Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2019, 03:46 AM

220 posts, read 125,248 times

Advertisements

Also everyone(specifically African-Americans) notice how that self-hating coward Nywriterdude IGNORED this post. This post showing instruments from the West African Sahel(the region I been mentioning) still used among African-Americans. You can go back to that post and read the quotes yourself. Like I said Africans from the Sahel or regions with lots of Muslim practitioners in West Africa didn't use a lot of polyrhythm/percussion but mostly string instruments. Instead instruments like the Diddley Bow.
Quote:
The "diddley bow" is similiar to an African one-string instrument. It may well have been the first instrument that produced the sound of sliding rhythm and the whines and cries of a single string that later became the distinctive sound known today as the "Blues". It was common to the rural south in the 1800's and was made by taking a piece of broom or cotton wire and stretching it between two nails tied to the side of a wooden frame house, with a bottle or "snuff can" wedged under the wire to create tension for pitch. The string was plucked while sliding a piece of metal or glass on it to produce notes.
https://www.sablues.org/feature/features8.htm

Quote:
The diddley bow may have been the first instrument that produced the sound of sliding rhythm and the whines and cries of a single string that later became the distinctive sound known today as the "Blues". It was common to the rural south in the 1800's and was made by taking a piece of broom or cotton wire and stretching it between two nails tied to the side of a wooden frame house, with a bottle or "snuff can" wedged under the wire to create tension for pitch. The string was plucked while sliding a piece of metal or glass on it to produce notes. The "diddley bow" is similiar to an African one-string instrument that was called an "Umakweyana."
https://www.littletobywalker.com/diddley-bow.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiOxn4Y9cJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2GlAA5iiG8

The African one string instrument in West African Sahel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3Y3f9H41RU

So to my African-Americans/ADOS its important that you STUDY and RESEARCH your rich culture/history or else you would believe the lies said by people like Nywriterdude and these Dominicans who have an agenda against us. We need more knowledgeable people to protect our culture from liars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
The West African Sahel/Islamic influence on Afram culture has sh*t to do with the cult known as the Nation of Islam. Actual scholars have been noted the influence. This is what I mean with you self-hating Afram Pan-Afrianist who don't know crap about early Afram conditions.

Banjo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjo

Mouth bow

http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tm...sical_bow.html

Diddley bow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diddley_bow

The Quills(pan pipes)

The Quills are a early American folk panpipe, first noted in the early part of the 19th century among Afro-American slaves in the south. They are aerophones, and fall into the panpipe family. They are assumed to be of African origin, since similar instruments are found in various parts of Africa, and they were first used by 1st and 2nd generation Africans in America.
http://www.sohl.com/Quills/Quills.htm

Kazoo

http://www.kazoos.com/historye.htm

Blues Fife

http://www.academia.edu/922424/_Stuf..._Fife_and_Drum

All of these instruments payed a key role in the early development of the blues...
"The Memphis Jug Band was an American musical group in the late 1920s and early to mid 1930s.The band featured harmonicas, violins, mandolins, banjos, and guitars, backed by washboards, kazoo, and jugs blown to supply the bass; they played in a variety of musical styles."

^^These are all early AA instruments that played a key role in the development of the Blues but more importantly they came from the West African Sahel which has Islamic influence. And when I mean West African Islamic influence I mean areas of West Africa where people practiced Islam i.e the West Africa Sahel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 05:03 AM

264 posts, read 136,466 times
What evidence dude? that collection of random links proves nothing, even flat earthers can come up with a bunch of books and links to "prove' their nonsense. You are not the first to believe this nonsense, so, other believers of the fantasy have written books before you that you now quote them. That the way all fabrication works, its a self quoting movement.

Admite it that you hate the fact that african americans descend from a west africans and you are desperaterely trying to hook your descendancy to any great civilization you could find, jews, muslims, olmecs, whatever, it does not mater, what maters is not to be african !!!

you have brought self hating to a new level.

But as i say, this behavior is not new. its been going on for decades. (rastafariasnism, Black hebrews, black moors, nation of islam) are only a few examples of this.

the problem is you cant cover the sun.

Last edited by Grabandgo; 08-17-2019 at 05:19 AM..

Old 08-17-2019, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
What evidence dude? that collection of random links proves nothing, even flat earthers can come up with a bunch of books and links to "prove' their nonsense. You are not the first to believe this nonsense, so, other believers of the fantasy have written books before you that you now quote them. That the way all fabrication works, its a self quoting movement.

Admite it that you hate the fact that african americans descend from a west africans and you are desperaterely trying to hook your descendancy to any great civilization you could find, jews, muslims, olmecs, whatever, it does not mater, what maters is not to be african !!!

But as i say, this behavior is not new. its been going on for decades. (rastafariasnism, Black hebrews, black moors, nation of islam) are only a few examples of this.

Translation=I have no argument. Just projections.

Next time keep my people's culture out your filthy mouth. And as for the bolded DUMBASS my post were PROVING African-American culture has West African influence but from a different source. The hell? lol... How is that me being ashamed?

^^See what I mean everyone? No arguments. No refutations. Just projections and lies. Being West African and Muslim is not mutually exclusive Trujillo. If you don't want to be slapped around then next time people African-American OUT your mouth and focus on the anti-Africanism in your culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzcAx4KF4ho

Now bye Felicia... Go back to the Americas section where you guys make anti-Haitian posts.

Old 08-17-2019, 05:40 AM

According to these clowns me saying Afram culture descends from these West Africans is me being a "self-hater."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eepTTpSKtfw

The biggest group of self-haters in the diaspora are calling me a "self-hater." You can't make this **** up. LMAO! Like expected no one was able to counter anything I said. Clowns really upset they can no longer use the "well at least our culture has more African influence!" argument anymore. lol.

Old 08-17-2019, 05:59 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,963,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post

The Muslim world is broken and poor and desert. There’s really not big to be gained by affiliating with. Other African nations at least have more cultural resources.

Islam was created in the 600s. The Arabs themselves had other religions before.

The deranged Islamic crazy is among poor urban people with no education and socioeconomic mobility. It spread among people with criminal justice issues.

Honestly if they want to be Muslim
In the hour let them. No point arguing with him.

I just thank god my Sephardic Jewish ancestry opened up Europe for me, and I don’t have to deal with such foolishness.

Old 08-17-2019, 06:02 AM

Anyways for those(African-Americans) who are interested in the "African" source of African-American culture I'll post more material if you guy's want. Lets now try to ignore those with a agenda against of American descendants of slaves. I'm thinking about making a thread(if I don't get banned lol) highlighting this influence in depth. But anyways like I stated prior Mande language has influenced Gullah accent which has influenced Southern Black accents/AAVE in general.

Quote:
Dr. Lorenzo Turner recorded this song in Harris Neck, Georgia in the early 1930s from a Gullah woman named Amelia Dawley. The original version contained ten lines, as some were repeated once or twice. Over the years, the Gullah people who preserved this song changed the pronunciation slightly and deleted a number of one-syllable words, but the text is still understandable to a modern Mende speaker. In fact, the song contains a number of dialectal features characteristic of the Wanjama Mende who dwell in Pujehun District in far southern Sierra Leone, where the Mende and Vai regions border. This is a typical Mende funeral song (finya wulo) performed by women as they pound rice into flour for a sacrifice to the dead. Mende women traditionally remain in town preparing for the sacrifice while the men are in the cemetery preparing the grave. This song was probably handed down among the Gullah from mother to daughter, mother to daughter, through the generations.

The Mende spelling is somewhat altered, as the Mende alphabet contains some special linguistic symbols which cannot be used here. Translations by Momoh Koroma and the author.

Gullah Version

A wohkoh, mu mohne; kambei ya le; li leei tohmbe.
A wohkoh, mu mohne; kambei ya le; li leei ka.
Ha sa wuli nggo, sihan; kpangga li lee.
Ha sa wuli nggo; ndeli, ndi, ka.
Ha sa wuli nggo, sihan; huhan ndayia.

Modern Mende

A wa kaka, mu mohne; kambei ya le'i; lii i lei tambee.
A wa kaka, mu mohne; kambei ya le'i; lii i lei ka.
So ha a guli wohloh, i sihan; yey kpanggaa a lolohhu lee.
So ha a guli wohloh; ndi lei; ndi let, kaka.
So ha a guli wohloh, i sihan; kuhan ma wo ndayia ley.

English

Come quickly, let us work hard; the grave is not yet finished; his heart (the deceased's) is not yet perfectly cool (at peace).

Come quickly, let us work hard; the grave is not yet finished; let his heart be cool at once.

Sudden death cuts down the trees, borrows them; the remains disappear slowly.

Sudden death cuts down the trees; let it (death) be satisfied, let it be satisfied, at once.

Sudden death cuts down the trees, borrows them; a voice speaks from afar.
https://glc.yale.edu/sites/default/f...lah%20Song.pdf

But move on... The term "Hannah" in this song is a loan word(ráanáa) from the Hausa language of West Africa meaning the sun or day time. It was incorporated in AAVE as "Hannah"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qihABs5sQk

Quote:
The ancestors of slaves might have known where the name came from. In Hausa, a language widely spoken in areas of West Africa where the slave trade was common, the word for “sun” is “raanaa.”

That African music and oral tradition shaped this music is a truism. It is possible, though, that the language along the Brazos during these years maintained especially close ties to its African roots when compared to what was spoken in areas of the American South that had complied with restrictions on the slave trade.
Link

Not only that but simply words like "jukebox" even has West African Sahelian influence.

Quote:
In Gullah, there is a word jook or joog, which means disorderly or wicked. This comes from one of these West African languages, either from Bambara dzugu, meaning wicked, or from Wolof dzug, to live wickedly. (As you may guess, these languages are related. Both are members of the Niger-Congo group; Wolof is in effect the national language of Senegal, and is also spoken in Gambia; Bambara is a dialect of Mandekan, the administrative language of the old empire of Mali, now an official language of Mali and an important trade language in the area.)

The Gullah word appeared in the Black English jook house for a disorderly house, often a combination of brothel, gaming parlour and dance hall, perhaps just a shack off the road where you could get a drink of moonshine, sometimes a tavern or roadhouse providing music and the like. This was shortened back to jook and is recorded in this form from the 1930s, though — in the way of such matters — it is almost certainly much older.

The device now called a jukebox wasn't by any means new at the time — its precursors date back to the early 1890s under such names as nickel-in-the-slot phonograph, providing music from Edison wax cylinders to four patrons at a time through stethoscope-like tubes. More sophisticated versions provided music in those jooks that didn’t have their own bands. The first appearance of the term jukebox for them was in — of all places — Time magazine, in 1939: “Glenn Miller attributes his crescendo to the ‘juke-box’, which retails recorded music at 5c a shot in bars, restaurants and small roadside dance joints”. It’s gone up in price a bit since, but next time you see one, think of the long linguistic journey implied by its name.
World Wide Words: Jukebox

If there's any African-Americans who want me to post more I will.

Old 08-17-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The Muslim world is broken and poor and desert. There’s really not big to be gained by affiliating with. Other African nations at least have more cultural resources.

The deranged Islamic crazy is among poor urban people with no education and socioeconomic mobility. It spread among people with criminal justice issues.

I just thank god my Sephardic Jewish ancestry opened up Europe for me, and I don’t have to deal with such foolishness.
No one wants to be Muslim you dumbass. I don't care about Islam or the politics of it. I'm not even from these "urban" areas you talk about Muslim Aframs being from. You and that other poster are trying to project your personal agendas onto me due to being slapped around with facts. If anything I have more of an interest in Haitian Vodou(I bet you know jack about it while claiming to be a Pan-Africanists) being that I am part Haitian.

I bet you don't even know what the symbol above is....^^^

No I just refuse to let you and your Dominican friends **** on African-American culture. You trying to paint me as a person trying to Islamicize African-American culture is a pathetic attempt and anyone without an agenda can see so. You guy's claimed that African-American culture has zero African influence I showed you guy's the opposite with material and now you guy's are trying to twist my arguments. It isn't going to work.

Fact is African-American culture has influence from the West African Sahel/Sudan region.

Especially when it comes to the Blues.

Deal with it. And good stay in Europe and away from ADOS people you coon.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:05 AM

Also another ironic thing is that not only do AAs have African words in our southern accents(AAVE) as I have shown but we have more Creolized languages than these Afro-Latinos who supposedly "preserved" all their African heritage. Only Afro-Latinos I can think of are Afro Cubans/Brazilians. Outside them can't think of much. Sure some of these Creolized African-American languages may not be spoken as much today or are only in certain areas but facts remains American Descendants of Slaves managed to preserve them. I'm going to need one of the"African-Americans are the vegans of the Diaspora when it comes to African culture" people to please explain, why is it that there are virtually no surviving Creole/Patios languages in Spanish/Portuguese derived areas of Latin American but yet there are THREE, count 'em THREE surviving creole languages in the contiguous spoken by African-Americans to this day.

Louisiana Creole
Gullah/Geechie
Afro-Seminole

What happened? I thought Afro-Latinos destroyed ADOS in this regard? Again, I can only think of Afro-Cubans and maybe Brazilians.

Old 08-17-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
Also another ironic thing is that not only do AAs have African words in our southern accents(AAVE) as I have shown but we have more Creolized languages than these Afro-Latinos who supposedly "preserved" all their African heritage. Only Afro-Latinos I can think of are Afro Cubans/Brazilians. Outside them can't think of much. Sure some of these Creolized African-American languages may not be spoken as much today or are only in certain areas but facts remains American Descendants of Slaves managed to preserve them. I'm going to need one of the"African-Americans are the vegans of the Diaspora when it comes to African culture" people to please explain, why is it that there are virtually no surviving Creole/Patios languages in Spanish/Portuguese derived areas of Latin American but yet there are THREE, count 'em THREE surviving creole languages in the contiguous spoken by African-Americans to this day.

Louisiana Creole
Gullah/Geechie
Afro-Seminole

What happened? I thought Afro-Latinos destroyed ADOS in this regard? Again, I can only think of Afro-Cubans and maybe Brazilians.
Dude african americans are the least african of the diaspora. no way of denying that.
80% of the so called african heritage in the US is a fabrication. made up to fill the void left by centuries of protestantism. A puerto rican WHITE woman that practices santeria, dances plena y bomba, pray to Ogun, y Candelo, is 10000 times more african that you will ever be. Even if you have more melanine than her.

just drop it.

the black guys that claim to be olmecs have a more interesting fabrication that you. yours is sad and self hating.

the vast mayority of the fula people From Senegal and Gambia where sent to Brazil not the US as your twisted teory suggest.

Howard University, a historically black college in Washington, D.C., has assembled the largest collection of DNA records from West and Central Africa in the world, some 3,800 samples in all. The collection concentrates on ethnic groups in areas where most slaves in the United States came from.

Most blacks brought to the U.S. came from what are now Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Ghana, and Sierra Leone, all of which are in West Africa. Smaller numbers came from Senegal, the Gambia, the Congo River basin, and Angola.

https://www.infoplease.com/history/b...-african-roots

The bulk of the fula people were sent to DR, brazil and cuba you subnormal. and the fulani left little to no influence in those regions.
trere is town and a famous river Fula un DR named after the fula people that settled there.

rent a house there and learn some history.

https://www.airbnb.com/things-to-do/places/2480270

you see Dominicans dont have to fabricate their history it is right there!!!

we dont only have words or accents we still speak the yoruba language you retard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucum%C3%AD_language

Traditionally, the Fulani (or Fulbe, Fula people, Peul or Hausa-Fulani) were nomadic herders across West Africa from the Senegal River Valley. Their adventure begins in the Tagant section of Mauritania, more or less in the Sahara desert-Sahel border, according to the historians Linda Heywood and John Thornton. Originating there explains why so many Fulbe are lighter-skinned, with straighter hair than most Africans in the same region. In the areas further south, they stand out, often having been described as "mulattoes" by visitors from Europe, say the historians. These features also led Colonial-era researchers to think of them as a mixed-race group, giving the Fulbe "a high place" in Europeans' estimation.

Fulbe communities were divided into two groups: an elite who were strongly Muslim, many of whom were scholars of the Torodbe group; and the non-Muslim commoners, who specialized in raising cattle and fighting.

does that sounds like african americans to you?stop making sit up. Most of the afrocan americans are Ebe, Yoruba, Fon.
stop trying to cling to a Muslim root that is not there.

Last edited by Grabandgo; 08-17-2019 at 12:57 PM..

Old 08-17-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

You have your jewish ascendancy clear and was examined by the Spanish authorities and found to be real. good job for that! it is not easy to do it after so many generations. Your story is not a fabrication, it is real and was proven.

the issue i am having is why there is this need among AAs to do not accept the fact that they come straight from pagan africans, and insist into clinging into whatever faint idea of something else, what ever else, but not that?

Latin americans are not even majority black but have preserved way more african culture, and they do not go around trying to claim some other link (even when the link is there!!!!!!). all comes to the damage done by Protestantism and the inferiority complex created from the fact that in the eyes of the white man, west africans didn't develop a "great civilization" as the olmec, jews, Egyptians, moors or any other culture AAS try to hook themselves into. Pretty sad indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa