Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2016, 10:28 PM

27 posts, read 46,129 times

Advertisements

Moving to the area- while I have a position at the CHS Pineville hospital, I was not that enthralled with Charlotte for a lot of reasons- I am moving from Colorado, Fort Collins to be exact, so the city feel of Charlotte and suburban feel was a bit overwhelming and I am used to having land to bike/hike/ride on literally 1/10 mile from my home.

I went for a run/slog/jog in Anne Springs Close Greenway and fell in love- and went back all three days that we went househunting. We will definitely be supporters and "friends" when we get there- in (Gasp!) 4 weeks. I also have a horse and the trails seem amazing for all that I love to do. It felt like home right away- and as this move is going to be hard for a lot of reasons, I was so glad to find it.

We have not found a home yet, but again, it's likely because initially we targeted Charlotte and did not get shown Fort Mill homes. So, we are kind of coming in a bit blind, and I still have to find a place to live WHILE I find a home! Dog, 2 cats- that should be easy, right?

All this to ask- does anyone know of areas around/connecting to the Greenway that have nice homes? Small is good, we don't have kids at home, and want to downsize as much as we can, and it would be great to have eco-friendly, too. I am NEVER moving again, so hope to find an area that is not as likely to be developed past what it is already- and I realize that is a tall order seeing the amazing growth that Fort Mill is seeing.

I also have to say how much I appreciate this forum. I am so glad I found it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 05:11 AM

218 posts, read 523,154 times
Can't go wrong with Springfield right next door, plus you get membership to the greenway with your home! May be able to find something in there that suits you. There are also MANY neighborhoods just down A.O Jones that are still close enough to frequent the greenway.

Best of luck!

Old 04-25-2016, 08:36 AM

4,271 posts, read 6,297,425 times
It all depends on your price range. Can you give more info one what you want?

Single family? Townhome?
Ranch style, two story?
$200-250K, $350-400K? $550-700K? Price range makes all the difference on what is recommended.

Basically, you can't go wrong with WHATEVER you pick as your final spot - Fort Mill is a great area, and there's plenty to choose from.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:48 AM

625 posts, read 489,040 times
I agree with Girl, price point will help guide you.
Springfield is really nice but you're looking at homes upwards of 350K. The other neighborhood that's nearby is Regal Manor which is comprised of a few neighborhoods -- Baden Village, Fallbrook and Ballmoral are closest to the Greenway (we live in Fallbrook).
You also have the other side of the Greenway near town and there's an older neighborhood off of Merrit Road (I can't remember the name right now), no HOA, older and smaller homes under 200K. There's also Avery Lake off of Springfield Parkway and Steele Rd.
There's also Springview Meados off of Springfield Parkway and US-21 across the road from the new Harris Teeter gas station. Houses there start at about 300K.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:01 PM

Good point!

Thanks for the great info on the area!

We can afford up to 375ish. The idea of an older home that needed some updating appeals- but really, just being on the edge of the greenway almost trumps everything else. I realize that seems kind of a strange thing, but- well, it felt right to be there. Can't explain it any more than that.

There was a home on Zillow that was a make me move- Walker street, off Old Nation Road I had my heart and soul set on it, site unseen! I have not heard back...so am giving up a bit of hope.

I am glad that I found Fort Mill. Looks like a great place to settle. And again, thanks so much! Great info to "google" on!

Old 04-26-2016, 08:11 AM

Houses in Fort Mill sell quickly. Especially if priced right in a good location.
We had about 6 months before moving down when we knew we were relocating and I looked a lot on-line but the reality was that if you want to buy a house that's already built you need to wait until you're ready to move since they don't sit on the market long. We opted to build and rented an apartment for 6 months while the house was getting built.
Good luck, you really can't go wrong anywhere in Fort Mill. There are some areas on and off of Steele St or Henlsey Rd that I would avoid, but outside of that you should be fine.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annikak View Post
Good point!

Thanks for the great info on the area!

We can afford up to 375ish. The idea of an older home that needed some updating appeals- but really, just being on the edge of the greenway almost trumps everything else. I realize that seems kind of a strange thing, but- well, it felt right to be there. Can't explain it any more than that.

There was a home on Zillow that was a make me move- Walker street, off Old Nation Road I had my heart and soul set on it, site unseen! I have not heard back...so am giving up a bit of hope.

I am glad that I found Fort Mill. Looks like a great place to settle. And again, thanks so much! Great info to "google" on!
If it's the one listed on Walker Street Extension on 5 acres I would keep contacting the bank or get a hold of a realtor that might be able to help you. For that price you can get the land and build what you want on it. It's a sweet location so there may be some competition for it.

Best of luck!

Old 04-26-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCoqui View Post
If it's the one listed on Walker Street Extension on 5 acres I would keep contacting the bank or get a hold of a realtor that might be able to help you. For that price you can get the land and build what you want on it. It's a sweet location so there may be some competition for it.

Best of luck!
Thank you! Yes, its that lot... It cannot actually be subdivided, because there is not enough road frontage. I will become a pest. Its crazy, but I am attached to it. I did drive up to the home- and mailed her a card. Keep fingers and toes crossed!
Annika
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties