Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 12:45 PM

850 posts, read 2,650,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Father View Post
They have. If you lived around here you would have noticed the road construction projects that will add additional lanes to 160 at Gold Hill and a new road from Gold Hill to Stonecrest.
Those road improvements will only address the already clogged issues around 160 and Gold Hill and the new Tega Cay connector that will connect Tega Cay with Stonecrest. As you know, this project is years behind in where it should be with all the recent construction and housing. Those individuals that have lived in Tega Cay have been dealing with 160 and Gold Hill for years, the new connector will help give residence another way to get into the town.

I'm more concerned about the impact in New Grey Rock, Dam Road and Gardendale. Those roads are crumbling will all of the building in Lake Ridge and with the new Tega Cay River Park construction to begin in the near future these roads will only continue to clog. New Grey Rock and Sutton is a perfect example, almost impossible to turn left in the mornings with the Sutton Road traffic and commuters from Gardendale and Dam Road.

With the park and sports complex coming, I hope our leaders will address these issues.

I really doubt though, our county is more concerned with attracting more and more people to move here and less about the quality of life for the residence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 05:02 AM

235 posts, read 307,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Father View Post
They have. If you lived around here you would have noticed the road construction projects that will add additional lanes to 160 at Gold Hill and a new road from Gold Hill to Stonecrest.
I do live around here and the road projects are 5 to 10 years behind the growth. Improvements to Gold Hill and I-77 and Carowinds and I-77 are years away... The Gold Hill and 160 intersection fix should have been completed years ago. If you go look over the boarder, its just as bad. Widening of 160 from the State line North to 485 will not be complete until after 2025...

So as this growth continues and road construct lags a decade behind, how exactly will we commute in and out of the area?

Old 12-01-2016, 03:33 PM

176 posts, read 566,008 times
Default Any comedy coming?

I see the new development planned for the sports one complex. With a new movie theater and entertainment planned, will there be a comedy zone relocation? I loved the one at the corner of 160 and Gold Hill Rd. at Madisons on the Corner. So sorry to see it leave.

Any prospects for comedy in this area? I love comedy and now have to go to uptown Charlotte. Not a big issue, but it was so convenient for me in this area.

Hopeful and wishful....

Old 10-06-2017, 10:40 AM

547 posts, read 773,840 times
Update...A year ago, Tega Cay City Council approved the annexation and rezoning of 78 acres. The Game On plan included an athletic performance center, basketball courts, ballfields, tennis courts, an aerobics and fitness center and pools. Non-sports features included a medical facility, retail, restaurant, spa, hotel and parking deck.

Last month, council approved a revised site plan. The developer had 40 acres with the rest under contract, and wanted to start with the property in hand. The city anticipates early plans to be submitted as early as this month. Grading of the site could begin by the spring.

Read more here: Tega Cay SC sports site could add property | The Herald
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties