Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 08:41 PM

6 posts, read 10,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byzantine View Post
Hello all,

I wanted to see if you guys can shed any light on Clinton OH? I can't really find anything on it, accept the city data statistics look good. Low crime, slightly higher than average income.

I know it's a small town, one guy told me there is a bar, and a drive-thru, that's about it.

For those that have been through there, how long does it take to get to Cleveland from there, and to Akron from there? We would be going to church in one of those cities (we are Melkite Catholic).

You see, we need a large property, both for the online giftshop/bookstore we run [URL="http://www.easterngiftshop.com/"]St. Joseph School for Boys Bookstore[/URL] and the 5 boys in the household. With a like $110,000 price limit, with 4000+SF. The property we are looking at is like 5000+SF on 2.5 acres. Only thing I am worried about is lack of people in the small town, and us boys making friends. They are also homeschooled.

Oh, and the reason we are trying to move from WNY, painfully high taxes, certainly in any of the low crime areas, picky neighbors, basements flooding with raw sewage when we get heavy rain. And we are tired of getting complaints from the village, ranging from we are not allowed to park our car on the concrete pad in front of our house, to when a bird flew through out attic window and we didn't fix it immediatly (we had plywood over it) getting fined for that.

I am 17, and one of those 5 boys. I can certainly move back here if I wanted, I have friends here. But I want my family to be in a good place, and if I did move back here, it certainly would not be the worst drive to visit my folks, although with Lake Erie snow, it might make winter driving a pain in the...

Thanks,
Claude
hey clinton is great i used to go there when i was young.it has a history of ghost in rhoges hollow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 08:42 PM

6 posts, read 10,504 times
yeah clinton is small nice and a good example of what life in Ohio used to be like!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton