Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2016, 06:54 AM

10 posts, read 9,174 times

Advertisements

I am getting a new job where the hours may start at 8am. The problem is my daughter's school opens at around 7:15am and sometimes taking 77 takes an hour to get uptown. Does anyone know of shortcuts to get to the NODA area uptown in the mornings?

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 11:03 AM

625 posts, read 489,769 times
Can you have your daughter take the school bus so that you can leave earlier? That's what I did with my son so that I can be on the road by 6:50 AM.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:33 PM

850 posts, read 2,652,083 times
There used to be shortcuts until everyone starting moving down here. A few years ago, I would drop my son off at school at 7:15 and make it to downtown in 25ish min. There was a wreck a few times a month, not a big deal. Now with all of the traffic, if you don't leave by 6:30 you are pretty much sitting in traffic all the way up 77.
21 is slammed, Harrisburg road is slammed, 521 is slammed, south Blvd is slammed, park road is slammed, really no other option except driving up 77.
Good luck!

Old 11-18-2016, 06:19 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,302,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooketolly View Post
I am getting a new job where the hours may start at 8am. The problem is my daughter's school opens at around 7:15am and sometimes taking 77 takes an hour to get uptown. Does anyone know of shortcuts to get to the NODA area uptown in the mornings?

Thanks so much!
Can you ask your job for flexibility while you determine the best schedule, and ask that your hours start at 8:30 a.m. with the goal of eventually being 8:00 a.m. once you figure out a plan for getting your child to school?

Do you have a spouse or partner that can help out with morning dropoffs so that you can leave and get to work on time?

Do you have a neighbor with a child that goes to the same school that can take your daughter every morning (and you can give a couple bucks towards gas as a thank you each week)?

Old 11-22-2016, 02:52 PM

261 posts, read 480,657 times
With traffic as heavy as it is now, you are pretty much looking at an hour, period. Shortcut or no shortcut. My suggestion is to use Waze or another mapping app to help you get around traffic. I used to drive to uptown at least 4 days a week and with Waze my drive was usually no longer than an hour.

The above suggestions are also good. If you can leave early or start your job later, that's probably the best bet.

Old 11-25-2016, 12:52 AM

1,218 posts, read 2,991,831 times
Shortcut? Everyone else uses them if they exist. South Blvd wont be any better. You can go 49, but also will hit traffic. You can try 485 to 74 north, but youll be crippled on 74. SO there really isnt a solution as far as driving goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties