Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2022, 10:38 AM

908 posts, read 442,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
But we need to thank you for saving us from the Axis of Autocracy.

I'm not sure if democracies can survive the threat of the Axis of Autocracy without the American military...

Not saying that the US didn't make some big historical mistakes (like supporting the military coup here in Brazil in 1964) but we can't forget the role the American military had in defeating Nazi Germany in Europe, and stopping South Korea from being annexed by North Korea, and the deterrence effect they have today on Russia and China.

Any such thanks that the world may arguably owe to us as the result of WW2 has been more than adequately given , in fact I'd say it has been overdone what with so many countries having become de facto suzerainties of the United States as the result of joining NATO .

To keep things short and simple , no country can or should expect another country to be it's defender in the case of military need , without also effectively renouncing an extremely important part of its sovereignty i.e. the ability to provide it's own national defense .

In closing while I'm not one to turn down anyone from thanking anybody or anything , if non Americans such as yourself really want to thank the United States for its role during WW2 , then I can highly implore you to keep making life hard to the extent that it's possible for the globalist neocon warmonger brigade which has entrenched itself in our halls of power .

Because in certain ways it is precisely us Americans who are the true victims of American hegemony , what with so many of our tax dollars having been spent and ( for more importantly ) so many of our citizen's lives having been wasted on dubious if not outright dastardly military interventionist schemes .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2022, 03:05 PM

565 posts, read 472,761 times
I think Merica ought to bring all her boys and toys home. Get on the ship and wave goodbye to you all as we set sail. "Goodbye! Good luck!"

Old 06-21-2022, 05:33 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times
No it wouldn't?? I think that's just American propaganda. Why would it 'plunge' into any more 'chaos' than its already in anyway? The US or the EU alone or anybody alone for that matter won't stop China doing what it wants or Russia doing what it wants or North Korea doing what it wants, certainly not with military threat anyway! Economics is what keeps the world in check (well mostly in check) all this Billy big bollox stuff that people come out with is not what keeps the world in line in the 21st Century. All the while there are nuclear powers on this planet another world war is HIGHLY unlikely because if there is one then the US dies, the EU dies, Russia dies and China dies.........we are all screwed! Anybody that thinks having a few thousand soldiers at the Russian or Chines borders are whats stopping the Russians or the Chinese aren't thinking it through.

Old 06-21-2022, 09:40 AM

8,867 posts, read 8,452,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Taiwan would long ago be part of China without US military superiority.
More like China would long ago be part of Japan without the US military.

Old 06-22-2022, 04:44 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,607,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I doubt if Japan ever wanted that. More like a Japan/China fix similar to USA/South America, locked as an economic dependency.

All Hirohito wanted was an economic union with Hitler's Axis, and Hitler wanted a umified European power with South America under their economic domination. The Europe-Japan alliance would leave US a sputtering outpost in isolation. But neither Hitler nor Hirohito ever expressed a hope to include America as part of their domain, and US was never, never under any threat by Germany or Japan. The only threat to America was a formidable economic competition.

Old 06-23-2022, 04:38 AM

632 posts, read 299,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjackson234 View Post
I keep coming across americans who keep saying that, and one of the solutions some suggest is to reduce military expenditure, and use the funds to fix the problems. But then there are americans who say that if they do that it will be like 1939-1945 again, and terrorism will proliferate?
It's true. An example is the recent US withdrawal from Afghanistan. The country was immediately overtaken by rogue factions. Say the US withdraws its security from the world x10 and some psycho dictator gains control, all hell would break loose. It would be all bad. Personally, I don't like sending our boys to fight other peoples' battles but, I also don't like the idea of another depression and the inevitable WW3.

Old 06-23-2022, 06:15 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,333,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
It was the Soviet and Mongolia really that liberated China's Northeastern province in 1945. Consequently, Japan lost their fishing rights at Kuril islands. Look up the history.

Old 06-23-2022, 08:19 PM

1,651 posts, read 869,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedesBoy View Post
It's true. An example is the recent US withdrawal from Afghanistan. The country was immediately overtaken by rogue factions. Say the US withdraws its security from the world x10 and some psycho dictator gains control, all hell would break loose. It would be all bad. Personally, I don't like sending our boys to fight other peoples' battles but, I also don't like the idea of another depression and the inevitable WW3.
So let me get this right. The U.S. invaded a country to remove its government. In the process it destabilized the country. That original government fought its way back into power and kicked out the U.S., yet you call them a rouge faction. The gospel of U.S. hegemony folks. We are always the good guys. There is no such thing as committing evil acts so long as it is to spread freedom, democracy, whatever feel good thing, or to further economic interest. You can't make this stuff up, national narcissism at its best. Protecting the world from the problems you cause.

Old 06-24-2022, 12:18 AM

8,867 posts, read 8,452,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
I doubt if Japan ever wanted that. More like a Japan/China fix similar to USA/South America, locked as an economic dependency.
Japan occupied around 50% of China (and the vast majority of population centres) within a year and held it up till 1942-1943. China didn't stand a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
It was the Soviet and Mongolia really that liberated China's Northeastern province in 1945. Consequently, Japan lost their fishing rights at Kuril islands. Look up the history.
Completely immaterial. The Soviet Union advanced into Manchuria after Japanese forces were wiped out by the US in August 1945, and "liberated" Manchuria after Japan ate two atomic bombs. If the US hadn't diverted Japanese forces in the Pacific War and provided financial and military assistance, China would have likely fallen around 1942-1943.

Last edited by Greysholic; 06-24-2022 at 12:27 AM..

Old 06-24-2022, 06:35 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,072,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
So let me get this right. The U.S. invaded a country to remove its government. In the process it destabilized the country. That original government fought its way back into power and kicked out the U.S., yet you call them a rouge faction. The gospel of U.S. hegemony folks. We are always the good guys. There is no such thing as committing evil acts so long as it is to spread freedom, democracy, whatever feel good thing, or to further economic interest. You can't make this stuff up, national narcissism at its best. Protecting the world from the problems you cause.
Oh yeah...forgot....The Taliban are the good guys

Good to see them in power again...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World