Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2007, 04:37 PM

457 posts, read 1,019,377 times

Advertisements

This isnt downtown Los Angeles! What in the world would a beaver town , Talkeetna like 99 % of the towns/ cities etc.. villages in Alaska do this? or even any town outside or downtown Anchorage or Fairbanks do this?

Im confused.

A town of 900 have a rule no more than 2 dogs????????????

These people that enforce this need to be in Jail---
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 03:02 PM

19 posts, read 92,523 times
I'm confused too - haven't been reading lately - how did I miss this? It's a state law or something? How long has it been around and does anyone actually enforce it? Here in VA my county has a law against more than 2 in a subdivision, but agriculturally zoned areas (rural, farms, etc.) have no limit. And the 2 dog rule isn't enforced unless neighbors complain and turn you in. You're right - idiotic in Alaska, I'd think. What about all those breeders and sled dog enthusiasts? Is there a license you have to buy to have more? That's it - a source of revenue.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:28 AM

15 posts, read 51,362 times
Where did you see this? I did a search but couldn't find it?

Personally, I wouldn't want more than 2 dogs however, it's none of anyones business if I have 3 or 4 as long as they're not bothering anyone IMHO

I've not heard of this ordinance in SE?

Old 08-12-2007, 11:02 AM

1,437 posts, read 4,814,981 times
If this is true, I imagine there is a good reason behind this. I personally can imagine why, but I'm gonna keep my mouth closed because some people would not like my reply.

Old 08-12-2007, 12:20 PM

1,396 posts, read 3,454,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpiledogs View Post
What about all those breeders and sled dog enthusiasts? Is there a license you have to buy to have more? That's it - a source of revenue.
Exactly, Dog mushing is the Alaska State Sport and Talkeetna is known as a mushing town. Manmoutain from Nevada is simply trolling!

Old 08-13-2007, 12:09 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,917,833 times
Mountainman, where did you hear this? I'm from Talkeetna and have not heard this at all.

I know there was an issue in Wasilla where a woman had more dogs than what the local ordinance allowed, but she lived in a subdivision there.

Do you have a source that substantiates your claims on this subject?

With the influx of summer workers and so on I can see the point in it, actually. Abandoned dogs are an increasing problem.

I know plenty of mushers there and have not heard of them having any trouble because of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska