Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 02:34 PM

400 posts, read 456,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryKatsu View Post
So WY is friendly because of a lack of diversity per the original post? Hmm. So the Rock Springs Massacre was not a bad thing.
Huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 08:11 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,276,531 times
Quote:
So WY is friendly because of a lack of diversity per the original post? Hmm. So the Rock Springs Massacre was not a bad thing.
Hate to tell you this, but the most “diverse” places are also the least safe...

Multiculturalism does not work when it is pushed on a society. You want meth heads living next door? How about some terrorists? Cannibals? Hey, they are all just different than us. Diversity, right? Most folks have zero problem with anyone who is good people living next to them, no matter race or other difference. What we do have a problem with is trash wrecking our neighborhoods and nation. Either you are good folks, or trash. And for most of us, we would prefer to call good folks our neighbor. So sorry if that offends anyone...

Old 02-07-2020, 09:40 AM

2,453 posts, read 1,691,057 times
Quote:
I am sure something that happened 135 years ago has nothing to do with how things are now.

Old 02-07-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I am sure something that happened 135 years ago has nothing to do with how things are now.
I was really looking forward to an explanation as to how that event was relevant to the survey referenced in the cited article.

Old 02-07-2020, 10:24 AM

2,453 posts, read 1,691,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoshWyo View Post
I was really looking forward to an explanation as to how that event was relevant to the survey referenced in the cited article.
Rock Springs has a very shady past. Even in the 1980s-90s it was pretty bad there. Now it is way different, my brother has lived there for easily the last 20 years.

Old 02-07-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Rock Springs has a very shady past. Even in the 1980s-90s it was pretty bad there. Now it is way different, my brother has lived there for easily the last 20 years.
Yes, I’m aware. My sister in law and her ex owned a gas station/convenience store there during that period. And even during those “interesting” times, I wouldn’t call it an unfriendly place.

Nowadays, we attend high school sports there and many other towns around the state. I never have trouble striking up a pleasant conversation with other parents, despite the fact that we are the “enemy”.

Of course, there’s always that random dumb ass no matter where you go.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:04 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,478,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoshWyo View Post
It was just another drive-by posting....

Old 02-07-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm9stheham View Post
It was just another drive-by posting....
Apparently so!

Old 04-07-2020, 07:10 AM

961 posts, read 2,506,005 times
Thought I would take a look around the state forums. Usually there are just 3 or 4 I look at and occasionally post something. Read all the replies to the topic. And yes, Wyoming is a very friendly state. I might offer a bit of an opinion on the " friendly states" thing. I grew up on a farm in rural upstate NY. Returned there after many years in the military. At some point, I gave up on trying to explain to guys I served with, that No, NY state is not just NYC with some kind of extended suburbia through the rest of the state. We don't have the vast expanses of open land like Wyoming does. We do have areas upstate like..the Adirondacks, Catskills, the Finger Lakes with Lots of greenery. And the people..well, most of the folks in my rural area are friendly and will help if you need it. The folks from downstate, NJ. , and Long Island who have weekend places up in my area...some friendly..others not. I just don't assume people will act in a certain way , just because of where they are from. Part of my military years took me to many states to advise on training for reservists. I ..surprisingly..ran into almost no
attitude when in states up your way...Idaho. Montana, etc...But, had I been from California, the reception would have been " frostier". Just some thoughts on the topic. And yes, many of those downstaters (who can afford 2 homes) have " bugged out" up to their weekend places in this current crisis.

Old 04-07-2020, 02:06 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,248,004 times
Tioga, I appreciate your outlook on Wyoming's friendliness and I agree wholeheartedly with it. My late wife was possibly the friendliest person to ever set foot in Wyoming. She moved here (to marry me) from her lifetime home in Westwood, NJ. Honestly, I've simply never met a friendlier, more intelligent and more outgoing person in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming