Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2018, 07:23 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,463,233 times

Advertisements

Wow, white people now want to claim Africa. Who knew all it took was theorizing that AAs are indigenous people. Prophecy playing out right before these eyes of mine. These dry bones...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 07:26 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times
Black Americans are the biggest hypocrites. If a Dominican or Puerto Rican claims anything but black they are called race traitors or self haters by AA's. Yet it is perfectly ok for them (AA'S) to claim Native Americans. LMAO.

The theory that Olmecs were from elsewhere has already been debunked and is not taken serious by any real academics. The fact so many blacks believe this **** is quite disturbing.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:28 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,327,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureKite View Post
No we didn't all come from Africa. And if we did that doesn't mean everyone has black in them
I never said we all have "black" in us, I said we all came from Africa a very, very, very, very long time ago!

My Paternal Haplogroup is E1b1b1a1b1a, meaning my Y chromosome in my body left Africa 30,000 years ago.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:32 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,327,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Wow, white people now want to claim Africa.
Hey, if it helps me get a job, accepted into college and financial aid, might as well claim it!

Old 11-30-2018, 07:35 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,463,233 times
Touche.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:48 PM

112 posts, read 62,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Black Americans are the biggest hypocrites. If a Dominican or Puerto Rican claims anything but black they are called race traitors or self haters by AA's. Yet it is perfectly ok for them (AA'S) to claim Native Americans. LMAO.

The theory that Olmecs were from elsewhere has already been debunked and is not taken serious by any real academics. The fact so many blacks believe this **** is quite disturbing.
This is the absolute TRUTH and nothing but the truth. I do have an appearance similar to Wesley Snipes, and my DNA results says I'm 75%African but I claim my Portuguese ancestry and usually go with Portuguese-American. I can imagine how many Black people will say I'm self-hating.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:15 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,892,143 times
Quote:
Would it be more logical if Brazilians and Americans focus on the majority of their ancestry then a small part? Does it matter if you're 3% or 78% of an ancestry? You can't retro-actively acquire a Portuguese upbringing but you can learn about the heritage of your family and your past which is biologically your heritage. It's about learning about your history, so it's obvious my history is Portuguese.Also they guy you know that has a Portuguese great-great grandfather, did you guys consider him Portuguese? And what did people consider him? So if someone is mixed with Portuguese like me and looks 100% African, and another person is mixed with Portuguese and looks mixed-race, what will you consider them? Would you consider them based on what they look like? I look 100% black would you consider me mixed-race and part Portuguese like someone who looks mixed-race?
I'll answer this way hopefully you'll finally get it. I just got a new DNA match he looks 100% Black and lives in the UK but is estimated as 20% European and is estimated as a 3rd-5th cousin he has Nigerian name so most likely has a Nigerian father his maternal grandmother is Guinea Bissau but moved to Portugal his maternal grandfather is unknown to him but supposedly is part Cape Verdean and part European Portuguese. He is related to me we share a common ancestor do I consider him Portuguese no I don't he is of Partial Portuguese ancestry. He's mixed but doesn't look mixed he looked like an average black guy with dark brown pigmentation.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I'll answer this way hopefully you'll finally get it. I just got a new DNA match he looks 100% Black and lives in the UK but is estimated as 20% European and is estimated as a 3rd-5th cousin he has Nigerian name so most likely has a Nigerian father his maternal grandmother is Guinea Bissau but moved to Portugal his maternal grandfather is unknown to him but supposedly is part Cape Verdean and part European Portuguese. He is related to me we share a common ancestor do I consider him Portuguese no I don't he is of Partial Portuguese ancestry. He's mixed but doesn't look mixed he looked like an average black guy with dark brown pigmentation.

So do you consider your cousin Black, mixed or Portuguese? Also if he was 80% or 50% Portuguese would you consider him Portuguese?

Old 11-30-2018, 09:25 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,892,143 times
Quote:
So do you consider your cousin Black, mixed or Portuguese? Also if he was 80% or 50% Portuguese would you consider him Portuguese?
He's mixed but looks full Black. I see a Black guy when I look at his picture but he is related to me no doubt about it.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
He's mixed but looks full Black. I see a Black guy when I look at his picture but he is related to me no doubt about it.
Why does it matter what he looks like? So if he looked full Portuguese or mixed-race would you still consider him? And if he was 50% or 100% Portuguese by blood would you consider him Portuguese?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa