Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 10:35 AM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,066,007 times

Advertisements

Avoid Laramie??? What are you people talking about. Well I know villagefish's reason from the Nebraska forum but why would you say that bigreez?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 08:49 PM

150 posts, read 519,745 times
well they said they had thier fill of libral minded tree huging towns. Laramie is a nice city but fairly libral.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:43 AM

Okay, I see what you're saying. I sort of agree, the granola part of Laramie could be a little much for some people if they want to avoid that sort of thing, but I still think there's a nice balance of different types of people in Laramie. It's one of the things I miss the most about Laramie.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:50 PM

15 posts, read 62,344 times
i would say try douglas schools are very good small town can build a new house for around 160-210. bnsf has a track department an d signal department in town. casper raceway is an hour away and runs dirt clay mix like i said casper is an hour away for all the shopping you would need. wal mart is scheduled to open in douglas around christmas 2008 and it will be a supercenter we have only been here since april but love it everyone is nice and helpful love the small town feel. only draw back is there is not that many rentals here. seems like as soon as they hit the market they are gone. also laramie peak is about 30 - 40 min drive love it here has all you could ask for. also the schools are very well taken care of financially student to teacher rate is 18 to 1 and they are going to be building another school soon so they can keep that rate awsome community and place to live just my two pennies sorry cant type tonite and suck at puncuation since im an auto tech dont use it often sorry steve

Old 07-07-2007, 10:36 PM

Steve - how much building is going on in Douglas? Are there many new developments?

Old 07-09-2007, 11:13 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villagefish View Post
I agree: avoid Laramie
Laramie is a wonderful town. I'm moving there at the end of July and I couldn't be happier. I'm so sick of Southern California and I cannot wait to live in a small town atmosphere again. If you have kids, it's a great place to be. The public schools are rated very highly, there are several parks and it sits nestled between the Laramies and the Snowy mountain ranges. The people are friendly and kind and the town is charming.

What more could you ask for?

Old 07-16-2007, 05:21 AM

15 posts, read 62,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earniefan View Post
Steve - how much building is going on in Douglas? Are there many new developments?
not really i know of 2 new housing developments all the lots are gone already. and they are making old developments bigger adding streets and such but not that big of a growth in the housing front yet everyone is talking like their will be soon

Old 07-28-2007, 09:55 PM

44 posts, read 137,186 times
My husband works for BNSF. I don't believe BNSF runs trains through Laramie. That's UP down there. They run them through Cheyenne, from Guernsey though, taking them down to Denver. I would think that seniority would play a big roll with trying to get into Sheridan, because it's a desirable location in the powder river division. Whatever you do, just stay away from Alliance, NE. Smells really bad there (huge feedlot just out of town) and the water tastes horrible!!

Old 07-29-2007, 04:57 PM

tallgirl - lol, that was the smell of money there in Alliance.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:06 PM

7 posts, read 18,597 times
Good luck with this we've lived in Gillette and now live in Green River we really missed Gillette when we moved to Texas. We love it here as they have the huge lake just miles away, but you have to travel 2.5 hours to Salt Lake City. When living in Gillette you travel to Casper or Rapid City. I don't know of many Wyoming towns that have anything close by Oh maybe Evanston there isn't any place to shop or eat there from what we've seen tried to eat dinner on our way to the airport it was hard finding something besides McDonalds.

I understand Gillette has grown a lot since we lived there they now have many stores and restaurants so one may not need to go out of town as much and they have a nice lake 40 miles away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming