Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2022, 08:25 AM

2,047 posts, read 859,139 times

Advertisements

Scientists estimate that we are about 100 to 120 years away from creating consciousness on sone level. This thing may be able to act sentient, but it’s just acting,
. Even the greatest minds still do not fully understand consciousness and how it happens. We understand complete functionality of the brain and all the different departments in the brain and how they react and work functionally, but nobody can fully explain consciousness. Even with current modeling and mapping of the human brain. It is still a mystery. So don’t give me any crap about a computer having conscious awareness. It’s mimicking. Get real folks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2022, 07:45 PM

63 posts, read 53,757 times
my guitars/amps are sentient..to me

but it's still input = output[+]

Old 06-22-2022, 10:26 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Never say always when it involves false predictions about technology. We were supposed to have scary intelligent computers by 2001, remember?
And how can you be so certain these things scary things don’t already exist, or that they have not existed for quite a while? Just because you aren’t aware of the technology, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Look, it is not not argued by people who know, that classified technology is 20-30 years advanced beyond whatever technology that is released for public use. When one considers this, while also contemplating just how much the known technology has advanced over the past 30 years, the classified technology that already exists now is quite likely to be beyond our imagination.

Just think of what has become publicly available technology in just the last 15 years … the iPhone only came into existence in 2007.

Right now, you can pick up a new Mac Tower computer at your local Apple store that you can plop into the trunk of your car, that has more computing power than Mainframe computers had not so long ago, which took up computer room space the size of a football field.

So, it’s a safe assumption that this Mac Computer Tower, while providing unprecedented computing power in the hands of a teenager, is small change when compared to technology which is sure to exist.

I just watched a program on the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, and that technology is mind boggling, from its force multiplier capability of engaging a dozen or more hostile adversaries simultaneously, to the pilot’s ability to see what is outside the aircraft from any angle, including straight through the floor of the cockpit to visually see what may be directly beneath him. This again is technology we now know about.

So, it’s childlike naïveté to think you know something you can’t possibly know, or that the only things that exist are things you know about.

Old 06-22-2022, 11:10 AM

2,953 posts, read 994,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
I work with basic(cheap) AI. Which gets fed “Big Data” from just about everyone.
I use AI to accelerate the process of bug-finding in microprocessors. Sentient? Probably not now but I bet in our lifetimes. ... And nobody should knock Google engineers. They're far far from stupid.

Old 06-22-2022, 12:21 PM

3,080 posts, read 3,267,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
I use AI to accelerate the process of bug-finding in microprocessors. Sentient? Probably not now but I bet in our lifetimes. ... And nobody should knock Google engineers. They're far far from stupid.
But in AI "biased" can be far more dangerous than "stupid".

And no engineer/data scientist from anywhere should get a free pass, esp. google/tesla/etc.

Old 06-22-2022, 12:33 PM

2,953 posts, read 994,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
But in AI "biased" can be far more dangerous than "stupid".
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
And no engineer/data scientist from anywhere should get a free pass, esp. google/tesla/etc.
The tester is rarely a design engineer. I think this validation person (Lemoine) was too emotionally suggestible and saw what he wanted to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI