Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:56 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,438,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
I was going to say something about compensating for a lack of something...but then I'd be chewing on my boot at the same time as I'm vertically challenged and have a 6" lift on my Jeep...
You go girl.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 10:35 AM

1,753 posts, read 2,904,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
they remove the stock exhaust system off their gas truck. Then they install dual pipes straight up behind the cab, just like the big boys with the real "tractor rigs".

Bud
Seward, Ak
Keep in mind that many of these pipes that go straight up are because in the winter, the pickup carries a dog box. The exhaust needs to be rerouted up so as not to smoke out the dogs.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:05 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,740,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
I was going to say something about compensating for a lack of something...but then I'd be chewing on my boot at the same time as I'm vertically challenged and have a 6" lift on my Jeep...
hey hey Mac is looking good and you too! now just drop a stick shift in him and you'll be happier...psss..need lots more lights for the things you do with Mac!

Old 08-16-2011, 11:57 AM

4,137 posts, read 9,107,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
Keep in mind that many of these pipes that go straight up are because in the winter, the pickup carries a dog box. The exhaust needs to be rerouted up so as not to smoke out the dogs.
I can understand that, for some. Not all do that for that reason, methinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
hey hey Mac is looking good and you too! now just drop a stick shift in him and you'll be happier...psss..need lots more lights for the things you do with Mac!
I will be happier with the standard, but that will have to wait until the husband arrives home safe and after we purchase a home. Lights were the next thing on my list...but then last time I was out on ruts, Mac's rearview mirror flew off. Need that first.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:27 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,848,570 times
Yeah, I noticed a guy here the other day who had left his diesel truck idling in the parking lot while he was inside and had to wonder why. I mean, it has cooled off significantly... down to the low to mid 70's! It's still way too warm to leave your truck idling, and I doubt if we get more than a total of two weeks out of the year when it's even cold enough to warrant leaving your truck running. As much as I like the sound of a diesel engine, I'm not one to leave my truck running just 'cause it's cool. That's pretty redneck.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:29 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,522,496 times
It is the same all around.. I have a diesel truck. It is 100% stock. Stock height, stock exhaust, stock tires, etc... I have a remote start, which I use on my way BACK to the truck to cool it off (or heat it up). I shut it off unless someone is waiting in the truck for some odd reason.

Too expensive to needlessly burn $4.00 Gal fuel... I operate my gas vehicles (cars too) the same way... I actually prefer to NOT be noticed...

As far as polluting, my new diesel is cleaner than almost any gas vehicle out there. My tailpipe has never been cleaned and has ZERO carbon/soot on it... I don't blow any black smoke and it produces almost zero NOX due to the SCR (Selective Catalyst Reduction) system. I do have to refill the UREA tank every 5k miles or so... The air is supposedly cleaner when it exits my truck then when it enters.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:33 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,522,496 times
Nice Jeep!!!

Old 08-16-2011, 08:42 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,848,570 times
Yeah, because stock height on a 3/4 ton is plenty high. That's cool though if it's true that it literally cleans the air going through it, but I don't see how that would work.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:42 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
PA is full ofthem Bud. Most have one single 6" pipe sticking up in the bed. Today I saw a truck in Anchorage, and I swear his twin pipes were 8 foot tall! Looked the total dork!

Old 08-16-2011, 10:38 PM

9 posts, read 20,283 times
Guess I'd be considered one of those lady rednecks.... I have a lifted diesel truck, no stacks though (stacks are stupid looking) and I don't leave it idle while I go into the store. Also have a Jetta TDI..can you say 45-50 mpg?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska