Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2017, 07:25 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times

Advertisements

DHS explores transforming immigration without Congress - CNNPolitics

So the Trump administration is already working on tightening visas for LEGAL immigration. You see white people believe they are entitled to whatever jobs they want or don't want, so to have third world immigrants taking their job brings out a lot of fury in them. Trump rode that wave of resentment straight to the top.

Overall foreign student applications are dropping as many foreigners don't feel comfortable in the United States anymore.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...ranging-modest

God forbid Trump get reelected. Meanwhile more students will go to Europe or Canada or stay in their home nations, as the United States closes itself off somewhat, and as students and foreigners fear violence against themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 07:44 AM

Sadly, the stuff that immigrants of third world countries value, like moving to American and working one's way up, is stuff that has Trump's base seeing blood. They believe significant opportunities should be reserved for them, white americans, and yes the Trump administration will weaken enforcement of the anti discrimination laws.

The only thing that can stop this is if the American public hates Trump and comes out in big numbers against him and the Republicans in 2018 and 2020. If that happens and legal protections against minorities are restored, then great.

If the Republicans win in 2018, and in 2020, then Trump will appoint at least two conservatives to the Supreme Court and minority rights as well as third world immigration will be completely OVER and done.

There's no other way to say it. Already Trump is getting rid of federal protections for gays and make no mistake, Blacks and other minorities are next.

If Trump wins a second term, and really if the Republicans win in 2018 there is absolutely no point in anyone coming here from a third world country or wanting to come here. Why come to a nation where people will essentially want you dead because of your race? At a certain point people of color will need to continue to build up their own nations. Not everyone can move to the US, nor can the US shoulder the whole world's burden.

With that said, it's sad and appalling we have a Nazi for a President, and it's just going to be ugly for many people for awhile.

Old 10-13-2017, 04:28 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,540,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
, WHERE in the Caribbean have you helped. Stop making endless excuses and justifications. If you care about the region, do something to help.

I know that you harbor your intense hatred of the English speaking Caribbean. I wrote lengthily about Dominica and even left a link as to how people can contribute.

But Dominica doesn't matter so you scream that I have done NOTHING.

In fact my mission has been over the last 3 weeks to go every where that I can and draw attention to the fact that Dominica is in dire straits, especially as 100% of the attention has been swallowed by Puerto Rico. This in addition to contributing hundreds of dollars.

I can assure you that unless you sent stuff and funds DIRECTLY to those places it went to Puerto Rico.

noteworthy is that there is no mention of Dominica or Barbuda from you.

I guess poor black people who aren't US citizens are sub humans who don't need any help.

Old 10-13-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
country, and you're still behind on the issues that people from developed nations have to contend with, including healthcare costs that not only would wipe out the poor you hate, but the so called skilled workers you claim to worship.

In fact being a foreigner I see things about this country that you don't. It is often the outsider who notices things that the insider doesn't.

I repeat. If this country is so racist and so uninterested in incorporating upward mobility among blacks why will they listen to your BLM demands? Those who moves resources will ignore you and use you to mobilize the others who will then give them the political power that they need to enact their agendas.

This country is about money. They value those who add to their ability to amass wealth and despise those who don't.

I know this about YOUR country. Apparently you don't.

Think on this. I have been an adult living in YOUR country maybe as long as you have been alive, if you are a Millennial. This means that I have experienced life in this country longer than you have. I have had a broader range of experiences in this country, as a graduate student, as a corporate executive and now as a self employed consultant. Most of this time I have also been involved in a variety of community activities, ranging from helping small businesses grow, to mentoring youth.

So spare me your nonsense that I don't understand this country. I do and a whole lot better than you do.

Asians are better regarded than are blacks of any ethnicity because they are seen as bringing value. And also seen as not making incessant demands. This is even though Asians are culturally more distant from white Americans than are most American blacks.

Romney expressed an opinion that most of the governing elites do. Their disdain for the "Takers". If you think that black elites have a tough time in this land of yours dream again. Oprah, Barack and the others are very chummy with the movers and shakers of this country. The elites love to have a token wealthy black are two so that they can convince themselves that structural racism is over.

Want to gain respect in this USA. Try not to be seen as a "Taker". This is why the white working class are held with the same disdain as are blacks, though at least their racist ignorance can be manipulated to all Wall Street Tycoons and Robber Barons to continue to rule this land.

But continue to march as if anyone hears you. They don't!

Old 10-13-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
DHS explores transforming immigration without Congress - CNNPolitics

So the Trump administration is already working on tightening visas for LEGAL immigration. States closes itself off somewhat, and as students and foreigners fear violence against themselves.

When the legal immigration was being tightened by the US Congress and the Clinton administration not one of those "immigrant advocates" cared. What they do want is an endless horde of disenfranchised undocumented migrants who can be used to cut their lawns and care for their babies at token cost.

Trump is merely continuing a trend begun by Clinton, and continued by Bush and Obama. CLINTON, BUSH and OBAMA!!! And as an immigrant I know where more about this then you do as I had to go through this process. You did NOT!

What proposals do you see to increase the ability of people to migrate legally TO the USA. NONE. Since Clinton they reduced the categories of immigrants who can be sponsored. They have increased the costs of obtaining a green card and also the cost of applying for citizenship.

During the Clinton years many who were illegally in the USA, either entering without a visa or overstaying a non immigrant visa was barred for re-entry to the USA. In addition even those not barred from permanent re-entry had to return home to have the application processed. This potentially taking many years, breaking apart families. So if some one entered on a student visa and got married and so wanted an adjustment of their status they had to return home to their countries.

You know nothing about the immigrant process. All you know is the propaganda that Mexicans spout. They didn't legally enter this country going through the process that green card holders did. They did NOTHING when Clinton made legal immigration easier. And in fact all they want is unfettered access to the USA by a bunch of people who have no interest in residing here. But for further tightening of the border that happened under Bush and continued under Obama many Mexicans would prefer to leave their families in that country as living costs are cheaper.

Old 10-13-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Sadly, the stuff that immigrants of third world countries value, like moving to American and working one's way up, is stuff that has Trump's base seeing blood. .

Who cares what a bunch of opioid addicted illiterates with their white identity victimhood politics think. Many nonwhite immigrants arrive in this country and achieve more upward mobility than they do, Even despite racism AND xenophobia that they must face.

This is the difference between many nonwhite immigrants and many disenfranchised Americans, including those inflicted with white identity victimhood. We don't care about what those who hate us think. We don't depend on those who hate us to achieve their goals. And we know that life is hard, success isn't assured but failure is definitely going to happen if effort isn't expended.

In fact earlier generations of black Americans did also. Even in the midst of the de jure Jim Crow of the South and the de facto Jim Crow of the North, they persevered both as individuals and on a group basis.

What today's nonwhite immigrants and yesterday's black Americans knew is that if white people didn't like them that was THEIR problem, NOT ours! Trump is a bump in the road and even the GOP will soon tire of him. I suggest that people instead focus on taking back the House and the Senate so that Trump can be dealt with.

If the GOP lose Congress Trump can tweet as he wishes as he takes his early morning bathroom run.

The reality is that most white Americans are way more comfortable with nonwhites than they were even 30 years ago. Not necessarily the country hicks but certainly those who matter. So this doom and gloom hysteria that you paint is truly disappointing.

Old 10-14-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Who cares what a bunch of opioid addicted illiterates with their white identity victimhood politics think. Many nonwhite immigrants arrive in this country and achieve more upward mobility than they do, Even despite racism AND xenophobia that they must face.

This is the difference between many nonwhite immigrants and many disenfranchised Americans, including those inflicted with white identity victimhood. We don't care about what those who hate us think. We don't depend on those who hate us to achieve their goals. And we know that life is hard, success isn't assured but failure is definitely going to happen if effort isn't expended.

In fact earlier generations of black Americans did also. Even in the midst of the de jure Jim Crow of the South and the de facto Jim Crow of the North, they persevered both as individuals and on a group basis.

What today's nonwhite immigrants and yesterday's black Americans knew is that if white people didn't like them that was THEIR problem, NOT ours! Trump is a bump in the road and even the GOP will soon tire of him. I suggest that people instead focus on taking back the House and the Senate so that Trump can be dealt with.

If the GOP lose Congress Trump can tweet as he wishes as he takes his early morning bathroom run.

The reality is that most white Americans are way more comfortable with nonwhites than they were even 30 years ago. Not necessarily the country hicks but certainly those who matter. So this doom and gloom hysteria that you paint is truly disappointing.
It's your problem as the government curtails LEGAL immigration. It's your problem if the government eradicated the civil rights laws, which are the only reason non white immigrants get any professional employment and that is the same for African Americans. Of course we'll need to see how the congressional elections play out in 2018 and if Trump gets reelected in 2020.

Oh, of course non white immigrants do indeed care how well they will be received in America. Foreign student applications have dropped dramatically post Trump's election. As for African Americans, of course they cared what white people thought of them. Moving into an all white neighborhood could get them assaulted or killed. They had to be careful of where they went and were often restricted from living in certain neighborhoods.

Old 10-14-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
When the legal immigration was being tightened by the US Congress and the Clinton administration not one of those "immigrant advocates" cared. What they do want is an endless horde of disenfranchised undocumented migrants who can be used to cut their lawns and care for their babies at token cost.

Trump is merely continuing a trend begun by Clinton, and continued by Bush and Obama. CLINTON, BUSH and OBAMA!!! And as an immigrant I know where more about this then you do as I had to go through this process. You did NOT!

What proposals do you see to increase the ability of people to migrate legally TO the USA. NONE. Since Clinton they reduced the categories of immigrants who can be sponsored. They have increased the costs of obtaining a green card and also the cost of applying for citizenship.

During the Clinton years many who were illegally in the USA, either entering without a visa or overstaying a non immigrant visa was barred for re-entry to the USA. In addition even those not barred from permanent re-entry had to return home to have the application processed. This potentially taking many years, breaking apart families. So if some one entered on a student visa and got married and so wanted an adjustment of their status they had to return home to their countries.

You know nothing about the immigrant process. All you know is the propaganda that Mexicans spout. They didn't legally enter this country going through the process that green card holders did. They did NOTHING when Clinton made legal immigration easier. And in fact all they want is unfettered access to the USA by a bunch of people who have no interest in residing here. But for further tightening of the border that happened under Bush and continued under Obama many Mexicans would prefer to leave their families in that country as living costs are cheaper.
So again those changes would affect and reduce immigration across the board from third world countries and the fact that it simply accelerated under Trump does not mean that legal immigration itself isn't still under attack. Should Republicans do well in 2018 with Trump winning in 2020 expect far harsher curtailment. As for your comments about drug addicts, white drug addicts like Bush can be the President. They have white privilege going on, and no amount of work from third world immigrants can ever counter that. And they come from developed white societies, not impoverished illiterate nations.

Old 10-14-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
In fact being a foreigner I see things about this country that you don't. It is often the outsider who notices things that the insider doesn't.

I repeat. If this country is so racist and so uninterested in incorporating upward mobility among blacks why will they listen to your BLM demands? Those who moves resources will ignore you and use you to mobilize the others who will then give them the political power that they need to enact their agendas.

This country is about money. They value those who add to their ability to amass wealth and despise those who don't.

I know this about YOUR country. Apparently you don't.

Think on this. I have been an adult living in YOUR country maybe as long as you have been alive, if you are a Millennial. This means that I have experienced life in this country longer than you have. I have had a broader range of experiences in this country, as a graduate student, as a corporate executive and now as a self employed consultant. Most of this time I have also been involved in a variety of community activities, ranging from helping small businesses grow, to mentoring youth.

So spare me your nonsense that I don't understand this country. I do and a whole lot better than you do.

Asians are better regarded than are blacks of any ethnicity because they are seen as bringing value. And also seen as not making incessant demands. This is even though Asians are culturally more distant from white Americans than are most American blacks.

Romney expressed an opinion that most of the governing elites do. Their disdain for the "Takers". If you think that black elites have a tough time in this land of yours dream again. Oprah, Barack and the others are very chummy with the movers and shakers of this country. The elites love to have a token wealthy black are two so that they can convince themselves that structural racism is over.

Want to gain respect in this USA. Try not to be seen as a "Taker". This is why the white working class are held with the same disdain as are blacks, though at least their racist ignorance can be manipulated to all Wall Street Tycoons and Robber Barons to continue to rule this land.

But continue to march as if anyone hears you. They don't!
Oh third world immigrants are takers in the US. They are taking jobs and physical space that white Americans want reserved for them. It's what you don't want to accept, but no white nationalist gives a damn about someone from a backward, illiterate, uncivilized country moving to the US and getting an education they want reserved for their own kind.

The white working class generally owns more property and assets than professional immigrants. It's their country. Bill and Hillary, both from the white working class can move to the top of society in ways that third world immigrants simply cannot.

Old 10-15-2017, 02:57 AM

I think people should be able to live wherever they want. However, rich societies like the US cannot take in everyone from Guyana, Mexico, Pakistan, etc.

It's up to people from those countries and those societies to fix their nations. The 80s American immigrant dream of more or less completely forgetting your home country and just moving up in the states is a DEAD dream, with all the political and socioeconomic issues we currently face. Legal immigration is being curtailed.

In order to fight back further erosions, those immigrants with voting rights will have to organize with (gasp) working class Americans, labor unions (all the commoner stuff you hate) in order to be able to have any chance at life in the states.

And yes, CaribNY, though you maybe OLD, you still don't comprehend the issues in the states for the bulk of American families.

Across the economic and racial spectrum, all American families deal with government programs as older members of our family get social security and get care from Medicare. If our older relatives have to go to the nursing home (something that depletes family savings). And yes, medicaid will even take that elder person's house and other assets, and yes this affects middle class Americans of ALL races. You had no parents here, and this isn't something that has effected your family YET. Though if your health fails, and if you have children and grandchildren this is something that MAY affect your family in the future.

You haven't had a health crisis apparently, so you can ignore everything and just dream of Reagan's American dream (which is dead on many levels).

The situation many first generation Americans find themselves is not that great. They won't have the same job opportunities as opioid addict white Americans (who just have to clean themselves up). As for pursing education, the cost of a good education is very prohibitive. Yes the top 5% of any high school can apply to reputable universities, but a huge chunk of first generation Americans are going to go to CUNY and that's if they go to college at all. And CUNY severely limits one's opportunities. (Just speaking in the NYC context).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa