Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 06:00 PM

17 posts, read 29,942 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I'm relocating to Charlotte this spring (April, May) from midwestland and I would love some advice on what communities I should strongly consider.

Key Information: We are a family of four. I will be working in Ballantyne but commute ease to Uptown is important as my office may be relocating there in the next year or so. My wife stays at home with our 2 year old and 1 month old so we would like a community that has a pool and a good social environment. Good schools are important but odds are we will be moving on to my next corporate rotation prior to my kids reaching Kindergarten so primarily a big deal to ensure solid resale value.

My budget caps out at $350 and I would like to keep my commute under 30 minutes. I have been looking closely at lakeridge and the reserve at gold hill. Am I missing any great communities that I should be considering with a similar level of amenities and priced right?

I also hate traffic but it sounds like that is pretty much unavoidable in this booming area.

Thanks in advance for any of your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 07:03 PM

547 posts, read 773,930 times
Springfield, Baxter Village and Tega Cay (Lake Ridge and Lake Shore developments) are popular in your price range. Serenity Point in Tega Cay can use the Tega Cay pool and clubhouse but it's not a convenient access yet. However, later this year they will start construction on a road connecting Gold Hill to Stonecrest.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:08 PM

20 posts, read 31,910 times
Any additional information on Serenity Point? I found a facebook page but it seems to not have been updated in the last few years. Also, is the pool and clubhouse use included in the Serenity Point HOA?

Old 02-20-2015, 07:23 PM

Looks like several lots are available, some waterfront but only one existing home that's close to your range (359k). its a ranch home with full finished basement. Tega Cay Clubhouse fitness room and pool use are an additional annual fee of around 300. It varies on when you purchase.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:20 PM

Have you looked at Fallbrook? It's behind Springfield, has community pool and you can take back roads to Ballantyne. There's a new listing there for $350k. 4bdrm, 3300sq ft.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:50 AM

Awesome. Thanks so much for the advice.

I really love the proximity to Charlotte at the reserve and fallbrook but lake ridge looks amazing...

Old 02-25-2015, 11:24 AM

Quick follow up:

What is the neighborhood right above fallbrook?

Houses like 1139 Wagner Ave are in it? Seems like some nice houses in there with nice ammenities but I am struggling to find boundaries and names of the subdivisions.

Anyone have a good map/resource that highlights all the subdivisions in Fort mill?

THanks!

Old 02-25-2015, 12:57 PM

I think that is the Regent Park area. All that land used to be part of Heritage USA, a religious based theme park. I don't know if you remember Jim and Tammy Baker from the PTL (praise the lord) Club back in the 80s. Heritage USA was developed by them and after a Jim Baker was involved in a scandal the business eventually went under and a lot of the land was then sold off to residential builders.

In summary, I'm pretty sure the address you gave is in Regent Park

Old 02-25-2015, 01:07 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,211,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2thelou View Post
Quick follow up:

What is the neighborhood right above fallbrook?

Houses like 1139 Wagner Ave are in it? Seems like some nice houses in there with nice ammenities but I am struggling to find boundaries and names of the subdivisions.

THanks!
Balmoral

Old 02-25-2015, 02:20 PM

110 posts, read 159,973 times
So I'll be honest about Lake Ridge. It's a new neighborhood in the middle of an area that is not. Therefore, the road you take to get there passes some much less attractive homes, trailers, etc. this may not bother you in the least, obviously Lake Ridge is growing so it doesn't bother everyone. However, this neighborhood does not sit in the middle of a nice, square, suburban, freshly mowed lawn scenario. At the rate Fort Mill is growing, that might be the case in 10 years, but it isn't now. I know when we looked there four years ago, the developer was pitching the idea that as Fort Mill grew, the areas around the neighborhood would improve. I haven't seen much change on that yet, but I'm guessing it will with time.

The homes are nice (especially on the inside), but they are certainly close together (as are many of the new neighborhoods). The clubhouse and pool are located in the neighborhood across the street and they are very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties