Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2010, 05:12 PM

704 posts, read 2,069,802 times

Advertisements

I've got a house for sale and a serious interested party has these updates on their mind:
front porch - there is a porch there but basically it is a landing with 2 steps to the ground.
rear deck - this would be an extension built from the bay window in the dining room since that is the high point in the back wall of the house.
new roof - no roof overs, the real thing.
new kitchen cabinets - no other details known.
carpet changed to hard wood - ditto

based on contractor prices, materials, etc. what would be a ball park estimate of the above in York County?

They plan to do all the work themselves, but I'm sure they'll hire helpers and a pro on one thing or another. I've built decks, so I can see them being experienced and knowledge able to do most of it themselves.
I have the estimate they gave for the above updates but wanted to hear from some roofers, hardwood installers, someone who has done updates and maybe you didn't do the work but you were the very interested supervisor (owner of the house) or anyone who can give me ball park figures on labor and materials.

Thanks.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 02:31 PM

622 posts, read 1,783,175 times
Depending on quality of materials and labor costs:

$28,000 - $50,000.

Probably closer to the high end.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:49 PM

704 posts, read 2,069,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmarin View Post
Depending on quality of materials and labor costs:

$28,000 - $50,000.

Probably closer to the high end.
the people looking at the house, and having those updates in mind, were talking 30K. I hoped the fact that they would be doing most of the labor would lower it. I've built decks before, under $2000 for materials, changing a bay window to a double door to the deck would be a high dollar job. I got roof estimate last year of about $1500 less shingles, cabinets and hardwood no experience or hearsay on that.

So, you may be right with:
$28,000 - $50,000.
Probably closer to the high end

I'm forced to hope that the "5" is high.
that high may be low or middle.
and maybe even an alternative word for probably apprears out of nowhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties