Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2010, 03:53 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,990,071 times

Advertisements

I recently started going to harris tetter because of their awesome deals on there subs. $4 for a footlong on fridays + all their specials everyday are just awesome. The store (in Fort Mill) is very big and well laid out, with seemingly a decent selection of items. I do have to say I dislike the checkout process. I was confused at first because none of the registers have a light on them. Plus when you go up, theres no where to put your items, so your waiting for the cashier to take it out, ring it up, send it down the belt, and then waiting for your cart to be empty so it can be filled. Overall I guess they are trying to go for a old-fashioned feel, but, it just felt it was a little awkward and slows thing down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 06:37 AM

29 posts, read 84,128 times
Do you like pecan pie? The one they make is awesome! The rotisserie chickens are good, too. I don't mind the checkout process. I do notice they tend to run out of sale items.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:08 AM

42 posts, read 97,006 times
I'm not a fan of the Teeter but occasionally they have some incredible deals on stuff. They once had a sale that was something like buy two bags of coffee, get three free. I don't like the check out process either so I always do self check.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:41 PM

714 posts, read 2,306,542 times
There are lighted fluorescent tubes over the signs to indicate open checkout lanes. Look for those.

You don't have to unload your cart. They unload as they ring it up and then bag it and put it in a different cart. I think this is more efficient and much nicer than places where you have to unload your cart yourself, but that's just me. I like not having to deal with it, but I'm all about convenience and an efficient process.

The only knock I have against Harris Teeter is that my local store can't keep jalapeno peppers in stock. (I mean REALLY it's not like it's a Furby...) The checkout process, IMO is dead simple.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:00 PM

14,466 posts, read 20,644,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysofThundr46 View Post
I recently started going to harris tetter because of their awesome deals on there subs. $4 for a footlong on fridays + all their specials everyday are just awesome. The store (in Fort Mill) is very big and well laid out, with seemingly a decent selection of items. I do have to say I dislike the checkout process. I was confused at first because none of the registers have a light on them. Plus when you go up, theres no where to put your items, so your waiting for the cashier to take it out, ring it up, send it down the belt, and then waiting for your cart to be empty so it can be filled. Overall I guess they are trying to go for a old-fashioned feel, but, it just felt it was a little awkward and slows thing down.
Your question title set off a red light with me......I am a coupon maniac and last week they had Super Double coupons.....I got 6 Contessa steamed shrimp, $7.99 regular price on sale for $4.99. I had $1.50 coupons that got doubled so I paid $1.99 a package, regular price was $7.99, saving $6 a package or $30. Nationwide coupon site if anyone wants to get low cost and free food in certain food categories.

Bi-Lo and Harris Teeter are tied for #1 with me, due to sales and coupon policies and HT has triple coupons sometimes too. If I did not use coupons, then they might be "just another store".

Go through the self checkout, it's a lot quicker and you can bag them the way you want. I do not care for 10 items to be put in 7 bags like the clerks do, I want as few bags as possible.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:06 PM

I looked for a light the 2 times ive been (at the fort mill store) and i couldnt even tell, ill hafta look again.

They have a new cart at the end of the register? or they just unload your cart, and then when its empty, take it and move it to the end? I really didnt notice any "standby" carts at the end of the register.

I prefer to just unload my cart and have them ring it up as I unload it, then by the time im done, and get my debit card out to pay, its all rang up. At tetter, i just kind of, stand there, unless the cashier wants to chat.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:23 PM

I found the lights on the top of the checkout... not something you really notice with all the bright lights already in the store.

I did the self checkout this time.... very temperamental. I do like how everyone is super nice, atleast at the Fort Mill store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties