Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 06:29 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,251 times

Advertisements

Apparently they are really running scared near us in Sun City. We got a flyer this week with an attached card good for 10% off our entire orders through the end of the year. Card can be used as many times as you shop. The card is marked for Sun City residents only and I believe is only be good at the Carolina Commons location.

Still not going to keep me from trying out Publix. I am really tired of HT ridiculous prices on produce that I could scream. I am really hoping to find a common area between WalMart's good prices but crappy produce and HT nice produce but high prices. We'll have to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 09:30 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
How did you get your coupons?
Elsewhere it was said that only 3 Charlotte stores were doing the Wed. SD's for all of October.
It would seem logical that a store so close to the new Publix like TC would have the same SD.
I'll call before going way down there.
Via my mailbox.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:49 PM

14,478 posts, read 20,657,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Apparently they are really running scared near us in Sun City. We got a flyer this week with an attached card good for 10% off our entire orders through the end of the year. Card can be used as many times as you shop. The card is marked for Sun City residents only and I believe is only be good at the Carolina Commons location.
That is interesting since the Tega Cay store sent out 5% off coupons to locals.
There was also a mailout of 4 coupons, one good each week, $10/$40 purchase.
And Super Doubles for the rest of the month on Wednesday's.
Then another store has SD's tomorrow only, with the rest of the Wednesday's in the month undecided.
I don't live near Publix so if they do mail outs, we won't get them.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:46 PM

Howard555 - We didn't get the extra 4 coupons, though. I did get an email with special for Monday through Thursday specials including super double coupons tomorrow. Didn't say anything about the future.

We have also gotten a couple postcards from Publix, so I'm thinking that closer to opening we may get something from them. I hope, anyhow!!

Old 10-09-2012, 03:53 PM

14,478 posts, read 20,657,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Howard555 - We didn't get the extra 4 coupons, though. I did get an email with special for Monday through Thursday specials including super double coupons tomorrow. Didn't say anything about the future.

We have also gotten a couple postcards from Publix, so I'm thinking that closer to opening we may get something from them. I hope, anyhow!!
No Publix post cards yet and not sure how far they will reach out with those.
With a store in Indian Land and Fort Mill, they might do a one time mass mailing to all residents of Y.C. Hope so.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:55 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,362,441 times
Sounds like HT is already bracing for the onslaught of Publix, according to a news report yesterday on WSOC. (Channel 9). A Publix spokesperson said they were excited to be expanding in a new market, but HT refused comment. But the report did indicate that HT was adopting a defensive strategy by adding more stores with the Lowe's acquisition, thus claiming most available prime real estate.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:26 AM

225 posts, read 689,852 times
Scheduled to open October 24, the one in Tega Cay.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:53 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Both Publix at Gold Hill (store #1419) in Fort Mill and Cross Creek (store #1412) in Indian Land are opening Wednesday. (Publix new store openings) They will be a great asset to the area.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:34 PM

I was sitting in front of the BB&T bank at Carolina Commons with the Sun City HT and noticed a panel truck sitting at the red light and the entire side was a Publix ad with a banner stating "opening in 4 days". It turned and drove up Jim Wilson road, where there is another HT on Providence Rd across from the Lowe's. I'm wondering if he was just driving around the area in front of the 4 HTs within a 6 mi. radius.

I am remembering back when I still lived in rural PA I had to drive about 20 minutes to get to one grocery store. Here within 6 miles I have 4 HTs, 1 Food Lion, 1 super WalMart, and now a Publix. I'm in grocery store heaven!

Old 10-21-2012, 05:43 AM

850 posts, read 2,651,415 times
Welcome to the south, where there is a drug store and a grocery store on every corner!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties