Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:28 AM

129 posts, read 478,064 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
My son is going into middle school. Hopefully I will be relocating to SC. Loking in Fort Mill. Did the research and visted the town. LOVED IT SO DID MY SON. Saw on the board here about Clover. I started some reseach on the schools in Clover I am not sure if they are better. Seems the school websites did not have alot of info concerning activities, pta,: so forth. Can anyone help me. I am trying to save $ to go back to fort mill and to check out Clover in March. THANKS
Ice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 10:18 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icelady View Post
Hi everyone,
My son is going into middle school. Hopefully I will be relocating to SC. Loking in Fort Mill. Did the research and visted the town. LOVED IT SO DID MY SON. Saw on the board here about Clover. I started some reseach on the schools in Clover I am not sure if they are better. Seems the school websites did not have alot of info concerning activities, pta,: so forth. Can anyone help me. I am trying to save $ to go back to fort mill and to check out Clover in March. THANKS
Ice

Hey there icelady:

Between the two towns....Clover, SC or Fort Mill, SC.....It would be Fort Mill, SC that has the better schools of the two. I usually refer folks to Clover, SC if they are looking to make their monies go a little farther (Clover, SC would be my second choice for schools in the area). But heck if you have already fallen in love with Fort Mill....by all means....come on down!

We live in Tega Cay which butts up (I really need to find a better word for this...anybody have any ideas? ) next to Fort Mill. So I am very familiar with the town of Fort Mill and the schools (since this is where our children attend).

There is a post I did on the NC side in regard to activities...but just to let you know that we have an excellent park and rec. director in Tega Cay...with any of the activities/sports open to all of the children in the area.

Combine that with the water activities having the lake near by (Lake Wylie), along with 2 YMCA's, Leroy Springs Recreation Complex, and the school programs and the kids around here stay pretty active.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask away!

Take care

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/education/story/6337832p-5523769c.html (broken link)

Old 01-26-2007, 10:32 AM

30 posts, read 100,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
We live in Tega Cay which butts up (I really need to find a better word for this...anybody have any ideas?
How about Tega Cay adjoins Fort Mill? Of course, butts up works just fine.

Last edited by Yac; 01-29-2007 at 11:09 AM..

Old 01-26-2007, 10:35 AM

Thumbs up Thank you

Thank you, Yes Tega kay is agreat place I dis check the area out. Well, I will save $ up and venture back there again with my family. I do have there school calander in fort mill so I will make sure I am there before the vaction to visit all the middle schools including Gold. Thank you again.
Ice

Old 01-26-2007, 07:44 PM

[quote=ascaffo;308146]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
We live in Tega Cay which butts up (I really need to find a better word for this...anybody have any ideas?

How about Tega Cay adjoins Fort Mill? Of course, butts up works just fine.
well, thanks...I took your suggestion and just used "adjoins" in one of my other posts

Old 01-26-2007, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icelady View Post
Thank you, Yes Tega kay is agreat place I dis check the area out. Well, I will save $ up and venture back there again with my family. I do have there school calander in fort mill so I will make sure I am there before the vaction to visit all the middle schools including Gold. Thank you again.
Ice
Your very welcome, and all the best to you and yours!

Old 01-27-2007, 06:40 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,907,856 times
As usual, lovesthemountains said basically what I was going to say. Of the two, Ft. Mill has the "better" schools, though Clover's are very good as well. I include Clover because my brother's family lives there and they love the schools. You can get more house for the $ in the Clover area as well. That's why they built out that way. Plus, there's some really beautiful country out there. Both are nice areas, but if $$ is not an issue, Ft. Mill's a good choice.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:12 AM

Thanks friendnc I hoping o visi for mill again. I will check Clovers schools. When I am there. Iknow the prices are rising in for mill. I would have to move soon to buy a house there.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:23 PM

2 posts, read 8,543 times
Let me weigh in here. I am a middle school teacher in Clover. Clover provides more affordable housing than Fort Mill. Our schools offer smaller class sizes, we are updating technology everyday. The teachers in Clover are highly qualified, loving professionals who will give your child what he or she needs to succeed. If you look at the rate of teachers leaving Clover schools to the rate of those leaving Fort Mill you will see teachers who are happy and content. This says a lot for the administration of Clover Schools. Teachers are leaving Fort Mill to teach in Clover. We offer your child an excellent education is a safe, small town environment second to none. I have taught in other Sc schools, as well as GA, PA, and KY. I would go nowhere else, even for more money. The level of support I get professionally here is awesome. I moved my two children to Clover schools when we lived out of district. Our test scores Fort Mill schools are great schools. But we here in Clover are working hard to make our schools superior because we value children and eduacation.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:09 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendnc View Post
As usual, lovethemountains said basically what I was going to say. Of the two, Ft. Mill has the "better" schools, though Clover's are very good as well. I include Clover because my brother's family lives there and they love the schools. You can get more house for the $ in the Clover area as well. That's why they built out that way. Plus, there's some really beautiful country out there. Both are nice areas, but if $$ is not an issue, Ft. Mill's a good choice.
So sweet of you to give me credit for lovesthecarolinas post Once again we have been confused with one another, which I find puts me in good company

BTW, good info on Fort Mill and Clover. I would totally agree with everything already stated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties