Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2008, 01:54 PM

6 posts, read 20,313 times

Advertisements

I have noticed several postings regarding the housing situation in Kemmerer and Diamondville, WY. We are getting ready to cut in a new 44 lot subdivision -- It is a real one with paved streets, all utilities including sewer-- we are going to be building "Real" Homes-- not modulars-- all of the homes will have full basements. We are Utah Builders--- so we build it right-- Hopefully we will be able to help meet some of the housing needs in the area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 02:36 PM

592 posts, read 2,244,769 times
Please don't make it an HOA.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:30 AM

Default No HOA

It is not going to be an HOA-- However, it will have CC&R's -- which is only restrictive to building-- no modulars-- and landscaped front yards--

HOA's only breed arguments within the subdivision-- too much of that in CA

Old 03-03-2008, 11:37 AM

592 posts, read 2,244,769 times
Thank you, and for that I say , WELCOME to Wyoming !

Old 03-03-2008, 12:03 PM

Default Where do you live in Wyoming

Where do you live in Wyoming??-- Have you always lived there or did work or personal take you there??-- It sure is cold up there-- quite a bad winter this year-- but hopefully the extra snow and moisture will help with the drought of the West-- The homes being built will be very well insulated and extremely energy efficient-- hoping to help the residents-- We are doing R-50 in the attics and a true R-30 in the exterior walls, and energy efficient gas heaters (90 series). The homes currently available in the area are quite sub-standard-- really a pity-- everyone needs an affordable quality of life

Old 03-03-2008, 12:20 PM

27 posts, read 80,845 times
I am a builder moving from WI to Gillette WY, in two weeks how far away are these new sub divisions from Gillette? Are you going to be needing any help?

Old 03-03-2008, 12:39 PM

Default Kemmerer Wy- Gillette Wy

Gillette WY is approximately 500 miles away from Kemmerer-- If you were closer to the area-- but you will be a long distance away-- absolutely we are looking for help-- we are needing experienced framers, concrete men, finish men, etc. We are always looking for good help with experience who are quality driven-- the project is approximately a 2 year project-- Thanks for asking-- The homes are "Stick-Built" and will range in size from 1500 sq ft to 2500 sq ft and all will include unfinished basements-- The square footage of 1500-2500 is what we call above grade-- so the actual home sizes with the basements will be 3000 sq ft- 4200 sq ft when the basements are finished-- Again, thanks for asking

Last edited by Pollyanna1956; 03-03-2008 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: grammer error

Old 05-28-2008, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 3,351 times
Default New Housing

Pollyanna - My family is looking into relocating to Kemmerer this summer. I would really like more information on the new subdivision in Diamondville. It sounds like something we would be interested in. Can you help? What is the timeframe for the infrastructure and houses? Will there be floorplans to choose from? Any info I could get now would really help as we consider our options. Thanks!!!

Old 05-28-2008, 12:10 PM

430 posts, read 1,623,535 times
Pollyanna - that is GREAT news for that area. I am hoping Kem/D'ville will find more good economic times after the coal runs out. It is cold but GREAT summers as hardly ever gets above 80 degrees - at least NOT fort long I am a born winter person. My son who now lives in Cody too lived there for almost 3 years & loved it but housing was a major prob go everybody. There are a lot of ppl in that area that need decent paying jobs - you won't have any trouble finding employees. One thing you probably know about Wyo'ites is we do anything given the chance and you GENERALLY don't have to teach twice. There are a lot of young men and women who are looking for a leg up in order to move forward with their lives, whether in Wyo or elsewhere, but when you are born into these little towns with very few jobs, it is so had for them to move on and meet their potential. This is great news!!! Go Oyster Ridge!!!! Are they going to be in D'ville or outside Freedom? Or torwards Opal????? I'm very excited for the folks down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming