Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 04:13 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times

Advertisements

There are not one, not two, but FOUR threads on the front page of the General U.S. Forum regarding illegal immigrants. Can any (or all) be moved to the Politics sub-section? Can they be combined? Maybe they should have their own forum? I dunno...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2007, 04:30 PM

152 posts, read 732,222 times
Default Canadian Employers in dire need of help

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
There are not one, not two, but FOUR threads on the front page of the General U.S. Forum regarding illegal immigrants. Can any (or all) be moved to the Politics sub-section? Can they be combined? Maybe they should have their own forum? I dunno...
Perhaps tied in with this....I read that Canadian Employers are bringing in foreigners to do simple jobs as stocking shelves. Canada has a severe labour shortage. Maybe there is more opportunity up there these days ...Any way I'am tired of hearing about the situation myself....

Old 01-03-2007, 05:04 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
I think they should at least allllll be moved to the "politics" section.

I try soooooo hard to avoid politics (ok, maybe not so hard) but then those political threads creep into "general US" and I'm a goner.

Help us, mods, help us!

Old 01-03-2007, 05:38 PM

454 posts, read 906,162 times
You asked, they delivered!

Old 01-03-2007, 05:41 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
Quote:
You asked, they delivered!
There is a dog!

Old 01-03-2007, 07:09 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times
2 out of 4 moved. Much more tolerable. Thank you!

Old 01-03-2007, 10:37 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,394,538 times
Thank you!

I was about to complain myself. It was getting out of hand. I used to read the Politics forum but would rarely ever post, and then in the past few weeks, I've just found the posts in it so ignornat, infuriating and annoying that I stopped even reading it, and then they started invading the main board and even though I wasn't reading the threads, just seeing the thread titles pop up over and over again was irritating. Enough is enough. It was beginning to resemble the Minuteman website. Sheesh. People can say what they want to say but I just prefer that it be in the proper part of the forum so that those of us on this site not looking to enter into the political fray and have a more lighthearted online experience don't have to deal with it. Thanks mods, and thanks Christina for bringing this to their attention.

Last edited by dullnboring; 01-03-2007 at 11:25 PM..

Old 01-04-2007, 12:33 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
I second (third, fourth, etc.) the motion!! I am sick to DEATH of hearing that topic pounded into the ground... I'd really appreciate having them restricted to one section, so I can easily avoid them from now on.

I haven't checked to see what's been moved already, but if it hasn't been done, can we include the threads on California's boards? That's my "home board", and it's also littered with that stuff.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:53 AM

106 posts, read 583,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I second (third, fourth, etc.) the motion!! I am sick to DEATH of hearing that topic pounded into the ground... I'd really appreciate having them restricted to one section, so I can easily avoid them from now on.

I haven't checked to see what's been moved already, but if it hasn't been done, can we include the threads on California's boards? That's my "home board", and it's also littered with that stuff.
You know, you can ignore these threads. Just don't read them.

Apparently, this is an important topic for people and they wouldn't bring it up unless it was. While it might spark some hot debate, it's still something that's out there. Might bring out the worst in people but that's nothing new is it?

Old 01-04-2007, 06:59 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proeye View Post
You know, you can ignore these threads. Just don't read them.

Apparently, this is an important topic for people and they wouldn't bring it up unless it was. While it might spark some hot debate, it's still something that's out there. Might bring out the worst in people but that's nothing new is it?
Kinda hard to ignore the inflammatory subject headings, which clutter up every forum... of course you can avoid clicking on them, but what's wrong with keeping them in one place? That way, if you don't even want to see the titles, it's easier to avoid this altogether. I'm not suggesting they should all be removed, just organized under an appropriate heading.

P.S. I see the moderators have done this, so thank you very much!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum