Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2008, 03:23 AM

1,466 posts, read 4,057,516 times

Advertisements

Many of you have already heard, but Mr. Henry "Shorty" Jackson has been missing for several days now...
He got stuck in his car out on Keystone road off of Soldier Creek and fled on foot, I believe he is in his 80's and has Alzheimers. It has been pretty cold the past few nights as spring hasn't fully come yet...
Helocopters and planes have been flying over the ranch we rent on and the surrounding area for days...

Sheridan Media put out an urgent message on the radio that they need more manpower to do a grid search Sunday March 9th.
You must be 18 or older, able bodied physically for tough terrain, and it is a must that you wear boots they are saying...
If anyone can help I believe everyone from search and rescue and the sheriff ect are meeting on keystone rd at or near the gun range. It is muddy out there they are saying and are advising 4 wheel drive vehicles near the gun range and parking will be limited...

My husband may volunteer tomorrow if he doesn't have any jobs lined up for him at his heating company...

If anyone has seen or heard from him please contact the authorities...

Here is his picture

This just breaks my heart and I am hoping he is found safe and sound....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 10:34 AM
TGM

100 posts, read 592,934 times
I wonder if anyone called the Wyoming Highway Patrol. WHP has a tactical tracking team (normally for fugitives) that can actually track him from the car to where he is. They are very well trained and I have no doubt they could have located him quickly. There is much more to tracking than following footprints - and these guys are amazing.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:25 AM

10 posts, read 32,434 times
I pray he's found safely .

Old 03-13-2008, 05:14 PM

50 posts, read 169,325 times
I'm sorry to say, this didn't end well. There is another thread "update" that explains.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:01 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,057,516 times
Yes tamir is right, I have an update thread... and he was found deceased

I also found out that the police supressed the location of his vehicle for a day or two, why I don't understand...

But anyways it is a very sad event

There is also an article on the front page of the Sheridan Press from last Monday..

I can post it for anyone who is interested... Just let me know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming