07:27 AM

27,529 posts, read 13,741,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Ahh! The ole 'continuous drizzle' stereotype now eh! Drizzle is the rarest form of rain in London, the MOST common type of precipitation is of course showers.

Cue somebody posting a picture of a drizzly day in London lol

The fact that London gets less days of rain than many other European cities doesn't seem to have sunk in.

London gets 109 days of rain a year compared to 111 in Paris, and London is well down the list in both average rainfall and number of rain filled days.

The Wettest Capitals in Europe Are...- Parka

Old 07-30-2021, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
I'm actually envious of London summer, it's rainy but cool.

In Tulsa, OK where I live, the temperature is expected to hit 37C today and 38C tomorrow.
The thing is GoodHombre.........it isn't rainy. Thats just the stereotype EVERYBODY outside the UK thinks is true. Its not a particularly hot place for sure but its certainly not cold like people claim either, 38 degrees is certainly too hot for me and nowhere in the UK gets temperatures like that, the UK record is 38.7 deg C.

http://www.floodsax.co.uk/news/which...ies-in-europe/

Old 07-30-2021, 07:35 AM

Not it's not rainy at all, it is just bright blue skies all the time!!

Old 07-30-2021, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwlari View Post
Not it's not rainy at all, it is just bright blue skies all the time!!
Seriously Irene!? Use your loaf! Perhaps, right now, you can show us where ANYBODY has ever said that eh?
I'm waiting?

Old 07-30-2021, 07:40 AM

What a lovely summer!

And not, I am not Irina, grow up, each time somebody says anything mildly disagreeing about the UK you behave like a child and accuse them of being Irina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World