Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2019, 11:47 AM

2,653 posts, read 2,094,782 times

Advertisements

For 4 pages i slumber, who awoken me........oh.

This bunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2019, 04:42 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,041,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
More on these possible linkages

The Forum, volume 70: p. 1793 & p. 1798
And continuing on.

The New Republic, Volume 35, p. 177

Crisis, Volumes 27-28, p. 9

The Crisis, Volumes 22-24, p.273

I'm not saying there wasn't any merit to his rhetoric or that he didn't sound the alarm about what is now known as the Eur-Africa & Eur-Asia projects (ongoing to this day), just that one should be careful about lack of critique & criticism.

None of them Douglas, Washington, Carver, DuBois, King, Malik, Ali, Elijah, (yes I know there were also dynamic women) etc. none of them were ever considered "messiahs" above scrutiny due to cults of personality.

Devils can come in many shapes & guises.

Last edited by kovert; 11-14-2019 at 05:54 PM..

Old 11-16-2019, 01:19 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,041,562 times
Quote:
Biblically and biologically, Black Hebrew Israelites see themselves as descendants of the Twelve Tribes of Israel. In the Old Testament, each tribe was named for a son of Jacob, himself the grandson of Abraham. They believe their ancestors were expelled from Israel in the year 70 A.D., then emigrated to West Africa, and were exported to North America as slaves. Today, they believe, the original Israelite tribes have modern equivalents: “the Negroes,” Puerto Ricans, American Indians, and nine other groups of brown-skinned New World inhabitants. They hold a grudge, meanwhile, against “continental Africans” who they believe sold them to the white man.

Of course, “real” Jews don’t consider them Jewish, and vice versa. Tom Metzger, the notorious leader of White Aryan Resistance, once said about them, “They’re the black counterpart of us.”
Village Voice:Black Hebrew Israelites

Quote:
A white supremacist leader, Tom Metzger, once said of extremist Hebrew Israelites, “They’re the black counterparts of us,” according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

The extremist white theology is known as Christian Identity, which has had some affiliated congregations in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky.

Hebrew Israelites believe African-Americans are God’s chosen people. The movement goes by several affiliated names.
Chicago Sun Times: What to know about Black Hebrew Israelites, the group in that Covington Catholic video

Quote:
She nearly laughed aloud: a Nazi prisoner of war and an African-American US Army officer in the middle of World War II? Ridiculous.
NYPost:The secret romance of a black Army nurse and Nazi POW

Again, devils (and their collaborators) can come in many shapes & guises.

And again, not about name pointing nor calling, but about the importance of critique & criticism.

Last edited by kovert; 11-16-2019 at 01:45 PM..

Old 11-16-2019, 05:57 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,965,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
In fact Europeans think that white Americans are equally ridiculous. The mere fact that someone has a last name which originated in Ireland makes one "Irish". Most white Americans have ancestries from all over Europe, and more of them than they think also have non Euro ancestries as well.

Americans of any group, claiming unique authenticity to a specific group based on assumed ancestry are being ridiculous.
Keep in mind in places like NYC there are white Americans whose parent or grandparents came over in the 20th century who have direct and immediate ties to whatever European country, including IMMEDIATE family.

Old 11-16-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
In fact Europeans think that white Americans are equally ridiculous. The mere fact that someone has a last name which originated in Ireland makes one "Irish". Most white Americans have ancestries from all over Europe, and more of them than they think also have non Euro ancestries as well.

Americans of any group, claiming unique authenticity to a specific group based on assumed ancestry are being ridiculous.
White Americans are in Europe in no small numbers, as expatriates and also as dual citizens. Any white American with resources and education can go to Europe whenever they want to and will be able to work out ways to stay long term if not permanently.

White privilege works internationally.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:18 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,065,277 times
caribny,

You arguments are just lost and baseless. I just can't engage. Africans wouldn't look at me in any other way but being a fellow African. No one is screaming that blacks are being killed in huge numbers (incarcerated and targeted yes). I'm not sure why you keep making these comments? You chose to come to an African forum and say how bad Africa is and its not. Africa is for some and not for others and I've said this much. African Americans are disenfranchised in the county they built this is a sad fact. There is a place for them in Africa or any place they want to be, if that is the US, Asia, Europe, Africa who are you to care?

Old 11-18-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
caribny,

You arguments are just lost and baseless. I just can't engage. Africans wouldn't look at me in any other way but being a fellow African. No one is screaming that blacks are being killed in huge numbers (incarcerated and targeted yes). I'm not sure why you keep making these comments? You chose to come to an African forum and say how bad Africa is and its not. Africa is for some and not for others and I've said this much. African Americans are disenfranchised in the county they built this is a sad fact. There is a place for them in Africa or any place they want to be, if that is the US, Asia, Europe, Africa who are you to care?
CaribNY I think is confused and narrow minded. Her invested a lot of emotion in immigrating you the US, so he is shocked when any American works or studies overseas or gets dual citizenship.

In the end it’s whatever, African Americans, just like anyone one else can use their brains to figure out how to live in other countries. If someone works in a supermarket and has difficulty getting a visa, they can go to school, her an education abd with sufficient education getting a visa will be a lot easier.

Or some people get citizenship through marrying people from whatever country.

I also think outside if his home country and the US, he has not extensively lived overseas. Just taking short vacations.

Let him hate.

I have African Americans friends who have lived in Africa for years. Everyone should do what they individually want to do, and there is nothing wrong with you discussing or suggesting at a minimum people visit or move to Africa or simply learn more about it.

Keep going after what you’re interested in, and screw haters.

CaribNY used to always talk about how much better West Indians are than African Americans. Then Trump became President and he got scared that the US might not viable for him and he might want to consider going back to Guyana. I think CaribNY is doing this out of FEAR.

As for people from third world countries still coming to the US, there are people who believe all Americans are filthy rich and that they will get that way by coming to America. Of course the reality is far different.

With that said, regardless if whether they are native or immigrant, NY and large Blacks have been pushed to the very margins of the most expensive cities, in the worst and most dangerous neighborhoods, where people have to deal with gang violence caused by decades of degradation/marginalization after slavery, on top of mass incarceration.

It’s actual a disgrace for a Black person to hate so much. If someone wants to move to wherever, one should wish them the best of luck. If they hate it they can always move elsewhere. If they live it, it’s even better.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:20 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,065,277 times
NyWriterdude,

Thank you for your response and encouragement. A lot of what you wrote makes a lot of sense!

Old 11-21-2019, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
NyWriterdude,

Thank you for your response and encouragement. A lot of what you wrote makes a lot of sense!
A few years ago as I was visiting some countries in Latin America, a Jamaican American guy who had returned to Jamaica was shocked that I was an African American who went overseas without being in the military.

He also lived in NYC before moving back to Jamaica. By the 80s many middle class Blacks had moved to the suburbs or out of NYC, so certain neighborhoods had a shortage of educated Black peoole. So it’s a shock to them(this Jamaican and CaribNY) that Black peoole can travel overseas and get other citizenships if they want to.

So definitely keep up the good work and your advocacy.

Old 11-21-2019, 11:41 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,192,619 times
Relevant to the discussion at hand:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa