Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2014, 01:42 PM

540 posts, read 1,910,746 times

Advertisements

I think they all must be former lottery winners. I would do the same if I won!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 09:15 PM

262 posts, read 607,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
I think they all must be former lottery winners. I would do the same if I won!
haha yeah. If only.

Few from this afternoon...

Old 05-09-2014, 11:25 AM

254 posts, read 879,269 times
This is Garden Creek Falls on Casper Mountain. I decided to take a little walk up here yesterday (5/8/14) because the light on the mountain was interesting. This is the most water I've seen coming off of these falls, although I usually don't visit there unless it's summertime--when it seems there's no water anywhere.

GardenCreek by cloudwender, on Flickr

Old 05-09-2014, 11:33 AM

777 posts, read 3,197,868 times
That's an amazing picture right there!! Nice.

Old 05-10-2014, 03:33 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,174,164 times
Beautiful as usual Cloudfish

Old 05-25-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie Legs View Post
picture 1. sinks canyon, Lander Wyoming

picture 2. April 24 snowfall in Lander in 1999 - my daughter Liz (left) and my cousin Carissa enjoyed it..
Odd... I was just on Pinterest and found my photograph posted... (and claimed to have been taken by someone else). Guess this is a good reason to have a © symbol on a picture, as you'll never know where a photo might be nabbed from.

A few years back I had tried to post some MN pictures on the MN City-Data thread once, with my name and © symbol on the bottom of each..and they deleted them saying I couldn't "advertise."

Glad Wyoming's board is so much more friendly.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:46 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie Legs View Post
Odd... I was just on Pinterest and found my photograph posted... (and claimed to have been taken by someone else). Guess this is a good reason to have a © symbol on a picture, as you'll never know where a photo might be nabbed from.

A few years back I had tried to post some MN pictures on the MN City-Data thread once, with my name and © symbol on the bottom of each..and they deleted them saying I couldn't "advertise."

Glad Wyoming's board is so much more friendly.
No C symbol required. Just contact the folks at Pinterest and tell them to take it down. The hard part is, convincing them that it is yours. They took away the requirement for the C to show up because it's too easy for the C to be photo chopped. So any photo you take, is automatically protected. I have a program on my computer so that I can load any photo and break it down and be able to tell you, The camera used, the settings as far as lighting, timings, etc... and be able to tell you how many sites have that picture on display, the name of the sites, etc.... Even the source, or at least, the very first place it was posted on the web.

So just raise a stink with them and I'll bet they take it down, immediately.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
No C symbol required. Just contact the folks at Pinterest and tell them to take it down. The hard part is, convincing them that it is yours. They took away the requirement for the C to show up because it's too easy for the C to be photo chopped. So any photo you take, is automatically protected. I have a program on my computer so that I can load any photo and break it down and be able to tell you, The camera used, the settings as far as lighting, timings, etc... and be able to tell you how many sites have that picture on display, the name of the sites, etc.... Even the source, or at least, the very first place it was posted on the web.

So just raise a stink with them and I'll bet they take it down, immediately.
Generally I don't mind if someone admires a picture (in this case it's a photo of my photo, since I don't have a scanner), but give credit where credit is due. I'll give a shout out to Pinterest, but it likely could be "anywhere" by now.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:13 AM

76 posts, read 145,513 times
Wyoming Lake during my first ever trip to Yellowstone last weekend with the kids and grandkids. Wish I were a better photog bc this doesn't even begin to capture the beauty.Click image for larger version

Name:	Wyoming Lake.jpeg
Views:	336
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	131531

Old 06-18-2014, 10:16 AM

76 posts, read 145,513 times
Our grandkids were fascinated by these bunnies that like to play in our yard. This one was apparently trying to get a suntan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bunny in the sun.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	131533
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming