Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Status: "Hey Guys: "Remember they started it"" (set 7 days ago)

938 posts, read 1,233,131 times

Advertisements

A Moment

Its that time that fits between memories.
It’s the time spent together enjoying things and each other.
Its how long it takes for trouble to pass;
And for a life to begin.

It’s the fleeting glance we cast upon each other;
And never knowing whether it might be the last.
It’s the time between our children’s birthdays;
And the time it takes for them to move away.

Its all the time put together and special occasions
that we collectively spend together.
It could be a second or a hundred years
But to us it is only a moment.

You are having a moment now of sadness
In the passing of a loved one and trusted friend.
But for all those moments that you may spend alone;
You will have moments of memories to accompany you.

God Bless you in your time of sorrow and may the strong person
I and we know you are be able to enjoy
Each and every
Moment.

First written for Rita Brown in her time of loss by
Norman C. Barnes of Glen Mills

Copyright pending
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 06:43 AM

On Monday another young woman died from the effects of drugs. She lived in Drexel Hill and in seeking recovery went to California to live with an Aunt. Things went bad and she moved to Alaska to seek a job and to try and shake the habit. Never enough money to get the kind of care that has the greatest success. She died of heart failure while caring for a woman much her senior. A touch of Irony. She was a kind and gentle girl, grew up without her Father's company since he died when she was very young. Looked over her picture collection left with us -- forgotten when she left to California. I grieve her loss though I haven't seen her now for months. Another very sad "Moment"

Old 08-13-2009, 06:49 AM

Unhappy Another Moment

On Saturday a young woman was admitted to a clinic in the Ambler area. She was attempting to kill herself as an effect of heroin use. She is Blonde, green eyes, nice build and an image of her Grandmother. She has a problem with coping -- things never have gone her way since both her parents though separated also abused drugs. These moments are sad. A wasted life due to drugs. Wasted moments because of her incomprehensibility. "Imagine" there is no heaven for this young lady. "Prayers" -- Maybe they will help?

Old 09-13-2009, 06:57 PM

About two weeks ago another young woman fell to naive foolishness in front of the Delaware County Hospital in Drexel Hill PA. It touched my life because it was a friend of my Granddaughter's. It has been said that the driver's car went out of control because of use of an electronic device (Cell, Ipod). It only takes a moment to effect some lives forever. Could it really have been that important? There is sadness on both sides of this story to the innocent and the careless. I wish that for a moment we might think about the potential consequences of our actions. After the deed is done there are only moments of sadness.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:14 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,712,596 times
Just wondering what this has to do with a Pennsylvania discussion group?

Old 09-16-2009, 12:36 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,387,031 times
Is this about women killing themselves with drugs? I don't get it. I usually avoid reading posts with indescript titles figuring it's a lame start to begin with. Having read most things of interest I couldn't resist the temptation - but should have. This post doesn't fit the category it's in.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:57 AM

32,977 posts, read 36,484,630 times
Default Pennsylvania

You are the heart dotting "i"
In the word "apologize"
Scribbled drunk on a postcard
Sent from somewhere volcanoes are
I am the heart with no name
Airbrushed on the license plate
Of a subaru that was
Registered in pennsylvania

Do you even know what a wawa is?
girl
girl

I'm in a state of p *****n' a

Bloodhound Gang "Pennsylvania"

Old 09-17-2009, 08:31 PM

Smile I Get it!

There's trees in PA. We all know who live in trees. Creatures of irrelevance. Incidentally since I have offended I take back the comment about using electronic devices. Any of the posters use a cell phone when they drive -- oh I'm sorry that is not relevant to a PA discussion. Now then clan who is next?

Old 09-17-2009, 08:37 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,935,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
There's trees in PA. We all know who live in trees. Creatures of irrelevance. Incidentally since I have offended I take back the comment about using electronic devices. Any of the posters use a cell phone when they drive -- oh I'm sorry that is not relevant to a PA discussion. Now then clan who is next?
Hey I thought your poem was great!

Old 09-18-2009, 01:51 PM

2,515 posts, read 5,032,817 times
When I was a kid, my father told me that a moment was four seconds long. I believed it for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing