Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2012, 08:06 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,545,327 times

Advertisements

For the last couple of days, when I click the quick reputation option, it takes me to the screen that would normally appear if I had clicked the scales instead. Then, when I just click "give reputation" without a comment, it tells me I can't rep the same post twice. Is this just me, or???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 08:10 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,925,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
For the last couple of days, when I click the quick reputation option, it takes me to the screen that would normally appear if I had clicked the scales instead. Then, when I just click "give reputation" without a comment, it tells me I can't rep the same post twice. Is this just me, or???
Just you maybe. When I click the quick reputation option, it gives the quick reputation and posts "Thanks for increasing this user's reputation!"

Old 09-01-2012, 08:15 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,702,684 times
I'm having problems with repping, as well. I click once and nothing happens I click it a second time and it says you cannot rep the same post twice. I'm not sure what's going on with it.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:29 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,925,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I'm having problems with repping, as well. I click once and nothing happens I click it a second time and it says you cannot rep the same post twice. I'm not sure what's going on with it.
That appears to be a different issue. Sometimes the rep routine appears slow. It appears that the rep is accepted, but the reply is slow, so when you click again, you get the "you cannot rep the same post twice".

Old 09-02-2012, 02:28 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,904,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I have been getting this for months after typing the rep comment...so I click it once, won't go, then twice to get it to send, then get that message...I hope they are going through

Old 09-02-2012, 02:45 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,037,129 times
Since Firefox crashed on me a week or two ago ..my boys installed Chrome. I don't see many pics or JPG's in posts, depending on source I guess. Also when I rep using scales the window stays up until i click a second time then the "You cannot rep this post twice window comes up. It's a pia ....gonna dump Chrome soon as the boys arrive in a couple weeks.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:17 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,702,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Since Firefox crashed on me a week or two ago ..my boys installed Chrome. I don't see many pics or JPG's in posts, depending on source I guess. Also when I rep using scales the window stays up until i click a second time then the "You cannot rep this post twice window comes up. It's a pia ....gonna dump Chrome soon as the boys arrive in a couple weeks.
Thanks for the info. Perhaps Chrome is the problem. I just switched to Chrome because I wanted to see my Facebook page as it was, not in the timeline format they switched me to involuntarily. My friend told me if I switched to Chrome, and used their app, I'd be able to see my FB page as it was originally, and it worked, but it may have messed up my repping.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:53 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,049,876 times
I use a Galaxy tablet and am not able to leave a comment when I rep a post. It annoyed me at first but now I notice I also rcv anon. reps, so maybe mobile vs cable has something to do with it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum