Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 04:41 PM

42 posts, read 95,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Your plan is fine. The "unrealistic sourdoughs" in this thread were commenting on the OP, who doesn't seem to have a plan or a clue.

Here's a little realism for you, though. We've all seen those who moved up on a whim become stranded and broke. The state used to have a program that paid for them to get back to where they came from (funding was cut for it some time ago)...that's how common it is. You'll see it yourself in the future and perhaps you'll think back to having called us unrealistic and jaded and understand that we were speaking the truth.
I know. You're right. And I do apologize if I in any way disrespected any "lifers" on here! I guess it just floors me that someone in this information rich day and age would NOT prepare, prepare, over prepare, then research and prepare some more! I guess that was also a little bit of my own insecurity seeping through, as I am nervous about our own move, but confident we're going about it the best way we personally can!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 08:34 PM

3 posts, read 4,473 times
first off how can u all jump to conclusions and think we dnt have a plan or cushion?? u all just read too much into my couple little sentences when all i asked for was alittle information about the cities and the state. for ur info my parents are going up first gettn jobs and a house and coming back for us. also u think 1500 would b enough cushion?? thank u all for the positive feedback...

Last edited by laceydawn; 02-08-2011 at 08:44 PM..

Old 02-08-2011, 08:52 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,776 times
It depends, $1500 is only enough for less than two months rent.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:59 PM

437 posts, read 815,298 times
$1500 would most likely not be even close enough for a cushion. And depending on where you live that wouldn't even cover 2 months rent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceydawn View Post
first off how can u all jump to conclusions and think we dnt have a plan or cushion?? u all just read too much into my couple little sentences when all i asked for was alittle information about the cities and the state. for ur info my parents are going up first gettn jobs and a house and coming back for us. also u think 1500 would b enough cushion?? thank u all for the positive feedback...

Old 02-08-2011, 09:08 PM

34 posts, read 67,668 times
I firmly believe that the most retarded questions get the most responses on this forum (and many others, to be fair).

Apparently, nobody likes to respond to a well-written, intelligent posting.

Carry on...

Old 02-08-2011, 09:15 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEINZRX View Post
I firmly believe that the most retarded questions get the most responses on this forum (and many others, to be fair).

Carry on...
Do you comment on ADN stories? There is a poster there that always ends with "carry on".

Old 02-08-2011, 11:39 PM

1,923 posts, read 4,713,692 times
Quote:

Carry on...

Where is the fun in that?

Old 02-08-2011, 11:43 PM

222 posts, read 389,432 times
Quote:

Carry on...
This place would be boring like that.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:25 AM

1,753 posts, read 2,901,981 times
Hmm let's see. For a LOW $900 a month rental, no it would not be enough. Most landlords want first, last, and security deposit to move in. But wait, then there is the electric to get turned on. Do you plan to have a phone? That's another deposit. How many gallons of heating fuel do you plan to buy? Most companies wont deliver less then 100 gallons. You can do it yourself 5 gallons or less at a time. I did that for a while. It's a pain in the rear. Heating fuel costs over $3 a gallon here in Fairbanks.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:06 AM

3 posts, read 4,473 times
i meant 15,000 not 1500
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska