Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 03:09 PM

23 posts, read 76,306 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to let everyone know that evidently the SC Attorney General is looking into the Ft Mill Council and the publics issue with Mr Starnes. Evidently it was in fact illegal for him to run and to vote. From what I understand they (SC AG office) have received a number of complaints from town members and they are looking into both Mr Starnes and who involved in the town government knew and did nothing. So I'm going to be optimistic that Ft Mill does the right thing. I think the AG should probably look into the York county council if the councilman in question doesnt resign. Drunk Driving is nothing to make light of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 08:24 AM

10 posts, read 31,939 times
reading this , maybe it's not in my familie's best interest to move to york county..

we live in mandeville , la and the corruption in this town of 10k is so outta control..reading this sounds like i'm going from the pan to the fire...

from our local paper..eddie price , politics 28 years-

Archived coverage of Mayor Eddie Price's Causeway incident - Updates - NOLA.com

Mandeville official left accident scene- NOLA.com

kick backs , trips to pebble beach on contractors dime , gifts from toys for tots fund..

gheezeee, is any place in america not corrupt???

Old 08-25-2008, 08:42 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,554,925 times
I think you would be going from a pan on full burn to a pan on simmer.

Think there are issues everywhere.

Old 11-15-2008, 02:48 PM

23 posts, read 76,306 times
Hey my neighbor just told me that Ken Starnes of the Ft Mill Town Council got into a fight at the Ft Mill/Nations Ford Football game. Does anyone know the story? According to my neighbor the FT Mill Times wouldnt touch the story because their editor & mayor & Starnes are tight but I dont know how true this is after the editorial they wrote about Starnes needing to resign because he doesnt live in town...and the saga continues. Just trying to find out some facts. Thanks

Old 12-04-2008, 02:24 PM

3 posts, read 4,805 times
I have a question? Why is it that law enforcement in york county, and all other counties in sc, use the drug card? Im sick and tired of law enforcement and elected officials thinking they have done something because they got a male/female with a joint or more..yes, people do drugs, and the majority are middle aged white women who are addicted to perscription drugs and are getting them from their doctor!! So, what about rape, rob, beat, and ride by shooting? I guess all of those are ok to do in york county? I havent read or seen on the news where any of those crimes have been investigated..little people trying to be big in york county..shame on you!!!! Do your real job or get another one!!

Old 12-04-2008, 06:09 PM

474 posts, read 1,749,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy&pissed View Post
I have a question? Why is it that law enforcement in york county, and all other counties in sc, use the drug card? Im sick and tired of law enforcement and elected officials thinking they have done something because they got a male/female with a joint or more..yes, people do drugs, and the majority are middle aged white women who are addicted to perscription drugs and are getting them from their doctor!! So, what about rape, rob, beat, and ride by shooting? I guess all of those are ok to do in york county? I havent read or seen on the news where any of those crimes have been investigated..little people trying to be big in york county..shame on you!!!! Do your real job or get another one!!
So what part of York County were you caught?

Old 12-04-2008, 08:03 PM

I wasnt..I dont do drugs..Im just tired of real crimes being put on the back burner, and law enforcement doing nothing about them.I was a victim of rape and you think they have helped me? NO. God forbid some poor soul get caught for a crime less than rape, cuz they are going to jail for many, many years..That really helps me sleep at night..NOT!

Old 12-04-2008, 08:26 PM

There's not enough money in the world for me to move to York County.. Believe this or not, there are actually honest, fair, and caring people in many other counties throughout SC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties