Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 06:01 PM

789 posts, read 1,747,084 times

Advertisements

The Wyoming State Training School in Lander is where the biggest population of developmentally disabled people reside. They also have 'homes'/services for those with head injuries and addictions issues. I know they are always looking for help and you get state bennys.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 11:24 PM

430 posts, read 1,625,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya700 View Post
The Wyoming State Training School in Lander is where the biggest population of developmentally disabled people reside. They also have 'homes'/services for those with head injuries and addictions issues. I know they are always looking for help and you get state bennys.....
The Wyo State Training School has not been accepting new clients for years. They are shutting it down. I looked into that initially - my first contact about 6 years ago - for my own son. So that is a no-go right off the top. They may be looking for employees tho; however if you are looking for a place for your son to reside, forget that. Powell has a residential place also - I work with the mother of an autistic young man who lives there. I can try to find out more if I remember to ask her Monday (we are not at work very long together...but I'll try to remember what it is called).

Old 06-01-2008, 07:50 PM

144 posts, read 628,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taw1955 View Post
I currently work in group homes and I was wondering do they have those in Wyoming and what cities have them and what is the pay like? Thanks!!
Diversified Services Inc. ("DSI") has several group homes in Torrington and they have an excellent reputation. DSI operates a thrift shop, a recycling plant and the finest car detailing operation in the area. A number of residents work in our local businesses, and there is a residents' bowling team in one of our local leagues.

You can contact them at:

Diversified Services Inc
1138 W Centre Street, Torrington, WY 82240

(307) 532-5911

Old 06-05-2008, 07:11 PM

21 posts, read 65,553 times
Default group home

Sure we have them in Sheridan! Easter Seals, Renew, HHH Helping Hands and Jodies Heart Inc are what I can think of offhand. As for wages they all are different. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming